• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Gun Shop in Leominster (Old Mill Gun Shop)

Mil-Dot

Instructor
NES Member
Hi All,
There is a new gun shop opening in Leominster! The "Old Mill Gun Shop" is located at 435 Lancaster Street (once the location of Armor Arms). The owner's name is John Poe. I met John today and we talked for a few minutes. John seems like a nice guy and I wish him luck. The shop should be opening in the next week or so. That's pretty much all the info I have at this point.

Last edited:
I was visiting another business in the building when I saw a small sign in the lobby. I tried to find it, but I guess I didnt go far enough into the un-renovated part of the building...

That's just what I need as if IDC and Blue Northern aren't close enough. Hembrows was around for quite a while, but they had to close because their shop was in the basement of their house.

Wife and I stopped in today around noon. Inventory was pretty light, though understandable since they just opened.

That said, they had a BG380 for a decent price.... :)

If they manage to fill that space, it'll definitely be one of the larger gun stores in the area, I think.

I stopped by there yesterday. Nice guys...they told me that they had already sold lots of their stock. I saw a couple of guns that I found interesting:

A S&W 5906 9mm, which appeared to be in good shape with at least one pre-ban mag, they wanted 450.00 for it. It has the adjustable sights and anyone looking for a decent full size traditional 9mm should check this one out IMO.

More interesting was a Remington 600 carbine in .308. I believe that it was also 450. I thought the finish was a little rough, but Model 600's were the original Scout rifles before Jeff Cooper coined the term. They tended to be under appreciated until they quit making them. Light and handy, someone looking for a scoped (not sure of the brand of scope) bolt action carbine should check this one out.

Hopefully, they will be around for awhile. There were other customers in the store and they haven't even remodeled the place yet.

I also stopped by to check it out, nice big space and a good location but not alot of inventory, understandibly so as its so new. Hopefully they'll be able to stock it up and keep the momentum going.

they said they're going to be doing a "build your own" AR class on a saturday in a month or so

checked it out....great amount of floor space they have in there, can't wait to see it done and full.
I didn't get to talk to John much, but I got to shoot the breeze with Eugene alittle, seems like a nice duo.

Just got back from Old Mil Gun Shop.The showcases are stocked now.Here is some of what he has:
Auto ordanance 1911
Remington R1
Walther PPS 9MM
JP Sauer 22 mag s/a with gun belt
Russian SKSsniper with scope
Llama 380
Uberti 44 mag S/A
great deal of the day
Pietta .36 cal BP package gunpowder,balls,wads,loader $175
Rifle racks are nearly full too

Don't forget that beautiful Seecamp that's for sale on consignment:)

Sneaked out of work to check them out...very much in the early stages but seemed liked a good guy. Asked about reloading supplies and he said they would be carrying a wide variety. Also said if they can, they will set up presses in the store and rent them out. Parking is nuts but i parked at the other end of the building and walked. Not a big deal. Will be interesting.

Ill have to drop by to see if they can order me an M&P15-22 for a decent price, I just don't feel like driving to FS.... LOL.

Back
Top Bottom