NEW NY 'GHOST GUN' LAW MAKES DIY FIREARMS A FELONY

mikeyp

NES Member

What were described as the "nation's toughest restrictions" on self-manufactured firearms were signed into law on Thursday by New York Gov. Kathy Hochul.

Hochul, who inherited her post earlier this year after former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigned under a cloud of accusations, signed the "Jose Webster Untraceable Firearms Act" and the "Scott J. Beigel Unfinished Receiver Act" before an invited crowd of masked anti-gun advocates and Democrat lawmakers.

"Gun violence is a public health and public safety crisis that must be dealt with aggressively," said Hochul, who previously served as Cuomo's lieutenant governor since 2015 as his administration worked to implement the NY SAFE Act gun control provisions which were supposed to curb gun crime in the Empire State. "Working with partners at all levels, my administration will continue to crack down on the distribution and possession of dangerous weapons and put an end to the gun violence epidemic."

The two bills addressing self-completed firearms, S.13A/A.2666A and S.7152/A.6522, in tandem outlaw the possession of unfinished frames or receivers by anyone other than a licensed gunsmith or firearms dealer and prohibit the sale of such items. Further, the new laws require gunsmiths and FFLs to register such incomplete guns in their possession. Violations run from Class D to Class E felonies, the latter of which can bring five years in prison and is on the same level as some manslaughter convictions.

NV going this way next year, somehow they are making it a felony to own an 80%, even in the 80% form? You have one year to get it serialized and registered, that's what they are telling me........

NV going this way next year, somehow they are making it a felony to own an 80%, even in the 80% form? You have one year to get it serialized and registered, that's what they are telling me........
It won't hold. Don't register anything.

You can't outlaw an 80% because it is a piece of metal/plastic. That is it. A block of metal from HD is a lower, maybe a 1% lower becsuse it is already melted and cast into a block, but still a lower.

What they could outlaw is the manufacture of weapons. Then you are f*cked. But you can keep the 80% as a last resort SHTF gun.

What were described as the "nation's toughest restrictions" on self-manufactured firearms were signed into law on Thursday by New York Gov. Kathy Hochul.

Hochul, who inherited her post earlier this year after former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigned under a cloud of accusations, signed the "Jose Webster Untraceable Firearms Act" and the "Scott J. Beigel Unfinished Receiver Act" before an invited crowd of masked anti-gun advocates and Democrat lawmakers.

"Gun violence is a public health and public safety crisis that must be dealt with aggressively," said Hochul, who previously served as Cuomo's lieutenant governor since 2015 as his administration worked to implement the NY SAFE Act gun control provisions which were supposed to curb gun crime in the Empire State. "Working with partners at all levels, my administration will continue to crack down on the distribution and possession of dangerous weapons and put an end to the gun violence epidemic."

The two bills addressing self-completed firearms, S.13A/A.2666A and S.7152/A.6522, in tandem outlaw the possession of unfinished frames or receivers by anyone other than a licensed gunsmith or firearms dealer and prohibit the sale of such items. Further, the new laws require gunsmiths and FFLs to register such incomplete guns in their possession. Violations run from Class D to Class E felonies, the latter of which can bring five years in prison and is on the same level as some manslaughter convictions.
Gun violence? More like hood booger violence in leftist urban shitholes

Another opportunity for a passel of lawsuit SCOTUS will fail to take up while rights are trampled.

🐯

P.S.> This virus will spread and like COVID there is no real vaccine.
Yep still waiting on the 7/20/16 Maura “edict” to be overturned that everyone said “don’t worry the SCOTUS will overturn this right away!”
ha!

Smells, you know, unenforceable

They haven't overturned the Maura edict b/c no one is really following it anymore. LOL

The Maura edict hasn't been overturned because as far as I know no one has been charged so it hasn't gone to court. I can't remember if any FFls have challenged it in court or not.

All I'm going to say is Thank God we have the Mill where freedom and common sense exist.

I don't understand the thought process behind moves like this. NY is a license state. If one gets a license, the notion is that they will have guns. So what does it matter if they make them or buy them?

nation's toughest restrictions. but not for the criminal... f*** pile of horse shit.

This guy may soon find out if the new law has any teeth:
I see what you did there.
a-cartoon-tooth-with-eye-rig-and-shape-keys-3d-model-blend.jpg

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

His current home/office.

His next home/office.

So they're banning ownership of something that is _not_ a firearm.

Here are the bills that were signed:
A2666A:
NY State Assembly Bill A2666A
32. "UNFINISHED FRAME OR RECEIVER" MEANS ANY MATERIAL THAT DOES NOT
CONSTITUTE THE FRAME OR RECEIVER OF A FIREARM, RIFLE OR SHOTGUN BUT THAT
HAS BEEN SHAPED OR FORMED IN ANY WAY FOR THE PURPOSE OF BECOMING THE
FRAME OR RECEIVER OF A FIREARM, RIFLE OR SHOTGUN, AND WHICH MAY READILY
BE MADE INTO A FUNCTIONAL FRAME OR RECEIVER THROUGH MILLING, DRILLING OR
OTHER MEANS. THE TERM SHALL NOT INCLUDE MATERIAL THAT HAS HAD ITS SIZE
OR EXTERNAL SHAPE ALTERED TO FACILITATE TRANSPORTATION OR STORAGE OR HAS
HAD ITS CHEMICAL COMPOSITION ALTERED.

S13A:
NY State Senate Bill S13A

A6522:
NY State Assembly Bill A6522
Section 1. Subdivision 20 of section 265.00 of the penal law, as added
by chapter 378 of the laws of 1998, is amended to read as follows:
20. "Disguised gun" means any weapon or device capable of being
concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the
energy of an explosive and is designed and intended to appear to be
EITHER; (A) something other than a gun; OR (B) A TOY GUN THAT SHALL
INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY RIFLE, PISTOL, SHOTGUN OR MACHINE-
GUN DISPLAYING A COLOR FINISH OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURE COLOR,
A DECORATIVE PATTERN OR PLASTIC LIKE SURFACE; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT
ANY RIFLE OR SHOTGUN DISPLAYING A CAMOUFLAGE COLOR FINISH OR PATTERN
THAT IS INTENDED FOR HUNTING, AS DEFINED BY ARTICLE ELEVEN OF THE ENVI-
RONMENTAL CONSERVATION LAW, SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED A "DISGUISED GUN"
FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION.
§ 2. Section 265.10 of the penal law is amended by adding a new subdi-
vision 8 to read as follows:
8. ANY PERSON, DEALER, FIRM, PARTNERSHIP OR CORPORATION WHO INTEN-
TIONALLY DESIGNS OR TRANSFORMS A RIFLE, PISTOL, SHOTGUN OR MACHINE-GUN
TO RESEMBLE A TOY GUN BY EITHER ALTERING OR CONCEALING THE ORIGINAL
COLOR OR SURFACE OF THE GUN WITH THE PURPOSE OF SELLING SUCH WEAPON IS
GUILTY OF A CLASS D FELONY.

S7152:
NY State Senate Bill S7152

There is no disguising both were meant to be abused.

Back
Top Bottom