• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NJ Lawyer Arrested for Carrying Into Courthouse Without Permit

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
My condolences. Look, if you ever need to talk, I'll lend an ear. But no huggy s**t.
Appreciate it:D moved from there to AZ about 19 years ago, AZ to here 10 years ago, headed to Tennessee soon. Closi g July 29,youngest starts school (SNHU) in September and we're GONE.

Down in Knoxville right now meeting contractors. Yesterday was dinner (5th best burgers in the COUNTRY at Stock and Barrel, then shopping exploratory shopping today:
20190622_195554.jpg 20190624_154820.jpg 20190624_131545.jpg

Bud's and Smoky Mountain are across the street from each other, 17 miles from the new house. Brand new WASR-10 is $650, Ruger AR-556 about the same. PALLETS of ammo in all calibers on display at Bud's, enough knives ON DISPLAY at Smoky Mountain to build a Ford-class carrier.

Most of the time people manning metal detectors don't give a flying f**k!

Walked into an ER in Savannah a couple months ago, didn't expect the metal detector. Or the guy who took it seriously. Told him I had a firearm and had to go put it in the truck. Came back in and detector went off on the knife. He just looked at me and said "I'm not going to make you walk back to your truck"...

Starting to think about a ceramic or poly knife...

Walked into an ER in Savannah a couple months ago, didn't expect the metal detector. Or the guy who took it seriously. Told him I had a firearm and had to go put it in the truck. Came back in and detector went off on the knife. He just looked at me and said "I'm not going to make you walk back to your truck"...

What if you had come in unconscious or even conscious but by amberlamps? Would they send you to the bus station to rent a locker or something?!

What if you had come in unconscious or even conscious but by amberlamps? Would they send you to the bus station to rent a locker or something?!

2 more data points:
1) Motorcycle accident, they found a gun on me when they cut my leather off before backboarding me. That gun was seized by police at the scene.
2) Waiting in the ER in Bridgeport, CT. When they finally admitted me, they asked if I had any valuables on me. "Yeah, wallet and gun". "WHAT? - you've been in here for x number of hours with a firearm and didn't tell us?!". "Nobody asked." I called a buddy of mine at a local bar, he came down, picked it up, and gave it to the bar owner who tossed it in his safe. I picked it back up a week or so later when I was released.

You need that Glock 7 from die hard...

Sounds like it will not apply to vehicles in a driveway running for the purpose of warming up and defrosting.
Only while actively clearing snow and ice off the vehicle and to warm the windshield and interior of the vehicle.

And no cop anywhere is going to change their behavior
just because you wave an "FAQ" in their face.

Down in Knoxville right now ... Yesterday was dinner (5th best burgers in the COUNTRY at Stock and Barrel, ...
You should get an amateur radio license and visit Dayton for the Hamvention.
And other things.

Last edited:
One of our attorneys brought his pistol in a brief case with a trigger lock on a loaded firearm... when he placed the briefcase on the table the firearm discharged.... in the end nothing came of it except the lawyer refuses to show up to Holyoke courts like 15 years after the fact.

I thought lawyers were part of the protected class in NJ. Oh well, hopefully he can make something of the case and benefit the rest of the sheep in NJ.

Hmm. Here in the People’s Republik of Mass, I show my bar card and walk through the beeping metal detector without slowing down.

In South Carolina courthouses the attorneys use a side door that has no metal detectors.

I used the main entrance like normal peons and emptied my pockets. After going through the detector while putting my belongings back in my pockets the deputy noticed a clip on knife I had forgotten. Had he not noticed the clip I would have walked right in.

Thats a fair size chunk of metal to not set off the detector.

Back
Top Bottom