New Glock Safety Trigger?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Someone sent me this link to a "Siderlock" which replaces the Glock trigger and provides an additional safety mechanism.

http://www.siderlock.com/

No idea of price, who distributes them, or what Glock Armorers think of them.

I'd be curious about some feedback on it.

Looks like an interesting device, though I would be concerned about the possibility of accidentally engaging the lock when you need it free. Also, would it be like some of the revolver locks, that after they are broken in sometimes engage themselves?

Anyone else notice that the first language choice was Espanol?

Besides that, the big questions are does it really work and how will Glock Inc view such a change?

As much as I wish my Glock offered an external safety, I would never use this type of device.

I have a big safety issue with fiddling with a gun trigger in any way, shape, or form unless you are planning to fire the gun.

Warnings:
Before its installation read carefully the instructions.
It is recommendable the installation by an expert user or an armorer. Do not make the installation if you are not sure to do it.
The left-handed shooters have to invert the security pin before the installation.
Make sure that the weapon is discharged without bullet in chamber and without magazine.
Always abide by the necessary security rules.
Test the weapon in qualified sites to do it.
The trigger provided with the key ring is not qualified to be used in the weapon.
Keep out the weapon far of children.

What?[thinking]

I agree with Cross-X, I would not put something like that on any of my guns. The idea that you have to fiddle with the trigger in order to put the gun "on-safe" scares the bejesus out of me -- an AD just waiting to happen.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Reading the feedback, I also come to the conclusion that this is a VERY BAD IDEA!

ALWAYS keep fingers out of the trigger guard until on-target and ready to fire. This means NO safeties attached to the triggers either.

When I posted it, it looked like an ingenious idea and I hadn't thought about the potential consequences. I'm glad I posted it as the "hive mentality" raises issues that may not appear at first blush.

so to put on your safety you have to push a button on the trigger.... that sounds like more of a chance for an accidental discharge then not touching the trigger at all..........

I don't see the point. If someone wants a pistol with a
manual safety they shouldn't have bought a Glock to begin
with. I don't understand the "birdbrain fetsish" with adding
safties to a glock; IMO these devices are in the realm of
gun trash, like sprinco recoil reducers are. (If the gun needed
one, it would have come with it!)

Edit: And even if I thought a manual safety was a good
idea on a glock.... it's still worse than the Cominolli
safety. (a frame mounted glock safety).

-Mike

Last edited:
Back