NH non resident CCW

FLHTC

NES Member
I have my renewal application made out along with a check for $100. I have heard some rumors that NH may pass a bill that will allow CCW, if this is true I sure would like to save that $100. Can anyone shed light on this?

that bill went down in flames, write the check, it is going to be a while before it comes back up for air.

CLEO's fought a "castle doctrine" tooth and nail, I don't think they are going to let constitutional carry pass anytime soon

that bill went down in flames, write the check, it is going to be a while before it comes back up for air.

CLEO's fought a "castle doctrine" tooth and nail, I don't think they are going to let constitutional carry pass anytime soon

What killed constitutional carry in NH had nothing to do with some feckless CLEO org, and had everything to do with the intermeddling of the NRA leading to derailment of potentially viable legislation on the issue. Basically the less dangerous option was to keep it off the table, unfortunately. . All NH firearms lobbying groups would do well to "divorce" the NRA on this issue, 110%.

-Mike

There was a version of the bill that got put before the Senate that all 4 groups agreed on. But it needed a rules override to get in at that point and one senator held it up.

Point is -- that version is now the most likely thing to pass, and it would have provided general const. carry for residents and non-residents alike. Con carry for res but not for non-res would present a privileges and immunities (Article IV, section 2) problem anyhow that the legislature doesn't want. We are likely to have it this coming year assuming the groups can use that - agreed upon - language as one bill, and put all their 'dream world' language in other ones.

Meanwhile, get your non-res. You'll be waiting a good year otherwise.

What killed constitutional carry in NH had nothing to do with some feckless CLEO org, and had everything to do with the intermeddling of the NRA leading to derailment of potentially viable legislation on the issue. Basically the less dangerous option was to keep it off the table, unfortunately. . All NH firearms lobbying groups would do well to "divorce" the NRA on this issue, 110%.

-Mike

as usual you are correct, but the next time this pops up expect the LEO's to oppose it, just my opinion based on the recent over ride debate

Back
Top Bottom