New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsmiles said:
hello all. new here.(obviously) heard about this site from a co-worker. born and raised in western mass. don't currently own a gun. however, i'm in the process of getting my class a ltc. btw, anybody know where i can take a gun safety course?

steve :D

Steve, welcome to the forum.

From your location, I have 4 suggestions:

- Check with a local gun shop. There used to be one (~27 yrs ago) in a small plaza just West of I-91 on Rte. 2.

- Check with Franklin County League of Sportsmen's Club (in Deerfield). They should have a list of trainers in the neighborhood. Nice club and friendly folks last time I met/shot with them. [I worked out at Yankee Rowe back in 1978-9 for a Summer and arranged to shoot down there.]

- Call GOAL, 508-393-5333 and ask them for the info on trainers in Greenfield area. Also join up, they are the only gun rights advocacy group we have in MA. www.goal.org

- Contact LARGO, run by Harry Vandoloski out of Hadley, MA. Harry may be a trainer or at least could point you to some. www.largo.org

thank you all for the welcome and for the ideas on training. i deffinetely appreciate it.

Lens, i currently work at VY in vernon. nice to know other nuke security people here. :D

djsmiles said:
thank you all for the welcome and for the ideas on training. i deffinetely appreciate it.

Lens, i currently work at VY in vernon. nice to know other nuke security people here. :D

So if we ever meet we'll know each other, as we'll be the ones with "a certain glow" about us? [lol] [twisted] [lol]

I became good friends with the security director at Yankee Rowe while I worked there. George Murphy was a retired MA State Police Capt as I recall.

I was not in nuclear security. I was an I&C Engineer and responsible for the spec'g and installation of the fire protection system at the plant.

LenS said:
So if we ever meet we'll know each other, as we'll be the ones with "a certain glow" about us? [lol] [twisted] [lol]

So, does that mean we won't need laterns when we camp out at the Octoberfest? :D

Steve,
Welcome to the site. Sorry I can't help out with shooting locations in MA, it's a little out of my area.

CD

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.
My name is Mike, I shoot at Hanson Rod and Gun club, Its a great place to shoot. But I am looking for a range that is 300yrd + so if you know of one in the SE part of MA let me know.

The problem with Reading for anyone in the SE part of the state is this fairly large size city inbetween it and them, called Mordor ... sorry, I meant to say Boston.

Ken

I always thought that trying to find one's way in down town Boston was more like trying to find your way through the caves of the Great Goblin in the Misty Mountains.

"Thief, thief, thief! Reilly! We hates it, we hates it, we hates it forever!!"

Now where'd I put that X ring...

Welcome to the silliness, Supermoto! We try not to take ourselves too seriously here, as you can tell.

Ross

Just signed up today

Hi, New here. From the south shore area. Member at Hanson and Braintree clubs. Have a Sig 229R and an AR-15. Looking for a nice G17 3rd generation that may have LEGALLY come into the state with someone. I'll probably pick up a Ruger Mach III this weekend.

Looks like a good group of people here!

:D

Just stopping by to say hi. I live in Western Maine and do most shooting with my 10 yr old daughter in my field or a sand pit nearby for larger calibers.

And yes, I do have a beagle and hunt him at every opportunity. :)

I'm new to the board and just want to introduce myself. Very nice informative board by the way.
I'm a member at Reading R&R. I shoot smallbore in the winter league and a bit of highpower now and then as time permits as summer is a busy time of year. I've seen Derek at a few HP matches early this summer but have never been formally introduced.

Frank

Welcome to our new members. Please feel free to ask/answer questions and enjoy your stay here!

Welcome Frank,

I'll be at the next 80 shot match at Reading on the 27th, are you going to be there?

Derek

Welcome aboard, Jarhead. I'm guessing that means that you're one of us. If so, when and where? Most of us already have ours posted on the "Military Bubbas" forum.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom