• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New gun shop in Salem MA?

Sgt. John Doyle of the Salem PD (in charge of licensing) got up at the meeting and stated that an 07FFL COULDN'T do retail and that an 01FFL was necessary. He also said that the shop owner didn't need an 01 if he planned to do transfers because he could just get an 03 FFL which would allow him to do transfers. He also made the comment that transfers at a shop aren't necessary and that the state prefers that people use the EFA10 system.
(directed at the Sgt, not you)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRQDTpEPEtc

literally everything in that statement is incorrect. the business owner is probably better off for not having to work in a city that has such incompetence at the wheel

Prior to the pandemic, I had to go to Shetland Park on Congress St. several times a year. If I drove there anytime from noon to 6pm, I'd end up sitting in endless traffic (and that's just in Danvers and Peabody when trying to get to Salem). Even worse is going to Marblehead where my wife's family is located and my sister just moved there, as well. Talk about being land-bound. You just can't get there from anywhere.

"The proposal has already garnered opposition, however — most notably from Ward 5 City Councilor Josh Turiel. To date, Turiel said, he hasn't been approached about the business.

Though he acknowledges firearms are "a legal business" and "a legal industry," Turiel said he'd "rather see fewer gun shops than more of them."

"I don't see a strong public benefit to having more of them," Turiel said."

What a DB
That's exactly the way I feel about politicians. There are far too many of them, I would much rather see less of them than more of them.

Prior to the pandemic, I had to go to Shetland Park on Congress St. several times a year. If I drove there anytime from noon to 6pm, I'd end up sitting in endless traffic (and that's just in Danvers and Peabody when trying to get to Salem). Even worse is going to Marblehead where my wife's family is located and my sister just moved there, as well. Talk about being land-bound. You just can't get there from anywhere.
Work from home has been a blessing for me. Just getting to 95 from MHD is 3/4 of the commute.

Back
Top Bottom