New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek...I'm planning on being at the Reading match on the 27th. I need to do some dry firing practice to knock some rust off as I'm shooting a bolt gun and rapid can sometimes be a challenge.

Ken...I was in the employ of Uncle Sams Misguided Children from '76 to '80. Spent most of my time in Yuma Az.
Thanks for the welcome.
Frank

I've been here four months and haven't posted an intro yet? Time to rectify that.

I found this place through the Riverside IDPA group. I'm a transplant to Mass, been here about 15 years, and shooting for a year and a half. I'm a member at Mass Rifle in Woburn.

I'm still figuring out just what kind of shooting I like. I've done a little bullseye, pin and plate shooting, and a fair bit of IDPA this year. I like them all.

I've been a little slower to get into long guns but I'm coming up to speed. I just got a CMP Garand to keep my CZ452 company.

Everyone I've met through shooting has friendly and welcoming: a great bunch of folks. I look forward to meeting more of the folks on here.

Dave

Welcome aboard, Dave. I think we spoke briefly at the IDPA practice right before Derek and I went to Perry. I believe you were on the 100 yard range and asked if you were Ross.

A few welcomes to catch up with.

Welcome, Frank & Dave.

SenorFrog, I've been to your bar down in Tijuana, fun place. :D

Screaming Beagle, Scarborough F & G is having a Youth Field day on October 1st if you're interested in bringing your daughter to that. I'm not sure how far away that is for you, but I'll get you more information if you like.

CD

I noticed that Walta44 has joined the forum. Welcome Walta! (we go back a few years :D ) For those interested in old guns (or guns of any kind for that matter) Walt is a WEALTH of information! He's like a walking encyclopedia!! [lol]

Just wanted to welcome all the new folks coming in, I am still new but not for long. If anyone is from Maine let me know!!!!

Screamin Beagle - Anytime. I just wanted to give you a heads up on that in case you were interested.

Foxy.223 - We've got a few Maine members here. I shoot at Scarborough & Falmouth. What area are you in.

CD

I have shot at Scarborough a couple of times, I love it there. They have a great facility. I used to live near the Falmouth range but never had a chance to use it. I live in western maine.

New Guy

Hi, Was directed to this forum by Fours Seasons in Woburn MA. It is nice to have a local forum in the North East where I can relate to most of the subjects discussed. I have lived in eastern MA all my life, (I know...I feel sorry for myself too) but I have deep roots here worth defending. Have been a shooter for over 30 years, and look forward to visiting this new site often. See you on the postings.
Hiker

Hi Guys and Gals.

:D
I just heard about this site last night and decided to see what it is all about. A shooter's Forum in our neck of the woods seems like a good idea. I have been on some national sights but New England is good also. I am a factory worker in one of the Defense Industry and have been a part time Law Enforcement officer for more years than most people have a primary job. I love shooting and hunting. I have made a part time study of guns for more than 40 years and am still learning a lot.
I hope to find a lot of people with the same interests. Jim [lol]

Thanks for the welcome, Lynne.

I`m a long time gun collector, shooter and 16 yr. pt. time employee of Bob`s Tactical in Salibury, MA.(how much longer remains to be seen!) I`m partial to CW, cowboy and military(all eras) although it seems never met a gun I `did`nt like! Like the rest of you trapped in peoples` republic,I`m disgusted by changes in gun laws-My guts churn when I think about it and our apparent helplessness. I`ve been to GOAL rallies with Lynne etal, no-ones listening or cares. Re:"give them the ammo first"-Amen to that, brother! Did Lynne(or lyndon) mention that on weekends we`re Confederate soldiers? He`s(!) a Corporal , Hubbie Ed and I are privates.Perhaps he`ll post a picture of our merry band.

Re: Thanks for the welcome, Lynne.

walta44 said:
I`m a long time gun collector, shooter and 16 yr. pt. time employee of Bob`s Tactical in Salibury, MA.(how much longer remains to be seen!) I`m partial to CW, cowboy and military(all eras) although it seems never met a gun I `did`nt like! Like the rest of you trapped in peoples` republic,I`m disgusted by changes in gun laws-My guts churn when I think about it and our apparent helplessness. I`ve been to GOAL rallies with Lynne etal, no-ones listening or cares. Re:"give them the ammo first"-Amen to that, brother! Did Lynne(or lyndon) mention that on weekends we`re Confederate soldiers? He`s(!) a Corporal , Hubbie Ed and I are privates.Perhaps he`ll post a picture of our merry band.

Already did sweetie!! It's under "Any Re-enactors?" in the Gen. Disc. list. 'bout time you said "hi". :D For those that are wondering - Walter is next to the column on the left in the picture, kinda poking out from behind. The handsom gent with the mustache. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom