• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

News sources

I am so sick of irresponsible journalism. Near every news story involving something I have some knowledge about, I notice few facts thrown in with sensationalism, snappy graphics, "you heard it here first" and just plain 'ol poor reporting with little regard for accuracy. Anyone have an idea where to find a good source without religious, political slants, or entertainment programming dressed up like a news program? Mainstream Media just isn't working for me.

When you find one, let me know. I typically consult several news sources to get a wide variety of stories. News outlets only report stuff that supports their narratives.

I have been thinking the same thing lately. Searched around a bit, and BBC seems to do a pretty good job of stating the facts without much bias either way, and very little sensationalism, at least in the news section.

ferrell_anchorman.jpg

Right here on NES.com is where I get my news. No joke. I like it when like-minded individuals here on NES comment on the news. If it's not important, then it won't show up here on NES.

NPR and WGBH.

[SIZE=-1]Facts and analysis are dangerous. Planting suggestions that make people behave in certain ways is much more pleasant.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]

Something about the soothing voices makes me feel all fuzzy inside and lets me know that everything is going to be okay.

I usually get my US news from Brit sources, they're usually much better at actually reporting news

The Economist....weekly...takes a lot of time to get through...international viewpoint...no author names helps keep all sensationalism out

Back
Top Bottom