NH Non-resident wait

Hope everyone is well!

does anyone have any recent experience with NH Non Res license? Last time I applied it was years ago and I the license in the mail in less than a week. I applied a few weeks ago and have not heard anything and my check has not been cashed.

I am aware that I do not need the license, but I want it just the same.

thank you in advance, stay safe!

Michael

I'd suggest calling them (one time) and ask what is up. Usually they will come up with some excuse like the plastic card blanks are backordered.
Ok. Ill give it some more time before calling, I had expedited it to be less of a wait as its not required anymore and thought less people would be applying.

Thanks!

Back in 2015 I freaked out when my initial non-res P&RL
arrived very quickly in the mail,
but The Bride's was nowhere to be found.

I wondered if I'd married an FPP.

I called the nice ladies at the NHSP Permits and License Unit,
and they said that her card had arrived from the printer's smudged,
so they were waiting for a clean reprint to arrive, to forward to her.

I'd suggest calling them (one time) and ask what is up. Usually they will come up with some excuse like the plastic card blanks are backordered.
After some thought I decided to call in the late afternoon just to confirm receipt of my application and check. No answer but left voicemail with phone number and other info as instructed.. waiting.

I have both Maine and New Hampshire. For New Hampshire it covered me in PA until PA decided to only honor NH permits for NH residents, but it is not expensive and you never know when the laws will change so I will renew it. I got a Maine permit because the law says if you have any interaction with a police officer and you dont have a permit you need to inform the officer you are carrying, with a permit you don’t. Also there are a few more areas in Maine you can carry if you have a permit. Again not expensive and easy to get. It’s the MA non resident that gets me, $100 every year and it’s a yearly renewal, but I do have a non restricted MA permit so I dont want to give it up as I frequently travelin MA.

I have both Maine and New Hampshire. For New Hampshire it covered me in PA until PA decided to only honor NH permits for NH residents, but it is not expensive and you never know when the laws will change so I will renew it. I got a Maine permit because the law says if you have any interaction with a police officer and you dont have a permit you need to inform the officer you are carrying, with a permit you don’t. Also there are a few more areas in Maine you can carry if you have a permit. Again not expensive and easy to get. It’s the MA non resident that gets me, $100 every year and it’s a yearly renewal, but I do have a non restricted MA permit so I dont want to give it up as I frequently travelin MA.
Im in Mass, I let everything expire and lapse. I had Mass LTC-A unrestricted, NH, Maine and Florida. I was also NRA and Mass State police Certified instructor and also NRA certified range safety officer.

Im working on getting everything current again and maybe adding Utah.

Back
Top Bottom