New Plate machine@ Bob's shooting range

i went tonight (3/18) i think i shot 27 of 36 with my baby desert eagle 9mm.it was my first time at an organized shoot,it was a good time.i think 42 people showed up so it took a while for the field to shoot the 3 rounds,started at about 6:45 and went till 10:30 i think.good time i think i know what im doing on wednesday nights now.thanks again bob and the organizers[grin]

I updated the website at www.originalbobs.com with some photos and information about tonight’s steel plate shoot 3-18-09. You can go directly to the new page with this link. http://www.originalbobsshootingrange.com/new_page_11.htm
Everyone had a great time and they are working on ways to speed things up. Tonight went a bit slower than expected. Tad instructed us with some safety issues that we started doing that were really important and appreciated as well. Now that we are used to the new safer procedures things should speed up next week. It did slow us down a bit this week but it was really needed to keep it safe and fun. Thanks to all that showed up and I look forward to seeing more Northeast Shooters at the next one Wed night.
Garry

Last edited:
The shoot went great tonight, we added a few saftey procedures that Tad had suggested, it slowed it down a bit, but now that we have it down, it should go smoother next week. John and Vlad won the shoot with a combined score of 62. We had a great turnout, about 34 shooters or so. Hope it keeps growing.

Well they added a new 22cal plate machine that has 10 plates. We tried it out and had a lots of fun with it. You can see it at www.originalbobs.com There is a link from main page that has pics of it. Santo really did a nice job on this one! At this time not sure when it will be used thats all up in the air right now. If you have any suggestions come by or call and let them know. check it out.

The new machine really did come out great, Santo did a really nice job. Like harleynut said, still up in the air as to when we will be doing the matches, but will definatley keep everyone posted.

It is a pretty cool way to try your hand in competition shooting.
Basically, you sign up and pay your $10. After everyone has signed up, you are paired up with someone using a luck of the draw system. The "team" with the highest combined score wins. This way even the best shooters may end up with a handicap and the beginners have a shot at the pot.
You shoot at 6 plates using 6 shots in 15 seconds (twice)
You shoot at 6 plates using 6 shots in 10 seconds (twice)
You shoot at 6 plates using 6 shots in 5 seconds (twice)
For a total of 36 shots - best possible score is 72 (36 for you and 36 for 'team member').
Last time I went up, I think the personal average was around 22 and the best personal was 35 - I know that guy had to be pissed because he hit the plate but it was off to the side and it didn't fall.
Once you get into the 5 second rounds, it can be tricky to get all 6 in under 5 seconds...
Come on up on Wednesdays and give it a shot - it is a good time and everyone is welcome to try it !

It is a pretty cool way to try your hand in competition shooting.
Basically, you sign up and pay your $10. After everyone has signed up, you are paired up with someone using a luck of the draw system. The "team" with the highest combined score wins. This way even the best shooters may end up with a handicap and the beginners have a shot at the pot.
You shoot at 6 plates using 6 shots in 15 seconds (twice)
You shoot at 6 plates using 6 shots in 10 seconds (twice)
You shoot at 6 plates using 6 shots in 5 seconds (twice)
For a total of 36 shots - best possible score is 72 (36 for you and 36 for 'team member').
Last time I went up, I think the personal average was around 22 and the best personal was 35 - I know that guy had to be pissed because he hit the plate but it was off to the side and it didn't fall.
Once you get into the 5 second rounds, it can be tricky to get all 6 in under 5 seconds...
Come on up on Wednesdays and give it a shot - it is a good time and everyone is welcome to try it !

Sounds fun, I will try to make it next week, this is the range right on route 1 correct?

Back
Top Bottom