New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Guy

Been reading the posts on this site for a couple of days now. Pretty impressive people out here. I registered and became a member tonight.

Looking forward to some i nteresting conversations and insights.

John

MrsWildweasel said:
Better you Len. I'll stay in where it's air conditioned. [lol] Hope the course went well though despite the weather.

Learned a lot, weather conditions were brutal. More later and in the Training forum.

John, welcome aboard. Hope you learn a lot and share a lot here. Tell us a bit about yourself (interest in firearms)?

Welcome John. There certainly are pretty good folks here...'cept for Derek and Tony. When they mis behave I have to pull their power cords out of the wall for a short time. [lol]

Another new guy.

Hi all. Just posted my first question over in the competition section after registering tonight.

Great stuff all over this site. Clearly lots of knowledge and no shortage of opinions. Exactly what a site like this should be. Good to have a place that has a ton of New England and Mass people since we seem to have our own set of "issues" up here. The local flavor about gun shows, places to shoot, etc.. is also something you don't tend to see on the bigger national boards so I'm glad to be here.

Looking forward to the IDPA class at Riverside at the end of next month, my first time trying out competition shooting.

Steve

Hi all, I am new to the forum and already am pleased with the info provided by everyone here. Hope to help out the best that I can on the forums.

Sorry! I didn't intentionally neglect posting here. [oops]

I'm afraid that my computer time is in short incraments these days, and this is the first chance I've had to pop in here.

If you've read some of my other posts, then you already know that my husband, Tank, is on his second deployment to OIF. The first time around he was in Iraq and this time he is in Kuwait. Although, we volunteered for this tour, and that helps some.

I'm not sure if he will stop in here or not. He just registered as well, and has even more limited computer time than I do.

As for a bit of my interests in shooting, it started out as something to do with my father. He used to hunt, and then got into sporting clays and skeet when I was in high school. I used to work in the skeet house during competitions at his gun club, and started learning to shoot a little myself. It then turned into something for my husband and I to do, and he taught me what I know about handguns. He will try to tell you that I'm a better shot than he is, but don't let him fool you! :) I have a Bursa .380 as a beginning gun, and if I ever get out and practice, might move up to something else eventually. I still tend to prefer a 20 GA shotgun though! ;)

Hello, Just checking in. I don't have any formal training or backround, but a love and respect for shooting. I love shooting long range as well as pistols. It was great to find a local forum so I can squeeze all the knowledge I can out of the experts. :D I look foward to chatting with all of you.

Welcome and we hope you'll learn a lot and share what you know!

Welcome aboard. Any questions about stuff, just ask. There's a wealth of knowledge on this board, from numerous members, and I'm sure you'll be one of them.

hello all. new here.(obviously) heard about this site from a co-worker. born and raised in western mass. don't currently own a gun. however, i'm in the process of getting my class a ltc. btw, anybody know where i can take a gun safety course?

steve :D

Welcome to the forum. I am sure there will be a lot of suggestions, but you may want to try a local range. Most of them offer basic safety courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom