• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New toy

Just picked up a m&p 15-22 to play with at the range. 5.56 was getting expensive to shoot for a few hours at a time. The manual that came with it hints that its fussy with ammo, anyone find any ammo it doesn't like?

Mine shoots the CCI and even the Remington High Velocity match grade. Just make sure that you are buying high velocity and you should be ok.

I bought mine for my son, but we both love shooting it.

I've had no issues with the Federal 550 bulk packs I've run through my M&P 15-22, or other ammo for that matter, but the Federal is mostly what I've shot through it.

Last edited:
Just picked up a m&p 15-22 to play with at the range. 5.56 was getting expensive to shoot for a few hours at a time. The manual that came with it hints that its fussy with ammo, anyone find any ammo it doesn't like?

It has not failed with any ammo I have fed it yet! I think I have used everything

I have fired what ever I could find cheap through mine like blazer winchester federal remington etc. without a single issue . It is a well built plinker . Congrats on the purchase!!

I picked mine up at The Sportsman's Den in Quincy yesterday, I can't wait to try it. I have some Remington Thunderbolts that my S and W 41A pistol doesn't like, I'll start out with that..

Minimags work in it, no surprise. But they're not cheap. I borrowed one from a friend for a few weeks and put about 1000 rounds down range.

The one I used ran fine on minimags, Federal bulk, and Blazer.
Of the 3, blazer was the clear winner. Almost as accurate as mini mags and about the same cost as Federal bulk when purchased in 5000 round quantities.

Don

Back
Top Bottom