• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell (D) signed a coronavirus emergency order last week allowing her to ban the sale and transportation of firearms

Lost me at infowars.com, a news source for halfwits, but I suspect this NOLA situation is like the emergency powers the mayor of Champaign, Illinois enacted via EO (And just like that... city in Illinois uses the Coronavirus to heighten Gun Control methods), wherein for 15 years there has been a law on the books enabling the mayor to do this. It's a power-grab that was implemented following 9/11, and I suspect many cities/towns in the US have adopted the same text unbeknownst to local residents. The powers include a bullet-point list of things she could prohibit, but had not prohibited as of the signing of the order. So the fault, at least in Champaign, really lies with the morons who were in city government in 2005-2006, and is demonstrative of what you get when you pass laws based on feelings.

Thus in NOLA--as in Champaign--it is not a ban, but an order allowing the mayor _to_ ban <all_the_things>.
Breaking: New Orleans Mayor Releases Emergency Orders • Breaking First --a conservative news site.

Note the order is titled MAYORAL PROCLAMATION TO PROMULGATE EMERGENCY ORDERS DURING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY DUE TO COVID-19:
http://nola.gov/mayor/executive-ord...medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=

tl;dr: It's an executive order to issue more pre-specified orders.
Halfwit? Let’s not go crazy, Reptiles a lot closer to Quarterwit at best.

Meanwhile in Massachusetts...

I am a law enforcement officer. Does the notice affect me?
No. The notice does not change the law with respect to ownership of Assault Weapons by law enforcement officers. Your existing right to buy and possess Assault Weapons remains protected under Massachusetts law

Why?
In the name of God, why keep this divisive attitude alive? They're winning...........

NH has a law on the books specifically stating you cannot disarm the citizens due to a disaster, of course such is probably redundant given other existing laws but they went and spelled it out after the New Orleans crap.

I hope this also includes her protection detail no need for them to be armed if everyone else is disarmed no one has guns it shouldn't be a problem. I wonder how this will work? It
please the "beautiful" people are not included in these laws.

NH has a law on the books specifically stating you cannot disarm the citizens due to a disaster, of course such is probably redundant given other existing laws but they went and spelled it out after the New Orleans crap.
My guess is there is a move afoot to repeal that, or there will be.

There wasn't a parking space in the one I frequent. I was going to buy something, but no way I'm sitting in that place with that many people in there.

It's a small shop, they aren't really handling the mass business well. No organization, take a number, kind of thing. Just people standing around. I waited 5 minutes and left. I'd have one or two guys running checks, one guy handling non-firearm stuff, someone handling optics/ammo. Have 3 distinct lines so you don't have to wait an hour to get a single magazine.

You invoke memories of the MA RMV operation circa mid 1970's.
Stand in line for an hour only to be told that your in the wrong line for this or that transaction( no windows were labeled) It was the worst clusterfvck on planet earth.

They caught folks off guard there last time.
It won't happen again.
There's not a dental plan in the world worth trying that shit down there again.
Are you saying you where one of those down there trying to disarm folks

f*** her, I spent a month there after Katrina thanks to Mittens Romney and the NOPD were nowhere to be found.
One of the interesting things I read in the aftermath was that certain gangs warned the PD that if they entered their area of operation they would be shooting at them.
So like pussies they stayed out and concentrated on going after the middle/ working class neighborhoods during their "Use the constitution as ass wipe " operations.

Didn't this type of gun grab get changed at the state level after what happened in the aftermath of Katrina?

'The Corona loophole'.

IIRC, the post Katrina gun grab prevention only pertained to confiscating firearms that were owned and/or
in peoples homes.

'The Corona loophole'.

IIRC, the post Katrina gun grab prevention only pertained to confiscating firearms that were owned and/or
in peoples homes.

The level of retardation needed to try and go door to door right now with more than a bag of food to drop off is too damn high. People down here are worse than elephants, they don't forget nothing. There are Hatfield/McCoy type feuds that predate the Civil War (hyperbole intended).

Some of these minority politicians keep writing laws that arrest their very own people.
All in favor of getting re-elected and keeping in good faith with the other elitist politicians!
Give these types an inch of power and they take away everyone's rights for another inch!

Last edited:
He must have relatives that want to buy a firearm now after years of supporting anti-gun laws.
They are waiting till the stores are back in stock or their permits get pushed through..
Then he will put a stop to all sales of firearms and ammo during the virus shutdown![rofl2]

Either that or the popo's need more ammo to shoot dogs with when the confiscation begins..:eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom