• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New ruger precision rifle

Would be interested in the .308 model.

weight is listed at over 10 lbs...i am assuming thats naked w/o optic. Certainly not the lightest gun around. That kinda weight would suck for hunting, at least for girly man like me.

It's not a hunting rifle. It is made for making small groups of holes in paper a long distance away.

Most of the intended users will be adding weight (which is a lot easier than taking weight off!). If this rifle finds its way into tactical roles, I'm sure the only extra weight will be optics, bipod, and possibly monopod, and that will be fine.

But from the bench? Yeah, it could stand a couple of cheeseburgers. ;)

I think I might grab one as my personal learn to death rifle. It appeals to me for all the right reasons.

I see it and I want to shoot Appleseed with it. I want to shoot paper with it. I want to hunt with it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I wonder if they'll make it in lefty. With the pistol grip, it might not even bother me.

Check out the info on the web site/pages... Safety is easy to change to the other side, and the mag release is [basically] ambi since it's behind the mag well. Being able to adjust the pad on the stock to cant either left or right also makes it more ambi.

If this doesn't make you hard you ain't breathin:

"At distance, it’s easy to say, this rifle performs, in the video we have a 1/2 MOA Group at 850 yards on steel. "

If this doesn't make you hard you ain't breathin:

"At distance, it’s easy to say, this rifle performs, in the video we have a 1/2 MOA Group at 850 yards on steel. "

So much about this rifle intrigues me. The 6.5 is awesome, but so is a 30" folded 308. If I wasn't balls deep in a gas gun build and broke, I would be trying real hard to get behind one of these things.

So much about this rifle intrigues me. The 6.5 is awesome, but so is a 30" folded 308. If I wasn't balls deep in a gas gun build and broke, I would be trying real hard to get behind one of these things.

I'm going to take the patience is a virtue approach.... I figure it will likely be 8 months plus before I can get a real good price on one.... I will NOT over pay for one of these (or any firearm for that matter). And my guess, given a what's been reported for a dealer cost is this is a $999 rifle. With that mindset, I have plenty of time to start getting 6.5 creedmoor brass and get myself another Burris XTRII.

For me personally, .308 is a non start.... Yes brass and factory ammo are more readily available, but imho those are the only two categories its superior in. I don't buy factory ammo very much, and you don't exactly go through 400 rounds per range visit with a bolt gun so brass cost is less of an issue

Last edited:
I bought the ruger American in 308 last year because I wanted an inexpensive introductory bolt gun for fun and possibly hunting (never been before). My last time out I had my best 4 shot group ever with cheap Perecta ammo. This new gun almost makes me want to sell it, and buy one of these. I think I'll keep the American around a little longer. That's a sweet rifle though.

Back
Top Bottom