New magazine catch for Sig P938

I forget to inform them almost every time.
I ended up telling the FedEx guy behind the counter that I was shipping a firearm. He knew it anyways. I’m wondering why Sig wants you to declare that you are shipping a firearm. It’s like an invasion of my privacy. I forgot to mention to the Sig Rep that it puts a slight crease in the shells when it ejects. I think they hit the corner of the opening in the slide. It doesn‘t hurt the function of it. I’m hoping it will get resolved when they go through it.

Mine was doing the same thing. They fixed it for $55 dollars which included 2nd day shipping both ways. The entire turnaround was 10 days. They also did a full maintenance on the gun replaced all the springs and gave me 2 new mags. FWIW even though it’s fixed I only carry with the flush mags. Because it’s just such an awesome size with the flush mags.
I got the pistol back yesterday. I’ll be trying it out today at the range. I was eager to get it back thinking they were going to give it a tune up. Nope. I had told the rep when I called that it was dropping the extended mags after the fifth round consistently. The gunsmith report said it was dropping mags after 100 rounds. The report said he replaced the catch spring, and fired hollow points and ball problem and it was all set. No tune up and it was left dirty. @45collector (including you in this post because you helped me out with good advice also), I had put the original catch back in figuring they would replace that also. They didn’t. I’m debating sending the original contact person an email letting him know how I feel.

I got the pistol back yesterday. I’ll be trying it out today at the range. I was eager to get it back thinking they were going to give it a tune up. Nope. I had told the rep when I called that it was dropping the extended mags after the fifth round consistently. The gunsmith report said it was dropping mags after 100 rounds. The report said he replaced the catch spring, and fired hollow points and ball problem and it was all set. No tune up and it was left dirty. @45collector (including you in this post because you helped me out with good advice also), I had put the original catch back in figuring they would replace that also. They didn’t. I’m debating sending the original contact person an email letting him know how I feel.

yeah as much as I hate to be a Karen. I’d write an email or call and speak to a manager. They have been dynamite every time I’ve had to deal with them, and one of those instances was the extended mag dropping just like you.

yeah as much as I hate to be a Karen. I’d write an email or call and speak to a manager. They have been dynamite every time I’ve had to deal with them, and one of those instances was the extended mag dropping just like you.
I’ll send an email first, I’ve never had luck wanting to talk to a manager but I’ll give it a shot. Maybe I can recoup some of the 55 dollars.

The problem was never the catch spring. It was the catch itself. When you say you put the original catch back in before you sent it to them, do you mean you had already bought the updated catch before sending it back to them?

The problem was never the catch spring. It was the catch itself. When you say you put the original catch back in before you sent it to them, do you mean you had already bought the updated catch before sending it back to them?
I did. It was cheap enough. Looking at them side by side the one I bought looks to be beefier with more engagement. I put the old one back in figuring they would replace it and if they saw it was replaced they wouldn’t work on it. The spring they installed is definitely heavier.

On my competition 1911s I put a very light spring in the catch to make mag changes somewhat quicker/easier. Never have a problem with premature dropage. I did the same before and after the new catch on my P938 and it made no difference. Even with a heavier spring in the original catch in that gun, it still dropped the mag while firing. When I got the brand new catch from Sig, I put a cut spring in there that barely needed to be pressed to release the mag and all mags, flush and pinky, stayed in during firing. ;)
ETA: the original factory spring is in the gun now since I don’t compete with it. Carry only.

I put 100 rounds down range today most of them with the extended magazines. Both of the extended that I have worked as intended. The work order said they replaced the spring so I was assuming it felt heavier. It could be a stock spring idk. I was going to bitch to them, but decided not to whine about it. They did turn it around in a week. For that I’m grateful. It’s going to find its way to my belt now. After a good bath of course.

Back
Top Bottom