• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NM cop is charged with murder after shocking video showed him shooting grandmother three times as she was driving away

New Mexico is one of three states (others Colorado and Connecticut) that banned qualified immunity. I remember this video and glad he's charged with murder. He had her clearly identified and car tag, and enough info to at least get an arrest warrant. Driving away does not command lethal use of force.

Tough call. I mean, talk about excessive. But I'm tired of these people who think that because they watched some BS on Youtube they can resist the police. You F'd up. You F'd up again. You then further F up. Then you complain the police "can't touch me." Yeah. They're gonna touch you.

But he's gonna pay. Just let them go. No reason to shoot unless they were trying to run him over, which they weren't.

Tough call. I mean, talk about excessive. But I'm tired of these people who think that because they watched some BS on Youtube they can resist the police. You F'd up. You F'd up again. You then further F up. Then you complain the police "can't touch me." Yeah. They're gonna touch you.

But he's gonna pay. Just let them go. No reason to shoot unless they were trying to run him over, which they weren't.
Having watched that video "from his bodycam" he went into the abusive mode from the start. No people skills whatsoever. He was looking to escalate that contact right from the beginning. I would willing bet that, that dept. is trained that way.

New Mexico is one of three states (others Colorado and Connecticut) that banned qualified immunity. I remember this video and glad he's charged with murder. He had her clearly identified and car tag, and enough info to at least get an arrest warrant. Driving away does not command lethal use of force.
one of these days a ricochet-round will split the skull of a toddler from a high-ranking government official and that'll end wheel-of-fortune use-of-force by police

one of these days a ricochet-round will split the skull of a toddler from a high-ranking government official and that'll end wheel-of-fortune use-of-force by police
I assure you that scenario, or similar, has already happened. An unhinged cop has no limit to terrorize.

They blew a baby face off with a flash bang while raiding the wrong house.. if you’re waiting to see justice, I wouldn’t hold your breath

Not tough at all. The punishment does NOT fit the crime. She asked for a supervisor. He should be in jail, and had no business being a cop. If she didn’t identify herself, he should have arrested her.

I have yet to see a department emphasize de-escalation. I've heard a lot of talk about it, never once seen it in practice. I'm not talking about getting pulled over by someone you went to high school with and everything is chill. De-escalation simply is seen as week to some of these chiefs and NOBODY is being recruited because they're great at de-escalation.

Back
Top Bottom