New pistol!

Don't be embarrassed at all. If you have any doubts about your firearm (and loads, etc.) always get a second opinion. There are many, many stories that end with people embarrassed AND with a destroyed firearm. Good for you for having the patients to get it checked out.

Scrivener, LenS, EC - thank you all for your invitations, I will be free most evenings this week and on the weekend, and if this time is comvinient for any of you, please let me know. I'll bring a couple of boxes of jacketed ammo with me.

Yelena,

Do you have a MA NR LTC?

If you do, we can try to coordinate something.

If not, I suggest that you take Scriv up on his generous offer to meet you at the border.

Without that LTC, for me to ask you to meet me at a gun club in MA would expose you to a potential felony conviction, thus I can't do that. For a match or a group shoot (with special arrangements made so out-of-staters can legally bring their guns to MA) it isn't a problem (law covers it if you have a match flier), but just to get together with another person won't fly.

From what I have been told this is standard on most newer 45 pistols. I have seen p220's do the same as well.

-DM-

A well-respected gun expert explained it this way:

- .45ACP ammo was designed for 5" bbls

- When shot in <5" bbls, the crud covering the slide is an after-effect of the ammo not burning efficiently.

- Trij night sights have the vials inset so that the crud covers them and you need a Q-tip to clean it out (a quick wipe with the finger won't do), thus causing additional problems.

I am no expert here, just passing on what he stated and sounds plausible to me.

I can only guess that the M&P .45 Compact is much worse in this regard.

A well-respected gun expert explained it this way:

- .45ACP ammo was designed for 5" bbls

- When shot in <5" bbls, the crud covering the slide is an after-effect of the ammo not burning efficiently.

- Trij night sights have the vials inset so that the crud covers them and you need a Q-tip to clean it out (a quick wipe with the finger won't do), thus causing additional problems.

I am no expert here, just passing on what he stated and sounds plausible to me.

I can only guess that the M&P .45 Compact is much worse in this regard.

It sounds very pluaseable to me as well. In no way was I saying this is not a problem, just that it is not a M&P issue only. It drives my bonkers on my M&P .45 FS. I shoot about two to three hundred rounds a week through my gun and by the time I leave the range I can barely see the front sight post.

It has really made me rethink getting a M&P .45 compact when its available

-DM-

You mean it's not a worth trying? [thinking] Move to MA? No thanks! If moving, I'll think of Vermont, Minnesota, or Alaska. Like it cold!

Move to Sautl Ste Marie, MI

Same latitude as Moscow and it gets pretty cold. And if your really missing the cold you can drive 2 hrs south and visit Pellston, MI the Ice Box of the North.as it is one of the coldest places in the U.S (Avg. about 40 days a winter with sub-zero temps sans the windchill)

Back
Top Bottom