• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Storage Options For HD.4420 Passage

Storage facility theft is extremely rare. They have good security systems and lighting, and if you trigger an alarm they're set up so you can't escape easily.

I had to move all my guns to storage when I moved out of state. Didn't break any laws, just violated my storage lease.

Old storage had rules, no guns, solvents, oxidizers, food, ammo, explosives, anything with battery connected, no working on anything with tools on the property, don't use our dumpster. Access only from 8am to 6pm. New storage unit in KY only has one rule, no food. Open 24 hours.

A storage unit would be a great target for thousands of dollars in guns.

He wants them insured since they could be stolen.
1. You are being an idiot.

2. Good luck targeting the one random storage unit in a sea of hundreds of storage units and finding guns in there.

Store your guns wherever you want, just STFU about it and no one will know.

Here is a concept very few on NES get (by very few I mean like 7 people). If you don't want people to know something, dont talk about it. Crazy concept, I know.

Last edited:
I don't get it.

A thread warning people of HD4420 gets locked, because "😭😭OMG😭😭, we have another thread".

But all the sh*t threads about burrying guns and hiding them in storage units if the bill passes remain open.

I rarely take a shot at NES, but I see where mod priorities are. Keep junk open, lock useful stuff.

Yes, I like big font. Deal with it.

1. You are being an idiot.

2. Good luck targeting the one random storage unit in a sea of hundreds of storage units and finding guns in there.

Store your guns wherever you want, just STFU about it and no one will know.

Here is a concept very few on NES get (by very few I mean like 7 people). If you don't want people to know something, dont tall about it. Crazy concept, I know.
It’s probably the storage unit with all the Sig and Punisher stickers that a guy moved a safe into tho.

I don't get it.

A thread warning people of HD4420.
But this sh*t threads remain open.

I rarely take a shot at NES, but I see where mod priorities are. Keep junk open, lock useful stuff.

Which was the thread that got locked? Also 10 pant shitting threads don't really help although this one, admittedly is only .002% less dumber than those, so you have a point

Which was the thread that got locked? Also 10 pant shitting threads don't really help although this one, admittedly is only .002% less dumber than those, so you have a point
I forge the link. But it wasn't pant sh*tting. It was a thread warning people of the bill, with a link. A good thread.

But it got locked bexuase we have thar massive thread with information spread over thousands of posts where no one can read it. Great idea.

Sometimes peoples priorities are f*cked. This is a good example.

I forge the link. But it wasn't pant sh*tting. It was a thread warning people of the bill, with a link. A good thread.

But it got locked bexuase we have thar massive thread with information spread over thousands of posts where no one can read it. Great idea.

Sometimes peoples priorities are f*cked. This is a good example.

Does the existing predominant thread still have the same info in first x posts? If you're talking about the spray/noise ratio, that's a whole other thing.

There's a guy in Quincy who runs a snap-on truck and keeps his inventory in a storage locker. Probably a better target than a safe with an unknown number of guns.

What legal right(s) do MA law enforcement and courts have if hypothetically they were to come to your house to "confiscate" firearms and you stored them "elsewhere"? This isn't just about storage lockers, but could also be a 2nd home, rental, etc in another state. I guess what I am wondering is if you store your firearms in another state, what recourse does MA law enforcement/courts have? Other than the requisite yank-your-MA-LTC-for-suitability if you tell them to pound sand, what could/will happen?

I guess this would/could also apply in the case of a restraining order or some such where they come to confiscate...

What legal right(s) do MA law enforcement and courts have if hypothetically they were to come to your house to "confiscate" firearms and you stored them "elsewhere"? This isn't just about storage lockers, but could also be a 2nd home, rental, etc in another state. I guess what I am wondering is if you store your firearms in another state, what recourse does MA law enforcement/courts have? Other than the requisite yank-your-MA-LTC-for-suitability if you tell them to pound sand, what could/will happen?

I guess this would/could also apply in the case of a restraining order or some such where they come to confiscate...
Out of state they would have to obtain a local warrant. Depends on the circumstances. If it's something that violates mutual laws in remote states (eg, like felon in posession, someone under felony indictment, etc) then local warrants can be easily obtained.

DV ROs are always "orbital" and every state reciprocates on that shit. We had a dude here who's ex-wife lived in Mass and she made some kind of bogus Claim about him threatening her or something so she filed an RO against him even though he lived in New Hampshire, and the local NH cops came by to scoop his guns up......

strip the lowers, get a safe deposit box.

get a "pod" put a safe or three in the pod, add your dildo collection and your collection of Abba on vinyl, then send the pod away to wherever they store those things, cops come knocking, tell them to get bent

As far as firearm specific storage places there are 1 or 2 in southern NH. They are expensive and small. Basically $20 - $30 a month for a locker that will hold a pistol or 2 or maybe a long gun. Check out Granite State Indoor. They have monthly locker rentals. There is also a place in Manchester that has them but I can't remember the name.
Manchester Firing Line. But it's expensive. I looked at it when I was renting a room in a house. Nope. Over time, it would have cost more than the guns.

Asking for a friend who is not a Green member...

I know a guy with a large gun collection.

All to become illegal after 420.

He wants to store everything up in NH.

He has 2 options:

1. Storage Unit + purchase gun insurance from Eastern Insurance.

2. Rent a friend's closet in a home + purchase gun insurance from Eastern Insurance.

Each option runs $80 per month rent + $300 per year for insurance.

What should he do?
I've been taking in stray assault weapons for you Mass inmates since I moved up here. I'm up to two or three thousand rifles and three safes filled with Glocks and similar pistols. It's interesting meeting the NESers coming and going.

OP spelled out the insurance situation.
I'm sure he knows about what storage rentals limit storage of.

The closet is climate controlled the storage unit is not.

Those of you planning to bury them in drums in your backyard, where do you buy gallons of cosmoline? Also what is the best preservative to dunk them all in? Froglube? Also, how will you know when it's GO TIME to dig them up?

Back
Top Bottom