• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH man's lawsuit claims SIG Sauer pistol fired without trigger pull

Not trying to be a pain but is there any chance he could of missed the recall notice? I don’t have a 320 but I have other Sig pistols and rifles and train at the academy a few times a year. I kinda was aware of the recall but like I said I don’t own a 320 and paid no attention to it. How did Sig get the word out? Did they send letters to everyone who purchased it, like a vehicle? I’m asking, not trying to be sarcastic?👍🏻
Must be the warranty card. I received an email about it March 15.

I know we had a thread on this when the PA police stopped carrying one over an "accidental" discharge. I believe it was an ND that was swept under the rug by the lawsuits. I can't find the thread or reports on that 'accident'.

Cover her head and the upper part of her chest and she looks like that skinny 55yo guy at the factory that drinks too much beer.

Sorry to ruin it for you. ROFL!!!

Although her wife-beater is FAR cleaner than his will ever be. ;)

Does the plaintiff also drive a mid 80's Audi that accellerates on its own too?

<facepalm>

I remember that shit. Our friends/neighbors had one and we kids were scared to death to walk between it and the garage as it sat parked (and off) in the driveway minding its own business.

Does shooting one's self in the leg itself qualify as "substantial firearms experience"? I've been around guns for much of my life but even I haven't experienced that.

There was a picture floating around a few years back of one of those leather holsters folding over and getting hung up around the trigger/ trigger guard.
leather-holster-ad-nd-1.jpg

I keep a chopstick in my glove compartment. Be Prepared.
negligent-discharge.jpg

The guns fired when dropped, nothing to do with the issue in this case.
Remember right after the war when bring-home trophy guns
were advertised for sale: "dropped once/never fired"?

20200709_160519.jpg 20200709_160527.jpg

From the description in the brief it probably is this holster, which Sig included these with the P320s, Circa 2015 or so ...I doubt much changed in a year whenever he bought it... (i got both of mine back around 2015, early 2016, one of my guns has the fat slide lock, the other the more narrow one.

Of course this is all assumes that he's not lying I'm still trying to figure out how he blew the holster apart with the gun still in the holster... the muzzle end of the holster is completely unobstructed.. if I could use gnomish mysticism to make one of my P320's fire while it was in this holster, I think the worst that would happen is the slide would stay closed and the bullet would exit the bottom of the holster....

Thank dog for kydex

I like Kydex too (to the point of being pretty retarded about it, lmao) but it is worth mentioning that the Galco JAK in question likely should have been retired a long ass time ago before that guy shot himself in the ass with it... thats a pretty flabby holster to cause something like that. It's also likely part of the reason why high quality leather holster makers, usually reinforce the mouth with another piece of leather so it won't collapse.

I like Kydex too (to the point of being pretty retarded about it, lmao) but it is worth mentioning that the Galco JAK in question likely should have been retired a long ass time ago before that guy shot himself in the ass with it... thats a pretty flabby holster to cause something like that. It's also likely part of the reason why high quality leather holster makers, usually reinforce the mouth with another piece of leather so it won't collapse.

Yea.....kydex is magic

Another couple years and that leather would be too mushy to exceed the 4-5# of resistance the trigger offers and then it wouldnt be an issue.....right?

:rolleyes:

My Milt Sparks VMII will never do that. They put a piece of metal between the two pieces of leather to ensure that the mouth won't collapse.

leather-holster-ad-nd-1.jpg

I keep a chopstick in my glove compartment. Be Prepared.
negligent-discharge.jpg

Remember right after the war when bring-home trophy guns
were advertised for sale: "dropped once/never fired"?

I am amazed that people will carry a gun because they might need it for self defense. They will spend, $500, $600 or more on a carry gun and then, use a low cost, low quality holster to carry a vital piece of life safety equipment. But from what I have read, the holster was not the problem with the Sig 320, it was the something else. Those lawyers wrote one damning complaint. I will be interested to read Sigs reply brief.

If a shirt/piece of clothing got in the holster, I can see it "going off" when removing the holster. It could definitely get in the trigger guard and pull the trigger as you removed the holster. Other than that, I seriously doubt that a modern quality gun would just "go off" without some kind of intervention on the trigger.

Exactly what I was thinking. Shirt or some other article of loose clothing stuffed into holster when holstering the gun. Remove holster, thereby pulling end of clothing out from between holster and trigger, catches trigger.

Anyone remember this guy?

4D5FFD5400000578-5857159-The_bullet_penetrated_the_victim_s_groin_in_a_through_and_throug-a-2_1529350407619.jpg
4D5FFDF800000578-5857159-image-m-30_1529348105804.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking. Shirt or some other article of loose clothing stuffed into holster when holstering the gun. Remove holster, thereby pulling end of clothing out from between holster and trigger, catches trigger.

Anyone remember this guy?

4D5FFD5400000578-5857159-The_bullet_penetrated_the_victim_s_groin_in_a_through_and_throug-a-2_1529350407619.jpg
4D5FFDF800000578-5857159-image-m-30_1529348105804.jpg
Yes, but never heard the conclusion to that case. I know the guy was running a gcode incog, but that's all I could find. The silence on that incident is deafening.

Yes, but never heard the conclusion to that case. I know the guy was running a gcode incog, but that's all I could find. The silence on that incident is deafening.

Just conjecture but my guess would be article of clothing stuck inside the holster. Somewhat similar to the case for this thread. That incog looks like it is relatively open and seems to me to present a greater chance of catching clothes than would a close fitting leather holster. RMR cut version especially so.

INCOG1_540x549.jpg
INCOG4_540x482.jpg

If I were Sig's lawyer I would lock and load the gun, put it in the same holster and then put it on the exhibit table in the court room. Then I'd tell the judge that if the gun goes off anytime in the next ten years we'll p,ead guilty and pay whatever you ask. But if it doesn't go off the clumsy dude who shot himself has to do 10 years.

"I grew up in a family of hunters. My dad and grandfather and uncles went deer hunting every year."

My foithah's a mechanic, my tree bruddahs are mechanics. My uncles are mechanics. Two uncles on my muddahs side are mechanics. . . .

Is the guy's last name Vito?

The kopsch said it "fired in the holster" but that doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot. There could still be some tomfoolery going on here.

ETA: I would love to see the holster itself though, I bet there's an 80% chance its a hybrid or something ghetto class.

Sticky holster

Back
Top Bottom