Nightmare Dealers

Safeties are useful on striker guns if your girl is planning to purse carry. Striker gun plus shitty holster thrown into a purse or a man purse spells disaster. Safety usually takes away much of the chance of an ND. Now a DA/SA gun in a purse or murse doesn't need a safety.
If you really liked her, you'd make sure there was a proper retention system in the purse - all in a separate pocket, just for the Roscoe

A problem many self-declared "experts" suffer from is the inability to tell the difference between opinion and objective fact.
Right

Like obviously i know what I'm talking about when i say that you need a 60 moa dot for carry to put on your attacker duh
I'm in it I'm an expert

This reminded me very much of a scene from The Survivors where Robin Williams' character is asking for a time out in a gun fight because he brought the wrong bullets for his gun.

Second Survivors reference in as many days. I had the first. LOL. I might have to go looking for it.

I recall watching it on HBO or Starcase or whatever back in 198x and thinking, "There is no way, in America, you could go in and buy a gun like that and take it home that night. Crazy!" I was a pre-teen and clueless living in a house where no one owned guns for the entire existence of the family line. LOL

If you really liked her, you'd make sure there was a proper retention system in the purse - all in a separate pocket, just for the Roscoe
I murse carry too and I have a separate pocket with just a velcroed kydex holster with my piece and nothing else. I still would carry a striker gun only if it had a thumb safety. Hammer gun without safety perfectly fine.

I murse carry too and I have a separate pocket with just a velcroed kydex holster with my piece and nothing else. I still would carry a striker gun only if it had a thumb safety. Hammer gun without safety perfectly fine.
If it's in a holster, what are you worried about?

Safeties are useful on striker guns if your girl is planning to purse carry. Striker gun plus shitty holster thrown into a purse or a man purse spells disaster. Safety usually takes away much of the chance of an ND. Now a DA/SA gun in a purse or murse doesn't need a safety.
Wrong.
Your first mistake is buying a sh*tty holster.
Buy a proper holster and a safety is not needed.

Read my example of a Glock in a proper holster. Posted earlier in the thread.

I literally just spent all week dragging that thing around.

LOL. Maybe. Or maybe he's retired IDF.

I don't disagree with you. But it's his life, his choice. Ditto for safety vs. non. Hell, I actively avoid any DA/SA pistols. I don't own one. I prefer non-safety (trying to think of a manual safety gun I've ever carried. . . . maybe I carried a 1911 for a day. Maybe) and a full chamber. But that's me.
No, he is a moron.

I don't care if he is retired IDF. That, to me, doesn't mean sh*t. And if he was some sort of special ops, then he is retarded for saying what he said.

I can't stand DA/SA handguns, that first trigger pull is a mile long. Horrible. That being said, as of right now, my SHTF gun is a DA/SA ... only until it gets replaced with a new Glock.

Wrong.
Your first mistake is buying a sh*tty holster.
Buy a proper holster and a safety is not needed.

Read my example of a Glock in a proper holster. Posted earlier in the thread.

I literally just spent all week dragging that thing around.
Nah breh the holster is fine. Clicks and with decent retention but not too much so it draw perfectly from my murse without my other hand tugging my birkin bag down. The issue is I am a uuge poosi when it comes to the risk of plaxico hellkitty.

signal-2023-11-21-144451_002.jpeg

I understand irrational fear. Got a buddy who's been with a girl for over 5 years and she still won't let him hit it raw cause of fear of toddler potential. Rubbers only, even though she is on BC AND he must pull out before the finish line lol.
What?

No, he is a moron.

I don't care if he is retired IDF. That, to me, doesn't mean sh*t. And if he was some sort of special ops, then he is retarded for saying what he said.

I can't stand DA/SA handguns, that first trigger pull is a mile long. Horrible. That being said, as of right now, my SHTF gun is a DA/SA ... only until it gets replaced with a new Glock.

Attachments

• pistol-revolver-home-personal-property-defense-fanning.jpg
    pistol-revolver-home-personal-property-defense-fanning.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 6
I am a range safety officer at my club, and I end up talking to inexperienced shooters about a wide range of issue, including different styles of handguns, and how to carry them.

I feel that most shooters are best served by striker fired auto pistols, with triggers that are not too light, and with no external safeties. My reasons for this preference include most of the reasons given earlier in this thread. And I also frequently discuss with people how quality holsters are a critical piece of safety equipment, and how concealed carry handguns should be carried with a round in the chamber.

However, there is a larger and more important principle that overrides all of these preferences. Everyone who carries a firearm should carry it in a way that they are comfortable with, provided that their method is not less safe. So if someone only feels comfortable with a manual safety, or with a DA/SA auto that can be carried hammer down, or with an empty chamber, then all of those choices are OK for that person. That comfort level is likely to change over time as the person gains experience, but it might not, and that is OK too. No one should try to carry a firearm in a way they are uncomfortable with.

