New Smith & Wesson M&P15T

Hey everyone I have a quick Noob question,

I just picked up a M&P15T in Ma. today and just wanted to know how to adjust the pinned stock and then pin it back in place. [sad]

Thanks

Thanks for the advice everyone, I actually got the Rifle at Four Seasons today but it was crazy busy I just wanted to get out of there, I need a trigger job done on my M&P9c anyways so next time I go I'll just bring them both and have it done at the same time.

Thanks

It's not going to be adjustable without modifying it drastically. Then depending on how its done it may or may not be legal. Those cripple stocks were not meant to be adjusted... ever.

You're better off just tossing the fake collapsible in the trash and putting something like a Sully or an ACE on the rifle that has varying size buttpads, etc, that can be screwed onto the back end.

-Mike

The Four Seasons in Woburn is waaaaayy better[wink]

homer-doh-square.jpg

It's not going to be adjustable without modifying it drastically. Then depending on how its done it may or may not be legal. Those cripple stocks were not meant to be adjusted... ever.

You're better off just tossing the fake collapsible in the trash and putting something like a Sully or an ACE on the rifle that has varying size buttpads, etc, that can be screwed onto the back end.

-Mike

I'd go with this.

[laugh]

Actually, unlike some Ma compliant AR's, I believe that the M&P's have standard adjustable stocks that are pinned with a simple roll pin in the side of the stock (a roll pin looks like a hollow metal pin).

You can remove the pin, adjust the stock, then drill another hole the same diameter of the original hole and re-insert the pin. I am not quite sure of the best way to remove a roll pin...

If it's the 'FT' version sold in MA you cant adjust it at all. It has an extra long buffer tube. You need to replace the entire tube/stock.

Back
Top Bottom