new LTC-A, lost trigger lock key - help needed

I'm a newbie to NES. Great site.

I also recently got my LTC-A without restrictions from a red town. From what I've heard, this is almost impossible for a 1st-timer, so needless to say I was pretty stoked.

For the record, I had my s--- together: safety course, letter from physician saying that I wasn't a nutcase, no rap sheet (aside from some speeding tickets), letter to the chief, and NOT saying I wanted it for self-defense in my home.

Anyway, to my question... I also recently inherited from my father a few guns and one is an M1 Carbine. Happy to have it but unfortunately it's got a trigger lock on it and my mother has no idea where the key is. And it's not a standard key lock, either, lest I'd try to pick it. It looks like it might be a magnetic tumbler or something...2 small divots where the key teeth would sit.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance -

Last edited:
like this?

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

Last edited:
the bottom picture is the "key"

if you need one let me know

Last edited:
Those can be smashed off pretty easy. . If you want to be gentle about it, you can use a pair of needlenose pliers with sharp tips as a "key".

-Mike

Cordless drill, cobalt bit, 30 seconds

Yup. Or any of the above. Those are the cheapo locks that satisfy the requirement to provide a lock with as little cost as possible. You could probably just look at it sternly and it would fall off.

There isn't a trigger lock that I know of that can't be defeated with either needle nose pliers, a wire cutter, a hack saw, or a drill. Trigger locks are meant for compliance and child safety, any adult or intelligent youngster with a minute or two and the right tool is capable of disabling one.

I'm a newbie to NES. Great site.

I also recently got my LTC-A without restrictions from a red town. From what I've heard, this is almost impossible for a 1st-timer, so needless to say I was pretty stoked.

For the record, I had my s--- together: safety course, letter from physician saying that I wasn't a nutcase, no rap sheet (aside from some speeding tickets), letter to the chief, and NOT saying I wanted it for self-defense in my home.

Anyway, to my question... I also recently inherited from my father a few guns and one is an M1 Carbine. Happy to have it but unfortunately it's got a trigger lock on it and my mother has no idea where the key is. And it's not a standard key lock, either, lest I'd try to pick it. It looks like it might be a magnetic tumbler or something...2 small divots where the key teeth would sit.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance -

Got a good drill?

Back
Top Bottom