• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No more BB's...Bug-a-Salt could be next!

If we kill bumble bees is that going to doom the planet or is that just honey bees?

If I don't kill them, it may doom my cabin. Those bastards just chew thru everything. (Carpenter Bees is a more accurate title. They don't bother me, but they are always looking to bore holes in my home.)

I resorted to an electrified swatter. They still shake that off, too. LOL. Might have to try that reduced 12GA. ROFL!!!!

If we kill bumble bees is that going to doom the planet or is that just honey bees?

My mother would hang out in the park and she'd find one of those giant flower blossoms, like a tulip or something, with a bumblebee harvesting the nectar. She'd close the petals over the bee, pop off the flower and walk up to a stranger, put the closed flower in their hand and then say it was a bee inside. She'd she'd run off in search of another bee and another victim. Of course the person holding the flower feels the bee inside buzzing and starting to eat it's way out of the flower... she was a real troublemaker that one. This was back in the late '30's or so, when it was (supposedly) safe for little girls to wander around DC alone. (Biden was not president back then...)

She was also routinely chased out of the rotunda at the Library of Congress and would sometimes play hooky and take the street car out to the equestrian farms in Virginia.

Back
Top Bottom