NH handgun license - where do you keep it?

its rather big piece of paper, cannot be laminated... how do you carry it gents? folded?

Last edited:
I'm looking for the reference but I do not believe you need to carry it.

I've heard posted here several times that you do not need to carry.

However, my former roommate had an interaction with a trooper and that trooper said it had to be carried on your person.

I'm looking for the reference but I do not believe you need to carry it.

EDIT: I'm not gonna find a reference because it doesn't exist. You don't need to carry it on your person, but go about confirming that with a lawyer, because this advice is only worth what you paid for it. [wink]

The NH non-resident permit is credit card sized and plastic. Are the resident ones annoyingly large?

Mine is a NR, but what I'd probably do would be to photo-reduce and laminate it so it fit in my wallet. That is what I did with my PA license which is similar to what is described here.

Mine is a NR, but what I'd probably do would be to photo-reduce and laminate it so it fit in my wallet. That is what I did with my PA license which is similar to what is described here.

I got yelled at for laminating my temporary license in the hopes of it lasting until they sent my regular one. I don't expect it to be much different for the PRL

I got yelled at for laminating my temporary license in the hopes of it lasting until they sent my regular one. I don't expect it to be much different for the PRL

temporary? you mean that at some point I need to get a permanent one?

I photo reduced and laminate. Not for carrying in NH because there is no law requiring it, but for reciprocity elsewhere to prove I have it.

I've heard posted here several times that you do not need to carry.

However, my former roommate had an interaction with a trooper and that trooper said it had to be carried on your person.

This is the problem, even if the law doesn't demand it all it takes is one douche cop to waste a whole bunch of your time. Then again, the odds of ever needing to show it to anyone in NH are between slim and none.

-Mike

Mine's in the glove box of my truck per recommendation of Brookline PD. They said it's too flimsy to carry around. They asked to have it nearby otherwise the police officer has to call Brookline...after hours it might be harder to get in touch with someone.

I don't think he means a statutory prohibition. I think he means it would be inconvenient to laminate it. It would be like carrying around a laminated 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper. What do you do with it once it's laminated.

When I suggested laminating it, I stated photo-reduce to cc size and then laminate that.

Keep it in your wallet. If it breaks apart, who cares?

Well, I'd like to be able to produce the original paper, one way or another.

But honestly, I don't think the paper is particularly significant. Nothing like a MA LTC.

Waiting for my NH NR to arrive. Glad to hear its credit card sized. Do NRs need to have it on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom