• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Storage Options For HD.4420 Passage

Reptile

NES Member
Asking for a friend who is not a Green member...

I know a guy with a large gun collection.

All to become illegal after 420.

He wants to store everything up in NH.

He has 2 options:

1. Storage Unit + purchase gun insurance from Eastern Insurance.

2. Rent a friend's closet in a home + purchase gun insurance from Eastern Insurance.

Each option runs $80 per month rent + $300 per year for insurance.

What should he do?

Smart people don't talk about contingency storage in public, its an integral part of wearing big kid pants.
That's why he's asking me to ask for him.

No matter what he wants insurance.

Do you need a formal rental agreement to rent a closet?

Could one of out legal eagles hash out a legal document?

My friend should just buy some appropriate shovels and start digging.

That what I would do.

That's why he's asking me to ask for him.

My friend should just buy some appropriate shovels and start digging.

That what I would do.

This is not an "insurance and formal agreements kind of operation" most of those storage facilities ban guns anyways so you have to run under the wire if you're doing that. But yet tons of people store their s*** that way temporarily with no problem because they're not retarded about how they do it and don't ask for permission. Your friend needs to sack up, the people that tend to make things like this excessively complicated are usually the first people who will talk themselves into a jail cell over something stupid.

This is not an "insurance and formal agreements kind of operation" most of those storage facilities ban guns anyways so you have to run under the wire if you're doing that. But yet tons of people store their s*** that way temporarily with no problem because they're not retarded about how they do it and don't ask for permission. Your friend needs to sack up, the people that tend to make things like this excessively complicated are usually the first people who will talk themselves into a jail cell over something stupid.
A storage unit would be a great target for thousands of dollars in guns.

He wants them insured since they could be stolen.

A storage unit would be a great target for thousands of dollars in guns.

He wants them insured since they could be stolen.
Well that's cute but it's not realistic. At some level or another you perform risk mitigation but control the risk. If he cares that much there's nothing stopping him from finding an industrial or office suite somewhere and throwing some gun safes in it and then doing the same thing but probably much more likely to get insurance as a tenant.

There are literally dozens of ways of solving this problem but your friend is obviously too lazy to use a telephone or a computer. 🤣

Well that's cute but it's not realistic. At some level or another you perform risk mitigation but control the risk. If he cares that much there's nothing stopping him from finding an industrial or office suite somewhere and throwing some gun safes in it and then doing the same thing but probably much more likely to get insurance as a tenant.

There are literally dozens of ways of solving this problem but your friend is obviously too lazy to use a telephone or a computer. 🤣
Can you suggest a FFL in NH with space to store his guns?

Can you suggest a FFL in NH with space to store his guns?
No established retail FFL is going to do that. Their floor/secured storage is worth more to them than most are willing to pay. Or it's not common outside of pay ranges. Some pay ranges have rental lockers but those are going to be tiny. Even if they did do it it would have to be a well-established business for me to even consider it because then you would be up against the wall if the place ever shut down. I've known enough people who had guns they bought that got stuck at a dealer because (insert weird reason here).

So, if your friend rents a closet, the guns get stolen, who does he go to for insurance?

If he is paying rent, is the homeowner declaring rent? If not is this a problem for the friend? This is inviting 'the man' in. The closet owner's insurance isn't going to cover your friends' guns.

Once you go past a handshake and their favorite beverage; paperwork which will never be good enough would be never-ending. If the guns are stolen your friend is not ever going to be satisfied with the outcome.

Best of luck to all NES members and Ma**h***s, alike. Matt

Buy a derelict septic pumping truck with a broken pump on it. Cut the back of the shit tank open and put concealed hinges/locks on it. Rent a parking spot somewhere safe and remove the battery. Make sure not to clean off the shit resudue so the truck always has a little musk going on. Nobody will ever touch it. 🤣 flies maybe.

Hey weird problems require innovative solutions.

nsfw

View: https://youtu.be/79MsvrLCds8

Buy a derelict septic pumping truck with a broken pump on it. Cut the back of the shit tank open and put concealed hinges/locks on it. Rent a parking spot somewhere safe and remove the battery. Make sure not to clean off the shit resudue so the truck always has a little musk going on. Nobody will ever touch it. 🤣 flies maybe.

nsfw

We don't know if reptile has already done that. I wonder where he hides the ruckus.

nsfw

I want to buy a used armored truck and convert it into a portable gun room, put a hitch on it and tow my home (trailer) with it. I kinda miss my guns when I am away from home so I'll solve that problem too.

FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD PUT DOWN THE BONG AND CORRECT THE THREAD TITLE!

*Before thread title was corrected it was, "NH Storage Options For 420 Passage"

chris-farley-shout.gif

Last edited:
My research has shown that no one allows firearms to be stored in the lockers. No one allows ammo to be stored because it is combustable.

If you are relying on a homeowners policy or the insurance you buy from the storage facility they will most likely not pay. You would have willfully broken the storage agreement and the insurance company will use that to deny the claim or at least I believe they would. On specific firearm insurance policy I would check the fine print on make sure they wouldn't do the same thing.

As far as firearm specific storage places there are 1 or 2 in southern NH. They are expensive and small. Basically $20 - $30 a month for a locker that will hold a pistol or 2 or maybe a long gun. Check out Granite State Indoor. They have monthly locker rentals. There is also a place in Manchester that has them but I can't remember the name.

30 minutes with Google and you would have found the same information. The only thing I had to do in a couple of cases was request the actual terms of storage and what is/is not allowed. That is in general not on the storage places websites.

Even if it wasn't banned by the rental agreement, I'd want a storage unit with electricity so I could have golden rods in the gun safes. I've never seen an outdoor unit with power.

My research has shown that no one allows firearms to be stored in the lockers. No one allows ammo to be stored because it is combustable.

If you are relying on a homeowners policy or the insurance you buy from the storage facility they will most likely not pay. You would have willfully broken the storage agreement and the insurance company will use that to deny the claim or at least I believe they would. On specific firearm insurance policy I would check the fine print on make sure they wouldn't do the same thing.

As far as firearm specific storage places there are 1 or 2 in southern NH. They are expensive and small. Basically $20 - $30 a month for a locker that will hold a pistol or 2 or maybe a long gun. Check out Granite State Indoor. They have monthly locker rentals. There is also a place in Manchester that has them but I can't remember the name.

30 minutes with Google and you would have found the same information. The only thing I had to do in a couple of cases was request the actual terms of storage and what is/is not allowed. That is in general not on the storage places websites.
You’re doing it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom