New Show - Sniper: inside the Crosshairs

like the title says. starts Sunday 9pm history channel

Sniper: Inside the Crosshairs

The deadliest weapon on the battlefield is neither bullet nor gun; it's the lone sniper. Journey inside the science and psychology behind the greatest shots in military history, through the scope of the world's most extreme marksmen. Deconstruct the missions, ranging from Vietnam to Iraq to Afghanistan, presented by the men who were there and pulled the trigger. For the first time on American television Canadian sniper Robert Furlong, tells the story of his history-making shot in Afghanistan--striking a Taliban fighter from 1.5 miles away. Ballistics... Tactics... Weaponry... Stalking... This two-hour special examines these critical components in vivid detail, combining interviews with cinematic reenactments, CGI and present day shooting demonstrations to put the viewer squarely inside the crosshairs.

History Channel/Military channel sure have been getting some mileage out of snipers. Not that I wont watch it.. [smile]

hero and Bronze Star sniper has a segment on the History Channel Show "Inside the Crosshairs" this Sunday at 9. Steve grew up in Medfield and started shooting. A real gentlemen, you wouldn't know if you met him that he had a confirmed kill at over a mile, read about it here:

http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?t=4672

Here is a description of the show:

“The deadliest weapon on the battlefield is neither bullet nor gun; it's the lone sniper. Journey inside the science and psychology behind the greatest shots in military history, through the scope of the world's most extreme marksmen. Deconstruct the missions, ranging from Vietnam to Iraq to Afghanistan, presented by the men who were there and pulled the trigger. For the first time on American television Canadian sniper Robert Furlong, tells the story of his history-making shot in Afghanistan--striking a Taliban fighter from 1.5 miles away. Ballistics... Tactics... Weaponry... Stalking... This two-hour special examines these critical components in vivid detail, combining interviews with cinematic reenactments, CGI and present day shooting demonstrations to put the viewer squarely inside the crosshairs.”

Last edited:
It premieres on my birthday. I think it's a sign. lol. They were saying something in the preview that made it look like they were gonna discuss the world record for longest confirmed kill. But it looks like they were using the Barrett M-82, which is wrong. I'm sure they just did it cause people recognize it over the McMillan Tac-50, the rifle that was actually used.

OH MY GOD!!! This is the most bad ass show I have ever seen! I love how all of the snipers don't sugar coat anything, absolutely hysterical. History channel also deserves credit for not sugarcoating anything either. I love the scene where the guy shoots the 3 insurgents behind the brick wall, and they just PLASTER the wall behind it with blood and guts. OUTSTANDING HAHAHA. Gotta love it.

i'm glad I was able to stay awake for this one, I dont have to much experience with rifles so it was cool to see how much is really involved when shooting at such long distances

If there is a more cost-effective weapons system than a sniper team, I want to hear about it.

If there is a weapons system which has anywhere near the almost non-existent collateral damage of a sniper team, I want to hear about it.

If there is a more cost-effective weapons system than a sniper team, I want to hear about it.

If there is a weapons system which has anywhere near the almost non-existent collateral damage of a sniper team, I want to hear about it.

Nukes. Collateral damage? Bahhh...

Anyone else unable to watch on History HD? Keep getting message that channel will be available shortly! [frown] Glad i have a second tv with dvr that recorded on low def channel.

Don't think anyone would disagree with that. It's just that its scalability is limited... You can't exactly conceal a battalion of snipers on a roof or hill...

Heard on the battlefield:

"Ahmed, do you see that enormous pile of men in ghillie suits over there? Should we be concerned?"[rofl]

I hate life...I missed it. Does anyone know if it's going to be re-aired soon?

Sure, cost-effectiveness and controlling collateral damage are nice, but don't forget what really wins wars (hint, see my sig line [wink]).

Back
Top Bottom