• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello from Brockton Mass

HI all. I'm Danny in Brockton MA. I just got my LTC A with T&H restricted 2 days ago, also brought a SW1911PD the same day( my first gun). I never shoot before, I also just apply to be a member Taunton club yesterday. Hope my application goes fast, so i can shoot my first shot soon. Anyway, wish the best to every one....... See you around....[grin]

Hi all, Mike from Norton here. I'm ex-Army, and have missed going to the range. So, I applied for my LTC in June, and will have it "probably next week." (I heard that in August and September, too) I've been lurking here since July, and I'm looking for a store and a club, both hopefully local.

Hello Mike. Bill from Norton here. Several good clubs around here. Nothing in Norton, but Mansfield, Taunton and Attleboro offer clubs, as well as most of the other town around. There are some good local gunshops too.

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Hi From Norwood

My name is Lorenzo, and after a long absense from active gun sports since moving to MA ( grew up in NH and southern ME ) I will finally be applying for LTC in Norwood. Any advice would be appreciated. Do I bring up my past expired FFL license and experience building custom longrifles for collectors etc and other experience or just keep it simple. Norwood requires a written explaination as to why you want Class A ALP unrestricted. I am most likely joining up with the folks at Ames Gun Club, Seems like a real good group of people

Last edited:
Hello and welcome Lorenzoj,

I am not familar with Norwood myself or I would comment.
Best of luck on the process I would suggest you will not have a problem due to having one in the past.

Hey folks, Shawn from Haverhill here, unhappy possessor of a Class B LTC. Got it when I turned 21 living in Groveland - applied for an A and they told me they didnt give A's out to people my age. Now I have to wait 3 more years for it to expire before I can try to get my A here in Haverhill. Guess in the meantime I'll just stare lustily at all those semi-autos in the cases at the gunshop!

Hello Shawn, also from haverhill here. (member of HHRG?)
Haverhill is green so you should be able to get your LTC-A no restrictions.

Glad you found us - enjoy the site.

Hey folks, Shawn from Haverhill here, unhappy possessor of a Class B LTC. Got it when I turned 21 living in Groveland - applied for an A and they told me they didnt give A's out to people my age. Now I have to wait 3 more years for it to expire before I can try to get my A here in Haverhill. Guess in the meantime I'll just stare lustily at all those semi-autos in the cases at the gunshop!

Would I be wrong here in saying that he may be able to contact the Haverhill PD and renew early? I think I have heard of this happening before(not sure if it was Haverhill or not but we are very green).

sjohns you may want to drop by a BOD meeting at HHRG and inquire about membership and at the same time you can ask the President about this as he is a(very nice) Haverhill Cop. The website is http://www.hhrg.org and the BOD meetings are the last monday of the month.

you may want to drop by a BOD meeting at HHRG and inquire about membership

I'm planning on attending the BOD meeting at the end of this month to get my application started. I took my safety course at HHRG under Jerry Dennig. I hope to have my LTC by mid-Nov/early Dec.
How long does the process usually take from application at the first BOD to acceptance? I know I'll be itching to get out there and put some time in with my new gun, and I'm just trying to see how long I'll have to make the trip up to Bob's in Salisbury and shell out $20 a pop to put range time in...
Thanks, and look forward to meeting you all!
Jeremy

I'm planning on attending the BOD meeting at the end of this month to get my application started. I took my safety course at HHRG under Jerry Dennig. I hope to have my LTC by mid-Nov/early Dec.
How long does the process usually take from application at the first BOD to acceptance? I know I'll be itching to get out there and put some time in with my new gun, and I'm just trying to see how long I'll have to make the trip up to Bob's in Salisbury and shell out $20 a pop to put range time in...
Thanks, and look forward to meeting you all!
Jeremy

To the best of my knowledge(it's chaged since I did it) you should have to go to the BOD meeting a safety course and two membership meetings before you get your card and key. After the first membership meeting and safety/orientation you should be able to use the facilities you just need a member to let you in and back out.

Greetings

Hello folks. Just registered/activated. I am relatively new to the Boston area, and rekindling an interest in firearms. Ironically, I lived in FL for a number of years previously, and never had time to pursue a permit there, though it is super easy to get one. Now that I have arrived in the most difficult of states with regard to LTC permits, I finally have some time to pursue it.

I'm looking forward to learning more about firearms and related issues from the experienced members here at northeastshooters.com.

Hello all. Im Andrew from central MA. Just got by LTC ALP this past August, just a month after my 21st bday! I found this site about a month ago and am glad I did. Current collection includes Mossberg 500, Ruger Hawkeye 77 in .270 for hunting, Walther P22, and the most recent a Glock 23. Im also a member of GOAL and the NRA. There is a lot of good info on here that will keep me entertained for quite a while!

Hi. My name is Fred from Tamworth NH. Been checking out the site and lurking around.
I shoot idpa with my xd 9mm and kimber 45. Looking forward to gain a lot of imformation from site.

Hi, I've lurking here for a while. I'm from Quincy, MA and have limited experience with firearms (3 months so far). A friend brought me down to the range a while back and I caught what he calls "the bug" and so he pointed me in the direction of NES!

-Tyke

Hello All,

Was introduced to this fine group of shooter's by one of your regulars, a real scoundrel of a guy...

Thanks Fooped for taking me on the pumpkin shoot and introducing me to all of these fellow shooters. I had a great time yesterday and look forward to many more...who'd have thought there were so many like minded folks in MA?!?!?

Hi, After lurking around here for a while I decided I should join in the fun. I'm a lifelong Hunter, Fisherman and Shooter who had to move back to the Peoples Republic of Ma. This is a great site, Full of great info. Glad I came across it.

Steve from southeastern ma....Went to the shoot up in Athol back in June and had a good time, minus my truck breaking down 90miles from home. Hoping to attend a few more shoots

Hi All
First time on the site. I live south of Boston and learned to shoot thanks to the Boy Scouts in FLA, a long time ago, and the finer points of shooting thanks to the U.S. Air Force. Just recieved my LTC and in the market for a good conceal gun. This site looks helpful.

Back
Top Bottom