no gun parts on ebay

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Here's the link to eBays Firearms policy dated Today:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200707.shtml#2007-07-30094109

Hello everyone…In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.
As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
Vice President, Trust & Safety

Dear Mr. Halprin ................ You are an ass.

Too bad, I've gotten some great deals through E-Bay.

Perhaps there will be some new life at Gunbroker

Every year at least 40,000 people are killed in traffic collisions. Maybe Ebay should stop selling any parts that required for operating a motor vehicle.

Ebay users should bombard this guy with emails.

Gary

f*** ebay, and their anti-gun, anti-consumer company paypal. [angry]

The only upside to this is sites like gunbroker will get all the stuff
that used to be on ebay- and hey, if it deprives egay of
revenue/traffic, then the diverted traffic will enrich sites like gunbroker, AA, etc.

-Mike

f*** ebay, and their anti-gun, anti-consumer company paypal. [angry]

The only upside to this is sites like gunbroker will get all the stuff
that used to be on ebay- and hey, if it deprives egay of
revenue/traffic, then the diverted traffic will enrich sites like gunbroker, AA, etc.

-Mike

.......... let me hear everybody say amen [laugh2]

I'm dealing with that right now.it seems to me it just a big website with 99% dealers selling stuff.

x2. Ebay in my opinion will see a large decline within the next 3 years (think late 90s .com crumble). I agree though, my dad and sister were just in a motorcycle accident. When will they stop selling those aweful automotive parts that make cars/bikes go faster! [crying][crying][crying][crying][crying][crying][crying][crying][crying][crying][crying][rofl]

I'm dealing with that right now.it seems to me it just a big website with 99% dealers selling stuff.

+1 I used to love looking around ebay but now it is just another Amazon.com and in many cases Amazon is cheaper unless of course you are looking for something old or used.

I have been on Gunbroker for years now and it's actually cheaper to buy stuff on there as it is on evilbay.
I see some things on ebay and wonder how people must feel when they finally go to a gunshow and see that 120.00 dollar rifle grenade they just bought on ebay selling for 20.00!!!!!!

I let them know how I feel about the new policy on the "soapbox" forum.
They removed my post.[smile]

Hello jhrosier,

We appreciate your participation in the eBay Community Forums.

This email is to notify you that we unfortunately had to remove the following
post that you made:

jhrosier (247 ) View Listings | Report Jul-30-07 18:15 PDT 10
of 18

If our short peckered friends at ebay don't need our business,
Gunbroker, Auction Arms, and Gunsamerica will gladly take up the
slack. Shooters were trading goods before ebay and we will be around
long after they have gone.

In order for the community forums, which are based on the eBay Community
Values, to be a place where all members can feel comfortable interacting with
each other, there are certain types of posts that we have to remove if reported
to us. The guidelines for posting in the forums are defined in the Board Usage
Policy. Your post was specifically removed for the following reason:

Advertising merchandise, auctions, services or commercial Web sites, including
offers to trade, "wanted" posts, or charitable solicitations. For clarification
of this policy, please visit this page: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?
threadID=410492031

We understand that most posts that are removed were not intentional
violations. Please take a moment to review the Board Usage Policy and policy
explanations via the following URLs for clarification about the types of posts
that we do allow:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-boards.html
http://forums.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=2005

Again, we value your participation in the forums, and we appreciate your
support.

Regards,
Farmer
eBay Moderation Team
[laugh2]
I am a little disappointed that they didn't ban me.

I let them know how I feel about the new policy on the "soapbox" forum.
They removed my post.[smile]

[laugh2]
I am a little disappointed that they didn't ban me.

I think they removed it because you didn't hyphenate "short peckered". If I were you, I'd try again.

I know that most of you think that they suck... But I'm going to hate this.

I've found some of the best deals on parts and brass on eBay than anywhere else. I also use eBay for tons of stuff that I need, that you can't find anywhere else.

I do think that it sucks, but as this is the largest market, there's not many other places for other items and the prices that you find there.

I do think that I'm going to watch more on Gunbroker now for parts and such. But before this, eBay always had better prices on parts that I was looking for than Auction Arms, GunBroker, and Guns America.

Well, that is the pits.
  • I got my M1917 barrel for $150 less than it was worth.
  • I got a complete upper for a Colt Compact.
  • I got the correct barrel of my WWII Ithaca.
  • I got more than one set of grips.

I'm done buying there I guess.[angry]

Here's the comment that I posted;

"As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government;..."

Guess what ebad... The federal government regulates money so I wont be spending anymore of my federally regulated money on ebad and i will stop all paypal transactions that use federally regulated money
!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could kind of understand, but not like, an "our lawyers will sue us if we don't do this" argument. But this lame "because some scum who shot loads of kids at VT purchased off E-Bay" sounds like lame, PC pandering to me.

Having said that. It won't affect me. Never got anything from them; and when it comes to items like guns I'm old-school. I prefer to see the item, and be aware of who the seller is (i.e. a shop).

ebay.gif

Maybe as gun owners we should just boycott anti-bay all together.

And what did the cretin who attacked VT buy on E-bay?

Glorified PEZ dispensers. Yep. Magazines.

So, I guess boxes with springs in them need to be banned. After all, we don't want all those PEZ dispensers to cause the likes of Rosie O'Donnel to get even fatter....

Ebay will ban the auction of reloading bullets as of August

I just bought 100 pulled 50 BMG AP bullets from a guy who's been selling these rounds for a while on Ebay. During our conversation he indicated that he'd received a letter from Ebay stating that they were going to stop the sale of reloading rounds in August. The letter was informing him that they would pull his listings if he continued trying to sell these bullets after the deadline.

I'd heard they were going to do this, but hadn't heard of when it would be implemented. Guess I know now. If you buy reloading supplies from Ebay, you may want to stock up now.

There was a post mentioning E Bay banning sale of some gun parts, mags, and a few other items. I just bid on a nice Mosin carbine sling tonight. I guess some stuff is still safe.[grin]

So, is Gunbroker a viable alternative for reloading supplies? Ebay's been my primary source for reloading supplies for quite some time now. Also, does anyone know how to cancel an eBay account? I've been registered since 1997 -- time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom