• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New toy. Armscorp M14 NM/ Udate. Range report post #17 and #19.

stoneypete

NES Member
I visited the toy shop on the way home. I added this to my collection.

HPIM2351.jpg

HPIM2352.jpg

HPIM2354.jpg

HPIM2355.jpg

Last edited:
Fulton is the TOPS. I'd not put this in that catagory. Only the receiver is Armscorp. The rest is supposed to be USGI, but I know nothing about these rifles save what I've read the past four days.

I've read alot over the last few days and Armscorp has it's fans and it detractors. They had problems in the past and the new Nation Match ones are preported to be very accurate. After many pages of reading I came to conclusion that the argument was similar to the Ford vs Chevy argument that is so often battled.

The going rate I've saw in my research for Armscorp NM is $1800 to $2200. I did not pay that much.

The stock is fully synthetic. I've already sent for a wood one as I prefer wood and steel. YMMV.

Last edited:
Everyone has their reason, but for that $, wouldnt you want to get a Springfield with nice walnut stock. Reason for my million questions is that I've been interested in these for a bit. as soon as I start to write the check, something (my wife) keeps telling me to stop

This one is preban. A new Springfield isn't. This one is all GI sans the receiver, I don't think Springfields are. The walnut stock is only gonna cost me $40 with all the GI metal. Finally, this one was there physically in the shop. First visit I was intrigued. Second visit I was hooked. Third visit I brought it home.[smile]

ETA, the customer service run around a friend of mine from the range got when his flash surpressor was damaged. They would not allow him to send in the damaged part, they made him ship in the entire rifle. That really soured me toward Springfield Armory.

Last edited:
A properly put-together Armscorp is every bit as good as a Springfield or Fulton (I believe Armscorp makes the Fulton receivers). The USGI parts you got with it are way more desirable than any current production commercial parts.
Maybe an Armscorp is not as desirable as a Smith Enterprise or an LRB, but on par with a Springfield or Fulton. Maybe a cut above a Polytech or Norinco (not so much the reciever, but the USGI parts), and definitely better than Fed Ord, Smith Limited, etc..

Nice rifle.

Unless customer supplied, Fulton Armory used Armscorp receivers for their builds up until recently when they went out of business.

P.S. I spy a non-USGI part on that rifle (besides the bare receiver and the sling). Can anyone tell me what it is?

First trip to the range today. Special thanks to Alan from qmmo.net who drove home to get some tools to help me figure out why it was ejecting, but not loading the next round. Turns out the gas system wasn't all the way on so I was not getting all the gas to operate the op rod. Works great now. All I need now is some Preban USGI mags.

Osama is now truely a holy man.
M14target.jpg

I have a wood military stock with selector cutout you can have for free. I pulled it off the last M1A I bought, I prefer synthetic stocks. It's in good shape, let me know....

Finally got out to 100 yards on Monday.[smile] I'm very happy with the results. This target is on 9.5x11 paper. 10 Shots from sandbags with iron sights.

M1100yards.jpg

Armscorp isn't quite as good as FA, SA, but they're not as bad as Fed-Ord either.

All depends on the Fed Ord, and what the serial number of it is.

I've got one that's probably better than current S/A production. Of course, it's a low enough number to have all USGI parts, including a Winchester barrel. 4XXX range serial number.

High number Fed Ord's used primarily Chinese parts, and those parts are garbage.

Back
Top Bottom