• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Show - Sniper: inside the Crosshairs

I watched it last night. They interviewed legendary Marine sniper Chuck Mawhinney. Watching these guys wreak havoc with scoped .308 bolt-action rifles was interesting, but I was just wondering if the antis will pick up on it and call out for a ban on them. One Australian lawmaker saw a movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger rapid-firing a pump shotgun and he decided to include all pump shotguns in the semi-auto gun ban law that screwed the Aussie gunowners about a decade ago.

I watched it last night. They interviewed legendary Marine sniper Chuck Mawhinney. Watching these guys wreak havoc with scoped .308 bolt-action rifles was interesting, but I was just wondering if the antis will pick up on it and call out for a ban on them. One Australian lawmaker saw a movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger rapid-firing a pump shotgun and he decided to include all pump shotguns in the semi-auto gun ban law that screwed the Aussie gunowners about a decade ago.

[wishful thinking] Honestly I'd welcome an attempt to ban scoped bolt actions. That might be enough to spur the fudds to actually get involved, even just a little bit. [/wishful thinking]

[wishful thinking] Honestly I'd welcome an attempt to ban scoped bolt actions. That might be enough to spur the fudds to actually get involved, even just a little bit. [/wishful thinking]

Maybe, but don't hold your breath. Based upon my (thankfully, limited) contact with Fudds, most wouldn't know a ban was enacted until they went to buy one - and couldn't.

Remember, these are the same civic luminaries that didn't find out about Chapter 180 until years later, when they couldn't buy their box of "boolits" with their obsolete FID Card. [rolleyes]

Don't think anyone would disagree with that. It's just that its scalability is limited... You can't exactly conceal a battalion of snipers on a roof or hill...

Heard on the battlefield:

"Ahmed, do you see that enormous pile of men in ghillie suits over there? Should we be concerned?"[rofl]

Was there a field of bushes there yesterday? [laugh]
Must be the new gardeners hard at work...

Watching these guys wreak havoc with scoped .308 bolt-action rifles was interesting, but I was just wondering if the antis will pick up on it and call out for a ban on them.

I understand the point you're getting at, but being a sniper who can wreak havoc takes more then having the right rifle. Just because somebody has a scoped .308 or any scoped rifle doesn't mean they can wreak havoc. Sure, some nobodies with no training can be lethal or wreak havoc; however, they would be the exception and not the rule.

Back
Top Bottom