NH ACTION ALERT: HB1589 ***DEFEATED***

What was the strategy behind Butler motioning for a table? And also, why did the table fail but the ITL succeed by such a wide margin? It doesn't add up for me.

What was the strategy behind Butler motioning for a table? And also, why did the table fail but the ITL succeed by such a wide margin? It doesn't add up for me.

Tabling a bill allows them to bring it back up later in the season

ITL kills the bill.

The fact that no one wanted to table it shows what a hot potato it was

Tabling a bill allows them to bring it back up later in the season

ITL kills the bill.

The fact that no one wanted to table it shows what a hot potato it was

This... even though most tabled bills die anyways, it's a good sign that nobody wanted to deal with this. Hopefully the "preventative medicant" here is that it sends a message that bills of this nature will not be tolerated, and even moonbats will reject ideas from foreign interlopers.

-Mike

Shows that, at least in New Hampshire, the soap box and the ballot box still work.

Not discounting the effectiveness of email/phone/post, just celebrating the 2-1 margin of victory in the Democrat-controlled house.
Now are the locals going to tell us - see I told you it would fail?? Was it because of all the emails/phone calls/letters or are we just sensitive coming from other states. [laugh]
Yes, you are just sensitive coming from other states. All us "locals" don't appreciate chicken-little insults from south of the border every time some moonbat transplant proposes a bad bill (Feel free to insult NH after a bad bill makes it past one real vote, not counting the committee voted rigged by Shurtleff).

This was a bad bill, and NH killed it 2-1 with extreme prejudice. All that remains is to update our list of representatives who failed to represent New Hampshire values, start campaigning for suitable opposition candidates, remove the moonbat and all her friends from office.

I’m still waiting for the final roll call to be published.

The first two were posted right quick. Apparently, they will take their sweet time posting the final Roll.

Thanks for the link strangenh
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bil...&txtsessionyear=2014&txtbillnumber=hb1589&q=1

I don't think there is a final roll call to be published. Looking at the voting records Vote 66 was on HB1486. Vote 67 was to adopt the committee recommended version (I *think*) for 1589. Vote 68 was was to adopt the floor motion for amendment (the modification to make the bill about a study). Vote 69 was on HB1255.

I don't think there is a final roll call to be published. Looking at the voting records Vote 66 was on HB1486. Vote 67 was to adopt the committee recommended version (I *think*) for 1589. Vote 68 was was to adopt the floor motion for amendment (the modification to make the bill about a study). Vote 69 was on HB1255.

If I recall correctly, they chose not to make the last vote a roll call - just kept it a secret vote...

That's OK - we have plenty of targets to go after.

How about getting the right to run a recall election enabled in NH?? That way no politician will think they're 'safe'...

Worked in Colorado. I just saw this thread, that is crazy. Not in NH, say it ain't so.

edit: glad the bill was killed but y'all still have some house cleaning to do. Now giddyap!

Last edited:
We should definitely try to organize to promote opposing candidates for each of the bill's sponsors plus Shurleff while we're at it.

Also, had to laugh:

WMUR BREAKING NEWS: Olympic women's snowboard halfpipe wraps up

Thanks WMUR. How's about covering some real news for once like an anti-gun rights bill was soundly defeated in a Democrat controlled House?

We should definitely try to organize to promote opposing candidates for each of the bill's sponsors plus Shurleff while we're at it.

Also, had to laugh:

Thanks WMUR. How's about covering some real news for once like an anti-gun rights bill was soundly defeated in a Democrat controlled House?

Guess it's not news worthy when common sense prevails...

From E.Elaine Andrews-Ahearns .gov bio (maybe written in 2006?)

"This is my Freshman year as a Member of the House of Representatives and I enjoy it tremendously. There is so much to learn, and it is such a wonderful opportunity to work with so many bright, talented and dedicated people."

Lets hope its her senior year too.

Also, had to laugh:

Their coverage is here:

http://www.wmur.com/news/politics/n...d-background-checks-in-gun-purchases/24432512

Add Chris Muns to the list of "friends":

But Rep. Chris Muns, D-Hampton, said lawmakers owe it to citizens to prevent guns from falling into the wrong hands.

