new Ruger SR9

Not soon. Ruger will have to add a 10 lbs trigger and all the other b.s. to be MA. compliant,which will be another SW sigma with a Ruger name on it.

Not soon. Ruger will have to add a 10 lbs trigger and all the other b.s. to be MA. compliant,which will be another SW sigma with a Ruger name on it.

Smith got the M&P approved for this state very quickly though the .45 still isn't sold here. Ruger can do it if they want to. Personally, I'm going to buy an M&P9 and have Burwell do a trigger job on it.

Finally opened.[rolleyes]

Wow High-Cap mags for the regular folks, although I am not a 9mm fan, I do however like the "1911 style" thumb safety. Looks pretty much like an M&P/Sigma mix.

Ruger's answer to the M+P, which is Smith's answer to the Glock.

Seems like three gas stations all opening up on the same intersection.

Meh.

Ruger's answer to the M+P, which is Smith's answer to the Glock.

Seems like three gas stations all opening up on the same intersection.

Meh.

It's the nature of competitive business though I don't think the gas station analogy is apt (though there is a reason for that too). Personally, I found the M&P to be more comfortable to shoot than a Glock and I was more accurate with it. IMO, the Glock has been eclipsed by both the M&P and the XD.

Besides, it's not like there isn't a market for 20 different companies making AR's or 1911's that all look the same.

I posted the same question in the Firearms and Equipment section and you all ignored it. I am humiliated, depressed and it is typical that something like this would happen under the Bush administration.

I'm going home to pout.[crying] [wink]

It already has all the MA B.S. except the 10 lb. trigger and it already has the MA warnings in the instruction manual.

If it's a light-dao trigger, it depends on whether or not ruger wants to
cripple their gun to make it MA compliant.

That being said, it might get here before the ruger website is
done loading... damn their site is SLOW.

-Mike

I held one today.

VERY impressive handgun. The trigger will definitely not pass ma**h*** AG "standards" as-is. Magazine disconnector is easily defeatable and designed to be that way. Grip is impressively slim. Not just slim for a double stack, slim, period. This thing is almost Kahr-like in its thickness. Fit my hand perfectly with the backstrap set so the arched side is facing out. The backstrap is reversible to a flat side. Great sights and points very naturally. This handgun is much more concealable than an M&P 9 and Glock 17. I'd say it's on par with the Glock 19 in that regard.

The trigger had some slack and reset was not as short as a Glock or M&P, but completely acceptable. The SR9 oddly has a safety, but it works like a 1911's (down is off) and the lever is small enough not to get in the way. I'd leave the safety off all the time if I had one as I find it superflous in a striker fired pistol and it's one less thing to do before doing the deed.

If this pistol is as reliable as most Rugers are, the only barrier to success will be gun snobbery.

If Ruger makes a compact version, say with a 12 round magazine and one inch less of grip and barrel length, I will buy one.

I had one in my hand last week. Jose gives a pretty good review above. I was impressed with it's thin-ness in the grip, compared to say, a Beretta 92. It didn't really fit my hand all that well, but it was definitely a narrow package. I liked the ambidextrous mag release and safety. I didn't like the trigger, but it's typical of a striker-fired pistol.
Price was $575

I personally don't get DAO that feel the need for a manual safty. How do the wheel gunners manage to stay alive with JUST a DAO trigger???

The SR9 is not a true DAO pistol. The striker is pre-cocked by the slide's rearward travel then lifted the rest of the way then dropped by the trigger pull just like a Glock, Sigma, or M&P.

What the SR9 does not have that those other three do is a mechanism to stop the trigger from moving unless there is a finger on the trigger (Glock's trigger in a trigger, S&W's two piece hinged trigger).

Maybe that is why Ruger put the frame mounted safety on.

I got my Combat Handguns magazine in the mail today and they have a review on it so I think I am going to sit and read, as usual, about a gun that I cannot by.

Back
Top Bottom