• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nigeria - Two bomb attacks in 24 hours

ChevyGuy91

NES Member
If a massive media response like they had in France isn't there, then it's clearly racism on the part of the media. [sarcasm]

The two bombers, who Katsina said were females ages 11 and 18, blew themselves up at about 4 p.m. local time, during the peak of trading, he said. A minivan carrying four other children believed to be suicide bombers dropped the girls off, he said.

F'in cowards who force children to do their work for them. Go ahead and earn your 72 virgins yourself, you spineless crapsack.

Likely the US drone strikes we've been running in Nigeria fueling the terrorists recruitment efforts there

6 of one half dozen of the other but I thought boko harem was more in line with the genocidal ethnic cleansing regimes that fight for power in Africa. Not the spiritually motivated groups that fight in the middle east. But I'm not that up on my terrorists groups flash cards so what do I know.

Nobody cares. Because Africa. If it's not Western Europe, the US, Canada, or Australia maybe, it's just but a blip on the radar.

Seriously. This is the world we live in. Kill thousands in the Middle East this month and nobody bats an eye. A hundred killed in France and everybody goes crazy. Some lives are worth more than others. That is proven every day on this forum.

I figure it was either a militant islamic group or someone that was looking for that Prince that offered to transfer a million bucks into their bank account and give them a 20% cut...

-Mike

Nobody cares. Because Africa. If it's not Western Europe, the US, Canada, or Australia maybe, it's just but a blip on the radar.

Seriously. This is the world we live in. Kill thousands in the Middle East this month and nobody bats an eye. A hundred killed in France and everybody goes crazy. Some lives are worth more than others. That is proven every day on this forum.

That's why I always use the Bupko Foreign Death Conversion Chart:

http://www.bigmattress.com/images/FOR_CON.mp3

The boko haram problem was easy to fix... until the cops abused their power and killed their leader. Then they rioted and revolted. Their new leader is a sociopath who is a true believer. But before they were a peaceful group who just wanted wage equality in a place with oil and a greedy president.

unfortunately... yeah. just like with AIDS, hunger, and ebola. people just DGAF about africa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not just on this forum. It's proven every day by the media as well. Particularly given the age of the two bombers, I'd expect this to be front page news everywhere. Instead, scanning through some of the biggest media sources (CNN and Fox) as well as some local sources, I'm not finding anything about these attacks.

Not just on this forum. It's proven every day by the media as well. Particularly given the age of the two bombers, I'd expect this to be front page news everywhere. Instead, scanning through some of the biggest media sources (CNN and Fox) as well as some local sources, I'm not finding anything about these attacks.

There aren't exactly a lot of media outlets in africa, either.

Not to mention that continent routinely outdoes itself. After the rwandan genocide, a few bombings here or there is pretty much lost in the noise in that
place. (Rwandan genocide produced MOUNTAINS of corpses and like 100 people maybe outside paid attention) More people probably died in nigeria last month from malnourishment than terrorist bombs. The bar isn't exactly high. The media doesn't like covering that stuff because the average people are going to go "Oh some people died in africa today. This is news? Why would I possibly care?"

Also its human nature to pretty much ignore places or societies that most consider worthless. Nigeria produces pretty much nothing and like at least half of its GDP is from 419 scammers. If there was a list of "third world countries that people have no desire whatsoever to visit" Nigeria would be somewhere near the top of that list, even over other countries in Africa.

I'm not saying this is a "good" thing, but it is reality.

-Mike

I'm trying to find the thread on the Lebanon suicide bombing that killed 40+ and injured hundreds. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It happened like the day before Paris.

C5Mja5X.gif

i glitter with nigeria.

I'm trying to find the thread on the Lebanon suicide bombing that killed 40+ and injured hundreds. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It happened like the day before Paris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_in_Lebanon#Bourj_el-Barajneh

this one... i think.

might have been nuked or i'm not using the right search terms... can't find it.

You didn't find it because it doesn't exist. I bet until I mentioned it most people had no idea it even happened.

LOL no one cared about that event.

Yep. I'll be honest, I didn't know about the Nigeria bombings until this thread. The media doesn't report on this stuff.

Hell, the Russian plane that was taken out got far less coverage than many plane crashes!
Why would that be...

Back
Top Bottom