NFA Gunsmithing?

So I finally got the ball rolling on my first SBR (Trust is set up, form 1 paid and processing) but I have a question about having work done on NFA items. If I were interested in having an SBR professionally painted, am I limited in who I can have that done by, or is any FFL ok? I originally intended to have paper city firearms do the gun, but I'm not sure if they can work on NFA stuff. I had considered waiting to file the paperwork until after the lower was painted, but the paint is more of a "down the line" consideration.

Basically what I want to know is, who can or can't I leave my SBR with as far as gunsmiths, finishers, etc? I know I can't lend the gun to "regular" people not on my trust, I'm taking FFL holders here.

Looks like you have your answer. I am in southeast MA and may have a similar issue if I go sbr.

So I finally got the ball rolling on my first SBR (Trust is set up, form 1 paid and processing) but I have a question about having work done on NFA items. If I were interested in having an SBR professionally painted, am I limited in who I can have that done by, or is any FFL ok? I originally intended to have paper city firearms do the gun, but I'm not sure if they can work on NFA stuff. I had considered waiting to file the paperwork until after the lower was painted, but the paint is more of a "down the line" consideration.

Basically what I want to know is, who can or can't I leave my SBR with as far as gunsmiths, finishers, etc? I know I can't lend the gun to "regular" people not on my trust, I'm taking FFL holders here.

any ffl can handle repair/gunsmithing of NFA weapons

Back
Top Bottom