NH Moose Permits

With the deadline passing on the 28th at midnight I just wanted to wish anyone who put in for a moose permit the best of luck. I will be anxious to hear the results on June 18th!
The odds should be fairly good this year.

Good luck to you. I have been putting in for NH and Maine forever with no luck. My employer drew the NH permit in 2003 and the Maine permit in 2004. How's that for non-res luck? Son Lance's wife in Fitzwilliam, NH drew a permit in 2007. Not being a hunter, but a good sport, she took the course, got licensed and they took a good sized bull right behind the house on opening day. Both my other sons have shot moose also in Maine and AK. Do you suppose that my turn will ever come? Jack.

Good luck to you. I have been putting in for NH and Maine forever with no luck. My employer drew the NH permit in 2003 and the Maine permit in 2004. How's that for non-res luck? Son Lance's wife in Fitzwilliam, NH drew a permit in 2007. Not being a hunter, but a good sport, she took the course, got licensed and they took a good sized bull right behind the house on opening day. Both my other sons have shot moose also in Maine and AK. Do you suppose that my turn will ever come? Jack.

Jack,
Hang in there. Your turn is bound to come up. I'm with you on that. At 2-1 odds I still have a hard time getting drawn. I've been out of the loop for a few years for various reasons but I'm keeping my fingers xed.

dhuze said:
Thanks for the reminder. I just checked on my Colorado Mule deer license. I got a succesful draw. Woohoo!

Congrats! Good luck. I've never had the opportunity to shoot a mule deer and hope to do it someday.

Not to hijack the post AKman here is last years hunt with my brother and nephew. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...nting-trip-(My-nephews-deer-added)?highlight=

Very nice mulies! Looked like a very successful hunt. I kept hoping my son and DIL would get stationed back out in WY so I could set up a mule deer and elk hunt. My DIL is from Cheyenne so he'll go back there sooner or later. When he does I'll be there.

I never shot a moose when I was in AK so I'll give it a try here. Moose hunting in AK is a bitch. I had plenty of chances to shoot them but quite honestly I was either too far out to down one or there were too many bears. It was not uncommon to see 20 or more brown bears a day on the Penninsula so I never could have got one out in time before they took it.

Back
Top Bottom