• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hello all,

My name is Kirk from lynn, ma. I have fired before and am in the process of applying for my conceal and carry permit. I am taking the safety course in wobun next week.

I wanted a walther ppk before i read about the horrors of .380 (stopping power but most of all the cost)

I look forward to joing the community and learning as much as i can.

Hello all, My name is Kirk from lynn, ma. I have fired before and am in the process of applying for my conceal and carry permit. I am taking the safety course in wobun next week. I wanted a walther ppk before i read about the horrors of .380 (stopping power but most of all the cost) I look forward to joing the community and learning as much as i can.

Welcome. You should have no issues getting an unrestricted LTC in Lynn. Aside from the long wait time (12 weeks in my case), it was a pretty straightforward experience. No interviews or letters of recommendation. Just a finger print session.

Welcome, lots of good information on here... Though it is all worth its weight in gold.
Go green (become a paid member for access to the members section)
Read Boris's shovel build thread
Try before you buy
Have a thick skin.....

[rolleyes]

git yerself a good old 'merican .45 ACP. why, son? 'cause they don't make a .46 ACP. it'll stop an elephant dead in its tracks.

if you want a PPK, buy a PPK. whatever you buy, pick one gun, train with it, and shoot the hell out of it.
For Christ Sakes, what the hell do you know, Jackwad!!!!
Well he made a few good points, other than whats on his penile brain!
Welcome to NES!!
Ask all the questions you need to ask and don't let the dumdarses like myself scare you away! It's a great place and were all normal!!

Make a list of guns you want to try. Lots of folks here will let tou shoot them. No more generous group than this boatd. Welcome aboard.

When you start looking for your 1st gun, be sure to see Ray at Bay State Firearms in Peabody. In addition to being a highly experienced LEO he is a great guy, works very hard to keep his prices competitive and is a fine gentleman. He is always happy to listen and offer opinions and options. No pressure to buy. I am certain you will find his assistance (whether or not you actually buy from him) to be invaluable.

When you start looking for your 1st gun, be sure to see Ray at Bay State Firearms in Peabody. In addition to being a highly experienced LEO he is a great guy, works very hard to keep his prices competitive and is a fine gentleman. He is always happy to listen and offer opinions and options. No pressure to buy. I am certain you will find his assistance (whether or not you actually buy from him) to be invaluable.

Or better yet, go to Manchester Firing Line and try out different guns before you buy. Good luck and remember "thick skin" is a must.

Back
Top Bottom