New York plates !

Came here to say this. I work in Chelsea and maybe a year or so ago I was seeing Maryland plates all over the place. Mentioned it to someone and they said prob rentals. Not sure of how the ins and outs of the rental car business works, but I think they come in batches.

noticed many more than usual on the cape this past weekend. Strangely enough I do not recall seeing any New Jersey Plates their. just CT. and tons of New York plates.

NYC kinda empties out in August. The city gets hot and smelly. Lots of them renting houses in the south coast area near me. I'm sure they're everywhere else too.

The one that mystifies me is the Jersey plates on Cape Cod. You guys know you have miles and miles of great beaches, right??? I mean, if I went to the Jersey Shore, besides Snoopie and J-Wahwah, would I see a pile of MA plates as well????

BUT. . . . FWIW, tourist dollars are GREAT dollars. It's $ from out of your area that ends up in your area. Never hate the tourists. A fantastic exportable industry.

has anyone else noticed the amount of NY licence plates around the city ? What’s going on ??

They're here to give us driving lessons and teach us courteous merging.

Besides, is it not the sacred duty of every Liberal Pilgrim to make a trip to Mecca...?

iu

Nothing out of the ordinary, but I am often puzzled by why I see so many out of state plates up here in NH away from tourist areas. Usually NY and CT, lots of them. I could understand if I was in the white mountains, or along the beaches, but... why do so many people from CT or NY decide they need to drive several hours away, to arrive in something like Fitzwilliam, or Lempster, or Surry or something like that. LOTS of them, all year.

Meanwhile, if I drive to CT or NY, the number of NH plates I will is zero. Completely, absolutely, zero. We in NH know those states suck and don't ever want to go there. But please, if you visit here, leave your suck down in those states.

I just moved from MA to NH less than a month ago. I have noticed that there are a TON of NH plates driving around in MA on a daily basis. Not just in places you'd expect to see them commuting down but also in further flung parts of Mass. I've been surprised at how few MA plates I've see driving around up here in NH but that is probably because I don't live right on the border or in a tourist destination.

Still better (thread drift to the other car thread the other day) than RI drivers. I had several - SEVERAL of them decide that the left lane is too pedestrian to camp in. Better to weave in and out of middle-right lanes at 20mph over the limit to 10mph under the limit - getting nowhere fast. This was Wednesday evening both during and AFTER teh commute, 495S. Thankfully they all got off on 95 and the last 3 miles were right-lane-moron free.

Am I the only one that heard the Metal Gear ALERT noise when clicking on this thread ?

(ear rape warning - loud at times)

To the OP: It's probably just tourists.

-Mike

“I regret that I have but one like to give to this post”

R

this is nuts! now i'm aware of ny plates like it was a rouge tune in my head. i'm in woburn and just drove across town to the local mini mart, a mile from the house. saw 2 on back roads on the way down, one downtown on main st. coming home. i'm locked in now. demographics you ask....1.) white male, 40's 2.)white female w/~13-14 yo male riding shotgun and 3.) black or dark complexion latin male, mid 20's.

You haven’t seen anything until you come up here to Otis MA in the summer. The New Yorkers have basically taken over the lake. Use to be mostly fishermen on the lake and small cottages dotting the shoreline. Now most of those small cottages have been turned into million dollar summer homes, and the lake is all Jet Ski’s and boats pulling inflatables with a half dozen kids hanging on.

The population swells from 1K to 10K in the summer. Most every plate you see is NY in the summer. I personally find most of them to be arrogant and entitled. They cut in line, complain about everything and then ride their (unregistered) golf carts down the middle of the road.

I think the main attraction is that it is a straight shot up here from NY via the west through CT and then up RT8. Every year it gets worse, and now some are starting to retire up here to their summer homes. But in the winter for now at least it is mostly still "locals" as we are called.

Back
Top Bottom