• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New York plates !

What do NH residents get when they drive like Retards? A red and white license plate. They're all over the place right now. :D:rolleyes:

Lots of rental and lease cars come out of NY.
While it's true that there are some really major leasing agents out of NY, the leased vehicles are usually tagged in the states that they are destined to. For example, if a Connecticut entity leases a car from a leasing dealership in NY, the car would get registered in CT.

I’ve seen a ton more OOS plates in the last 1-2 years 128/93/495. I assume it’s people coming in to work.

was in NY at lake George last week. noticed a lot of plates that looked like wet pieces of paper. the older blue and yellow not the blue and white plates they use now. they were bubbling and flaking. I guess the primer didn't stick on those? who knows but thought it was odd they allow that when a few were damn near illegible. anyhow lake George and surrounding area was nice. visited a couple gun stores just to see what was available. cool to have found a guy with his whole new ffl business basically being ran out of a shed in his back yard!

We bought a house in NH last year and found it by an ad in the (failing) NY Times Real Estate section. You would not believe the amount of NH property that is being marketed to rich New Yorkers.

The Uber/Lyft theory is even more plausible in light of this article:

https://jalopnik.com/uber-and-lyft-dont-have-a-right-to-exist-1837680434

Their numbers are capped in NYC by law, so where do the rest of them go. East ???

if AB5 passed, it would mean Los Angeles and San Francisco, two of the country’s largest ride-hailing markets, would join New York City in clamping down on the industry. Earlier this month, New York City renewed its vehicle cap and minimum wage laws. Should other cities or states follow with similar laws, it’s difficult to see how Uber and Lyft could go on in similar form.

I was on 495 the other day mid-day. First, can anyone explain why people NEED to be in the LEFT lane regardless of how fast they drive at 2pm on 495???? And 24 for that matter. Fwd-facing cannons should be allowed on vehicles in Mass.

Anyhow - the # of OOS plates was shocking. CT and NY and NJ and PA and MO (yes, MO!). I was surprised at the % of OOS (not RI, or NH/ME for that matter) plates.

Back
Top Bottom