New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell (D) signed a coronavirus emergency order last week allowing her to ban the sale and transportation of firearms

Time to put out a "Stay back 100 ft, occupants exposed to COVID-19!" sign in the yard!
Do not follow unconstitutional laws..Take that warrant and shove it where the sun don't shine!
Firearms.. Sorry we just gave them all away! [rofl2]

I have a feeling that they are not going to fall for it a second time...

I got to say this. What the hell is up with all the minorities calling for the disarmament of their own people?
Do they like being lynched? Do they enjoy being powerless? Do they enjoy being someone's bitch?
What in all that is right is their reasoning for leaving their own people helpless?
Do they do it so they can keep them down or seem like hey we will provide everything for you?

Hey LaToya, you their new Massa now?:mad:

Last edited:
I'm trying to wrap my head around this logic, even playing a bit of Devil's advocate here, but I got nothing. So she's saying if and when the rioting and looting starts, we're going to make sure you have a difficult time defending yourself and your possessions? And if that didn't make you grumpy enough, we're also going to take away booze so you can't de-stress after all your stuff gets stolen? Just packing more powder in that keg.

I thought LA specifically passed a state wide preemption law re:firearms post Katrina to prevent bullshit like that?

I thought LA specifically passed a state wide preemption law re:firearms post Katrina to prevent bullshit like that?

Two things:

(1) How is the municipality going to enforce a ban on gun possession and sales?
(2) How is the state going to enforce preemption over gun laws right now?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this logic, even playing a bit of Devil's advocate here, but I got nothing. So she's saying if and when the rioting and looting starts, we're going to make sure you have a difficult time defending yourself and your possessions? And if that didn't make you grumpy enough, we're also going to take away booze so you can't de-stress after all your stuff gets stolen? Just packing more powder in that keg.

The prohibition of carrying combustibles is for when the rioters carry molotov cocktails, the prohibition on guns is to diminish new ( more) guns from entering into the population and for when the rioters go looking for the politicians to kill their sorry asses. As if molotov cocktails aren't already illegal to make and use and as if there's not enough guns already on the streets to perform anything that the rioters might get a notion to do.

The thing is, none of her dictates will mean shit when the city is burned to the ground and politicians are fleeing for their lives. Criminals have difficulty following laws, and MAKING criminals out of ordinary citizens just breeds defiance exponentially.

If the government makes you a criminal by fiat, BE THE BEST CRIMINAL YOU CAN BE.

I hope this also includes her protection detail no need for them to be armed if everyone else is disarmed no one has guns it shouldn't be a problem. I wonder how this will work? It

Meanwhile in Massachusetts...

I am a law enforcement officer. Does the notice affect me?
No. The notice does not change the law with respect to ownership of Assault Weapons by law enforcement officers. Your existing right to buy and possess Assault Weapons remains protected under Massachusetts law

I hope this also includes her protection detail no need for them to be armed if everyone else is disarmed no one has guns it shouldn't be a problem. I wonder how this will work? It

Very badly.

If they don't want to get killed.....very carefully I presume.

Exactly, the two options here are to either go for outright confiscation and search everyone, or to do nothing and only go after very low hanging fruit.

The first isn't going to happen because cops across the country are intentionally not interacting with the public. If people are supposed to keep six feet away from each other, doing Terry pats of everyone is not going to happen. Thus, the ban is more or less unenforceable, except for FFL sales.

The prohibition of carrying combustibles is for when the rioters carry molotov cocktails, the prohibition on guns is to diminish new ( more) guns from entering into the population and for when the rioters go looking for the politicians to kill their sorry asses. As if molotov cocktails aren't already illegal to make and use and as if there's not enough guns already on the streets to perform anything that the rioters might get a notion to do.

The thing is, none of her dictates will mean shit when the city is burned to the ground and politicians are fleeing for their lives. Criminals have difficulty following laws, and MAKING criminals out of ordinary citizens just breeds defiance exponentially.

If the government makes you a criminal by fiat, BE THE BEST CRIMINAL YOU CAN BE.

That was my thought as well regarding criminals gonna criminal regardless of whatever is happening. So why is she dropping laws that will only affect law abiding people? I'm assuming she really doesn't have to concern herself with law abiding citizens fire bombing places.

That was my thought as well regarding criminals gonna criminal regardless of whatever is happening. So why is she dropping laws that will only affect law abiding people? I'm assuming she really doesn't have to concern herself with law abiding citizens fire bombing places.

Because she's an ignorant a$$hole politician who would rather do something WRONG, just to say she did something rather than do what is right or nothing at all.

Lost me at infowars.com, a news source for halfwits, but I suspect this NOLA situation is like the emergency powers the mayor of Champaign, Illinois enacted via EO (And just like that... city in Illinois uses the Coronavirus to heighten Gun Control methods), wherein for 15 years there has been a law on the books enabling the mayor to do this. It's a power-grab that was implemented following 9/11, and I suspect many cities/towns in the US have adopted the same text unbeknownst to local residents. The powers include a bullet-point list of things she could prohibit, but had not prohibited as of the signing of the order. So the fault, at least in Champaign, really lies with the morons who were in city government in 2005-2006, and is demonstrative of what you get when you pass laws based on feelings.

Thus in NOLA--as in Champaign--it is not a ban, but an order allowing the mayor _to_ ban <all_the_things>.
Breaking: New Orleans Mayor Releases Emergency Orders • Breaking First --a conservative news site.
New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell (D) signed a coronavirus emergency order last week allowing her to ban the sale and transportation of firearms.
Note the order is titled MAYORAL PROCLAMATION TO PROMULGATE EMERGENCY ORDERS DURING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY DUE TO COVID-19:
http://nola.gov/mayor/executive-ord...medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=

tl;dr: It's an executive order to issue more pre-specified orders.

Lost me at infowars.com, a news source for halfwits, but I suspect this NOLA situation is like the emergency powers the mayor of Champaign, Illinois enacted via EO (And just like that... city in Illinois uses the Coronavirus to heighten Gun Control methods), wherein for 15 years there has been a law on the books enabling the mayor to do this. It's a power-grab that was implemented following 9/11, and I suspect many cities/towns in the US have adopted the same text unbeknownst to local residents. The powers include a bullet-point list of things she could prohibit, but had not prohibited as of the signing of the order. So the fault, at least in Champaign, really lies with the morons who were in city government in 2005-2006, and is demonstrative of what you get when you pass laws based on feelings.

Thus in NOLA--as in Champaign--it is not a ban, but an order allowing the mayor _to_ ban <all_the_things>.
Breaking: New Orleans Mayor Releases Emergency Orders • Breaking First --a conservative news site.

Note the order is titled MAYORAL PROCLAMATION TO PROMULGATE EMERGENCY ORDERS DURING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY DUE TO COVID-19:
http://nola.gov/mayor/executive-ord...medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=

tl;dr: It's an executive order to issue more pre-specified orders.

And if you think they won't take advantage of it you're crazy.

The best thing people can do is blatantly defy ALL of their bullshit, outright and openly.

clearly not.

Every gun shop should run a big f***ing sale right now.

There wasn't a parking space in the one I frequent. I was going to buy something, but no way I'm sitting in that place with that many people in there.

It's a small shop, they aren't really handling the mass business well. No organization, take a number, kind of thing. Just people standing around. I waited 5 minutes and left. I'd have one or two guys running checks, one guy handling non-firearm stuff, someone handling optics/ammo. Have 3 distinct lines so you don't have to wait an hour to get a single magazine.

Back
Top Bottom