NFA Trust - Think Pink Law

I just had a NFA trust done by ThinkPink law (Julie Tolek), since I felt more comfortable using an attorney that a DIY trust (though those may be just fine, I didn't want to take any chances). The process was painless, and Julie is definitely "one of us".

Middlesex Savings Bank had no trouble opening up a no-charge business checking account for the trust. The key was showing them it was a revokeable trust (apparently an irrevokeable trust requires an 04 a/k/a EIN number rather than the signatory's social security number). I put two shooting buddies down as trustees in case I ever need to have someone else take possession of my NFA stuff. I'm starting off with an SBR, and will get a couple of cans if the suppressor bill passes.

That's great to hear. My someday to-do list includes talking to Julie about a trust as well. If the suppressor bill goes through I have suppressed 300BLK SBR in mind...... just because I can!

BTW, Julie also does mediation and divorce law.

How did you know?

Look familiar?
2caa568be8439d09283b3b8a60f7f921.jpg

Yeah, sure does look familiar. I would have preferred an uzi mag 9mmAR to the Glock, but the price was right on the JP, plus I really like their stuff.

Your photo reminds me that I have to figure out the glass for this toy.

I just had a NFA trust done by ThinkPink law (Julie Tolek), since I felt more comfortable using an attorney that a DIY trust (though those may be just fine, I didn't want to take any chances). The process was painless, and Julie is definitely "one of us".

Middlesex Savings Bank had no trouble opening up a no-charge business checking account for the trust. The key was showing them it was a revokeable trust (apparently an irrevokeable trust requires an 04 a/k/a EIN number rather than the signatory's social security number). I put two shooting buddies down as trustees in case I ever need to have someone else take possession of my NFA stuff. I'm starting off with an SBR, and will get a couple of cans if the suppressor bill passes.

Co-Trustee's or Successor Trustee's?

I really want to try JP's 9mm captured recoil system and compare it to the conventional system. Hard to tell if there is less moving mass or not from the pics but $400 is a bit steep to satisfy curiosity.

Good to see you have the trust together, have you filed the stamp paperwork yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer the questions:

- My shooting buddies are co-trustees, but the trust is set up so I get all the voting rights. I used a friend and his son, since I am planning on outliving the friend but not the son (whose middle name is Cooper thanks to a suggestion I gave his father). Details like this is why I used an attorney instead of a prefab mail order trust.

- I haven't done the tax stamp paperwork yet. My understanding is that i see Greg at GFA about the Form 4 once he gets the gun from JP.

- Where did you get $400 for the captured bolt carrier? It looks like the are in the $140 - $180 range. I guess I should have JP send me some samples so I can bring them out for you to try. I have this in one of my guns and the big difference is not getting the "twang" common with conventional systems.

$380 plus shipping for the bolt & buffer combo per the JP website.

If you can get the serial #, Greg may be able to start the paperwork but he would know better.

That's great to hear. My someday to-do list includes talking to Julie about a trust as well. If the suppressor bill goes through I have suppressed 300BLK SBR in mind...... just because I can!

BTW, Julie also does mediation and divorce law.

So, she does NFA Trusts and divorces? Somehow, I don't think those are unrelated facts.

congrats rob. glad to hear another member is helpful in the nfa respect. i also didn't want to do an online version so went with rock maple. get some stamp paperwork in and enjoy the fun!!!

and to you and big blue, who's jp. I'm sourcing a 9mm sbr build right now, any and all recommendations are welcome. cheers gents carry on

congrats rob. glad to hear another member is helpful in the nfa respect. i also didn't want to do an online version so went with rock maple. get some stamp paperwork in and enjoy the fun!!!

and to you and big blue, who's jp. I'm sourcing a 9mm sbr build right now, any and all recommendations are welcome. cheers gents carry on

JP is JP Enterprises.

I have two 9mm SBR's, and love them both. They run like sewing machines.

One is a Colt-compatible. Here's the important bits:

Aero Precision lower
PSA 9mm magwell adapter
7.5" Wilson barrel
UTG Pro Super Slim FF Handguard
Sprinta Precision Bolt
Spike's Tactical ST-9X 9mm heavy buffer
Standard Carbine spring
Magpul MOE SL-K stock
Metalform mags (lots of them)

My Glock-compatible:

Runner Runner Guns R9 lower
Kaw Valley Precision 8.5" barrel
Sprinta Precision Bolt
Spike's Tactical ST-9X 9mm heavy buffer
Standard Carbine spring
Magpul MOE SL-K stock
SGM Tactical GLOCK 9mm 33rd mags (lots of them)

I also have a suppressed upper for each, with a Kaw Valley Precision 4.5" barrel and AAC TiRant 9/Form 1 9mm can buried under 10.5" FF Rails.

I did similar, a gun buddy is a co-trustee, with me being the boss and Rockland Federal for an account. Recently got the account online, which was a little different for our trusts, also so I could more easily work it.

I wasn't ware anyone owned threads, so there is no thread jacking.

JP is a high end AR15 manufacturer (that also makes some very nice bolt guns as well), that also sells high end parts. With the exception of a Colt HBAR that was FA-10ed to me "temporarily" 24 years ago (the owner was going to send an FFL for me to arrange a transfer after he got settled in NJ), all of my ARs are JP.

JP also has a large LE customer base, which explains why his 9x19 EBR is based on the Glock magazine.

I wasn't ware anyone owned threads, so there is no thread jacking.

JP is a high end AR15 manufacturer (that also makes some very nice bolt guns as well), that also sells high end parts. With the exception of a Colt HBAR that was FA-10ed to me "temporarily" 24 years ago (the owner was going to send an FFL for me to arrange a transfer after he got settled in NJ), all of my ARs are JP.

JP also has a large LE customer base, which explains why his 9x19 EBR is based on the Glock magazine.

I was simply trying to be respectful Rob, nothing more. [smile]

BTW, http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/308370-9mm-AR-build

Back
Top Bottom