"This sends a message to the state and the country that New Hampshire not only respects the rights of law abiding citizens to own a firearm, but that we take seriously the responsibility that comes along with it," said Muns.

We still have SB244 to kill... the WMUR report ends with reference to THAT bright idea (enthusiastically supported by PGNH, too, so you know gun owners love it).

"The House did the correct thing today and killed a "Radical Piece of Gun Control Legislation", drafted by out of state interests, funded by Bloomberg, and pushed by a small minority of NH citizens. 242/118 was a clear statement that NH should stay the safe place that it is and we should NOT adopt the failed gun registration policies of NY, MA, CT or IL."
Rep. Hoell

Please see the email from NHFC:
-Design

Dear NHFC Members and Supporters,

We did it!!! I am happy to report, that earlier today, after several votes in the New Hampshire House of Representatives, HB 1589 (as amended) was voted "inexpedient to legislate" (ITL) by a division vote of 242-118.

There were some nail biting moments when the committee amendment to make "sell a gun to a friend go to jail" (HB 1589) "less anti gun" passed and then again when an amendment offered by pro-firearms advocate, Rep. JR Hoell to create a committee to study why New Hampshire is one of the safest lowest crime states to live in passed. However, ultimately, HB 1589 was properly voted ITL.

We could not have achieved this stunning victory without you, the grassroots gun owners.

You went up against well funded out of state interest groups who are determined to make New Hampshire as hostile to gun owners as New York or New Jersey. Even though our opponents are well funded, you, the law abiding, peaceable firearms owners are even more determined to keep your freedoms. New Hampshire is a beacon of freedom in the Northeast. Your phone calls, emails and letters were able to overcome some slick New York City based "community organizers".

We all deserve to take a moment to savor this hard-fought victory, but unfortunately our opponents never seem to tire. We must remain ever vigilant in defense of our cherished liberties. And so I hope that future NHFC legislative action alerts will receive both your attention and your participation.

We still need to stop SB 244, "see a shrink lose your guns". We are also watching several other bills and will alert you when needed.

Thanks for your support.

In Liberty,
Scott A. Krauss
Vice President - NHFC

P.S. I also want to thank all the NHFC members and supporters who forwarded us copies of emails from State Reps. That information was very helpful and we appreciate your efforts.

P.PS. The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is working tirelessly to keep gun owners like you up-to-date on as many gun issues as possible -- please consider contributing to the effort by chipping in $15 or $20.

See post 561 - the final vote was a division vote - no roll call will be available.

Not that it's hard to figure out who the people we need to throw out are... but I do not know how to get a nice list of 118 candidates for non-reelection.

See post 561 - the final vote was a division vote - no roll call will be available.

Not that it's hard to figure out who the people we need to throw out are... but I do not know how to get a nice list of 118 candidates for non-reelection.

Lets start with that little bridge troll norelli......

I for one, would like to see a roll call list with the names of 118 traitorous bastards who need to lose their jobs.

There is no roll call for that. That vote was not recorded. That is the reason so many reps voted itl. Since names were not recorded the dems felt they could vote to kill it without repercussions. I'll take that victory over keeping in in the system.

There is no roll call for that. That vote was not recorded. That is the reason so many reps voted itl. Since names were not recorded the dems felt they could vote to kill it without repercussions. I'll take that victory over keeping in in the system.

Agreed. And as I was saying earlier, we do not lack representatives to focus on in November... prune 25 or 30 Democrats out of the house to eliminate the Dem majority and the new Democratic minority will get the message about staying off the 2nd amendment. For a few more years, at least - they never quit for long.

a good day for all of you north of the border and i'm sure none of you need to be reminded they will be back to attack again

good job

We do have recall elections in NH. Within 14 months of any session in which a legislator pulls a fast one, the legislator is up for replacement.

We have 2-year terms here. It's ALL recall elections all the time. And folks in the state house are well served to remember that.

A recall election system would produce results and a new election just in time for the next regular election. Pointless. It is built in.

Live it, love it.

Back
Top Bottom