We often say that if your gut is warning you not to do something, then maybe you shouldn't. In some situations, we call that feeling "situational awareness" and commend people who follow it.

When someone tells me they want to take extra safety precautions that experts say are not necessary, I consider whether their gut is telling them, and me, about their actual training level. I take that as a hint to talk about training instead of gear.

When I first started carrying a Glock and this would have been 1991 or 2 I had trouble with carrying one in the pipe because there was no safety on the gun. I have been carrying a model 36 or a model 13 for many years at that point. What made me 100% comfortable with Glocks to this day is good leather. Sometimes I used a thumb break holster and other times I just used a good DeSantis holster. Cover the trigger with a good holster when you are carrying it keep your booger finger out of the trigger God when you have removed it from The holster. Easy peasy Japanesey

I could only imagine how long that one would be.

I try not to haggle but do ask if that is the best they can do.

How is that not haggling? [laugh]

You may not be trying to work a deal like you're at a Turkish Bazaar, but you're definitely haggling with that line. Let me guess, "it doesn't hurt to ask", or "you never know until you ask"? I don't why people feel like it's their duty to try and haggle with someone in a store that isn't owned by a major corporation.

You may not be trying to work a deal like you're at a Turkish Bazaar, but you're definitely haggling with that line. Let me guess, "it doesn't hurt to ask", or "you never know until you ask"? I don't why people feel like it's their duty to try and haggle with someone in a store that isn't owned by a major corporation.
May I ask - what do you have against haggling? I mean the mild version of haggling, like asking "best they can do" (unlike the Turkish bazaar version).

Given the culture we have, isn't it normal to expect some level of haggling (depending on the specific situation)? Sometimes it is just even a fun game.

What? It's been a long time since I shopped there, but they used to have a great reputation when Johnny ran the place.
A person of a different name runs/owns it for many years
Many people like him (I think the majority)
Some think he is a whinny ....

Sorry, it isn't everytime that I ask, it is generally on used stuff, new stuff it is asking price, if the asking price is too high I'lllook at other shops. I'll also ask if I know I can get the same thing down the road for less. Example guy has a case on 9mm for $320 and I know a 5 minute rude up the street gets it to me for $300 I'll ask.

I also try to establish a relationship with an FFL so I don't have to ask they just take care of regular customers.

May I ask - what do you have against haggling? I mean the mild version of haggling, like asking "best they can do" (unlike the Turkish bazaar version).

Given the culture we have, isn't it normal to expect some level of haggling (depending on the specific situation)? Sometimes it is just even a fun game.

I ask why do you feel compelled to do it? Do you try to haggle at Walmart? Do you do it at McDonalds? Why is that it's only ever done at small independent businesses?

I have a couple of issues with it. One is that the store owner has already shown you his price. If that's not good enough for you then be a man and make an offer or walk. By asking what their best price is you're being a pussy and begging for a discount instead of manning up and actually negotiating. The other problem I have with it is that a lot of the time you're just putting an employee who's probably working for minimum wage and an employee discount in an awkward and time consuming situation where they have to now go talk to someone and see if the owner is willing to drop their pants for you.

The culture we have is entitled consumers, and the only one who thinks it's fun is you. Everyone in that store talks **** about you after you leave, and they probably hide out back when they see you coming in.

What's a safety

Op dealers are people too

And for whatever reason some people like fn

So they are going to push you towards what they like.

If i owned a shop id have stuffed a sig macro in your hand and told you you need a light and an optic

Just preference

Also...safeties are gay
All dealers must conform to NES shopper experience expectations at all times.

JK. The biggest dick I ever ran into was this mustache molester looking guy up at the old glory gun shop in the old location. Naturally I made a voodoo doll of him and soaked it in tar then burned it

I ask why do you feel compelled to do it? Do you try to haggle at Walmart? Do you do it at McDonalds? Why is that it's only ever done at small independent businesses?

I have a couple of issues with it. One is that the store owner has already shown you his price. If that's not good enough for you then be a man and make an offer or walk. By asking what their best price is you're being a pussy and begging for a discount instead of manning up and actually negotiating. The other problem I have with it is that a lot of the time you're just putting an employee who's probably working for minimum wage and an employee discount in an awkward and time consuming situation where they have to now go talk to someone and see if the owner is willing to drop their pants for you.

The culture we have is entitled consumers, and the only one who thinks it's fun is you. Everyone in that store talks **** about you after you leave, and they probably hide out back when they see you coming in.
That's some very sloppy thinking :) But I can see why you feel the way you do.

Back
Top Bottom