• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH resident bringing Ammo into MA?

Have a friend coming down from NH, he has a case of 7.62x39 for me. He does not have a MA Non-Resident Permit. Is it legal for him to bring it down, or do I need to pick it up? He is a good friend and I do not want him getting into trouble if he gets pulled over. Thanks guys.

MGL C 140 S 129C allows non-residents to travel in or through MA with ammunition.

Are you sure? I thought when I moved to NH everyone warned me to ensure if I come down to MA and don't have a non-ressie to ensure that I don't even have a single piece of brass or a primer (or any other components) in my car. (I haven't read the MGL yet).

Reading over the MGL, yeah it seems I can.... strange. Gotta live this: [There is no clause (q).]

Last edited:
So then even though MA requires a pin number to track ammo purchases and the AG sues out-of-state mail order ammo dealers, it must be legal for a MA resident with a LTC to important ammo for person use that they buy in other states, like NH, right?

So then even though MA requires a pin number to track ammo purchases and the AG sues out-of-state mail order ammo dealers, it must be legal for a MA resident with a LTC to important ammo for person use that they buy in other states, like NH, right?
MA doesn't require a PIN for ammo purchase or tracking(?). It requires that the purchaser who has to be a resident, possess an FID or LTC.
If I'm understanding what you wrote, yes you as a MA resident can purchase ammo out of state and bring it back to MA if you are licensed.

Back
Top Bottom