Nightmare Dealers

Is art now a commodity?

@drgrant why fight? He's obviously right. With the present display of negotiation prowess, surely our self-declared, uneducated consumer will build immediate rapport with his unwitting dealer by uttering those magic words. Then he can really feel proud of having gotten one over on the knuckle-dragging, gun-toting community on his one and only firearm purchase. His skills are further evidenced by all the posters tripping over themselves to help answer his queries that clearly aren't discussed in previous threads on this forum and others.

We are outclassed.
I think you got the wrong guy there. You meant me and not @Rob Boudrie .

But yes, I do think a lot of folks on here might qualify as "knuckle-dragging, gun-toting community" who buy an excessive number of guns. For heaven’s sake, spending thousands upon thousands of dollars, satisfying some boyhood fetish for guns, cheered on by the ecstatic firearms' industry exhorting "buy buy buy, shoot shoot shoot", who like nothing better than the dumb clowns swallowing it all up; millions and millions of dollars just going up in smoke, just to hear something go bang. I mean, if you are capable of just one rational thought, you have to see how absolutely dumb all this is.

Last edited:
I replied to Rob's comment. Thank you very much.

But yes, I do think a lot of folks on here might qualify as "knuckle-dragging, gun-toting community" who buy more than the necessary number of guns. For heaven’s sake, spending thousands upon thousands of dollars, satisfying some childhood boy-fetish for guns, cheered on by the ecstatic firearms' industry exhorting "buy buy buy, shoot shoot shoot", who like nothing better than the dumb clowns swallowing it all up; millions and millions of dollars just going up in smoke, just to hear something go bang. I mean, if you are capable of just one rational thought, you have to see how absolutely dumb it is.
Thank you for telling us what to like and how to spend our money and lives. I'm especially excited to see how you will tell us we're to spend our alloted calories when you eventually rise among the ranks of the central planners once America finally gives up on its dreams of individual liberty.

I do think a lot of folks on here might qualify as "knuckle-dragging, gun-toting community" who buy more than the necessary number of guns. For heaven’s sake, spending thousands upon thousands of dollars, satisfying some childhood boy-fetish for guns, cheered on by the ecstatic firearms' industry exhorting "buy buy buy, shoot shoot shoot", who like nothing better than the dumb clowns swallowing it all up; millions and millions of dollars just going up in smoke, just to hear something go bang. I mean, if you are capable of just one rational thought, you have to see how absolutely dumb all this is.

Well, I for one, am chastened.

I replied to Rob's comment. Thank you very much.
I thought that derogatory narrative was about me.

Thank you for telling us what to like and how to spend our money and lives. I'm especially excited to see how you will tell us we're to spend our alloted calories when you eventually rise among the ranks of the central planners once America finally gives up on its dreams of individual liberty.
Calling someone out for stupidity is not necessarily an attempt to take away liberty.

I thought that derogatory narrative was about me.
I replied to Rob.
Then I talked about your haughty positions. This is demonstrated by paragraph breaks.

Calling someone out for stupidity is not necessarily an attempt to take away liberty.
No. Telling people they're wrong for their preferences, is. But keep doing you. I'm sure you'll start making friends any minute.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey in thinking of the whole self-defense thing anew. If your performance here is any sign, you'll need it.

But yes, I do think a lot of folks on here might qualify as "knuckle-dragging, gun-toting community" who buy more than the necessary number of guns

Wow, Reported!!!! lol

What is the "necessary amount of guns"?

You are not going to last long here with that attitude!!!

Let us know when you get to 2 or 3 guns...

I'll bet you become the next "Chris from NES"

Wouldn't you say it depends on the kind of preference? I mean, if you have a preference for murdering people, then yes, someone needs to tell you that you are wrong for your preference.
If you don't see the problem in drawing the false equivalence between owning a tool and unlawfully taking human lives, you need therapy.

I still can't get over the fact that the OP bought his girlfriend a Ruger.

Sooner or later, someone is going to tell her, and there is going to be hell to pay. When she finds out that you bought her a Ruger, and don't care enough to buy her a decent gun...oh boy. Might as well give her a cubic zirconia engagement ring.
She will have left, hopefully, the dude before the gun.

But yes, I do think a lot of folks on here might qualify as "knuckle-dragging, gun-toting community" who buy more than the necessary number of guns. For heaven’s sake, spending thousands upon thousands of dollars, satisfying some childhood boy-fetish for guns, cheered on by the ecstatic firearms' industry exhorting "buy buy buy, shoot shoot shoot", who like nothing better than the dumb clowns swallowing it all up; millions and millions of dollars just going up in smoke, just to hear something go bang. I mean, if you are capable of just one rational thought, you have to see how absolutely dumb all this is.
Finally we see the real you. Such smart. Many douche.

But yes, I do think a lot of folks on here might qualify as "knuckle-dragging, gun-toting community" who buy more than the necessary number of guns. For heaven’s sake, spending thousands upon thousands of dollars, satisfying some childhood boy-fetish for guns, cheered on by the ecstatic firearms' industry exhorting "buy buy buy, shoot shoot shoot", who like nothing better than the dumb clowns swallowing it all up; millions and millions of dollars just going up in smoke, just to hear something go bang. I mean, if you are capable of just one rational thought, you have to see how absolutely dumb all this is.

Please enlighten me. What is the necessary amount of guns? How is that number derived? Who are you to decide that for other people?

I don't know you, but I don't like you already. I've never said that to anyone here until now. You're definitely going to make lots of friends. Go ahead and put your pronouns in your signature and save us the trouble.

Please enlighten me. What is the necessary amount of guns? How is that number derived? Who are you to decide that for other people?

I don't know you, but I don't like you already. I've never said that to anyone here until now. You're definitely going to make lots of friends. Go ahead and put your pronouns in your signature and save us the trouble.
Necessary amount of guns is 986

1 from each side of an armed conflict

One for each side of a room in your home to have a gun... 6 to carry at all times

3 for each car...29 for the hoe house

And 986

What is the necessary amount of guns?
May I ask, how many guns do you own? How much money do you have invested in your armory?

What is the necessary amount of guns? How is that number derived?
Whatever number is enough / reasonable to give you the utility that you seek from guns (protection, I assume).
I am curious. How do you decide how many guns are enough?

Who are you to decide that for other people?
I am not deciding that. But when I see a room full of guns with excited boys drooling over them, it seems more than necessary.

May I ask, how many guns do you own? How much money do you have invested in your armory?

Whatever number is enough / reasonable to give you the utility that you seek from guns (protection, I assume).

I am not deciding that. But when I see a room full of guns with excited boys drooling over them, it seems more than necessary.

Why do YOU care about MY money? Where do you hang out that you see "boys" drooling over them? Are they different than the boys drooling at car shows?

I don't need the answers because you don't matter. You've already outed yourself as a fool. Sometimes it's better to remain silent than to speak and remove all doubt.

You assume prolifically, incorrectly, and confidently. Good luck with your ignorance.

Why do YOU care about MY money?
I don't. Just trying to get an idea of what you consider a necessary number of guns and what you consider a reasonable amount of money to spend on it.

Where do you hang out that you see "boys" drooling over them?
By boys, I mean men with the mental age of adolescents. You may be one.

Are they different than the boys drooling at car shows?
No. Buying an excessive number of cars would be dumb too.

Damn boy…

You smell like a fudd.

There are all sorts of reasons to have a lot of guns. Lots.

This is a gun forum. Most here are gun people. It’s their hobby.

I have a lot of cool guns they don’t make anymore. Now that I have some money as an adult, I can buy some cool things I could not afford as a 20 something with a wife and kid.

Go yell at some Bennie baby collectors, no one needs more than 10 stuffed animals.

Why do YOU care about MY money? Where do you hang out that you see "boys" drooling over them? Are they different than the boys drooling at car shows?

I don't need the answers because you don't matter. You've already outed yourself as a fool. Sometimes it's better to remain silent than to speak and remove all doubt.

You assume prolifically, incorrectly, and confidently. Good luck with your ignorance.
I care about your money ..i don't like people over paying for stuff

1-5 more, whatever it takes.
wow - that is more than fine. What perplexes me is when the number goes above that kind of a range.

You will hate me for having a few duplicates.
yeah - that I have a hard time understanding. What is it - one to keep in a box untouched, and the other to play with?
I have to admit that some are beautiful enough to warrant this treatment.
Another person explained to me that guys who compete have to do this, just to have a backup.

wow - that is more than fine. What perplexes me is when the number goes above that kind of a range.

yeah - that I have a hard time understanding. What is it - one to keep in a box untouched, and the other to play with?
I have to admit that some are beautiful enough to warrant this treatment.
Another person explained to me that guys who compete have to do this, just to have a backup.
1-5 more than I have at any given time. I might buy two this weekend. So adding that to my stash.

I kept a few duplicates as I was shooting a lot of classes and competitions. If I had a failure (which I have had on more than one gun) I’d be able to continue. I’ve seen guns break or have issues. I’ve had to borrow a gun more than once. Rule is it has to be the “same”.

Hell, just this past Sat, my fully built Ruger 22/45 was having all sorts of issues (witnessed by several NES members including one above). To finish a stage I borrowed another NES members gun (same thing).

But if I brought my 2nd (yea I have 2) I could have used it.

And if I want to buy 2 one for shooting and one for collecting, why not?

You are a self described skinflint.

The above has to be alien to you.

Back
Top Bottom