• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello, I'm a new member. I had my license to carry back in 1990. I let it expire to get married and have kids. The kids are grown now and my wife are I going to get back into the shooting sports. I have just applied to get my new LTC last week. I'm a GOAL member so I took there basic pistol course to meet Mass requirement. Great course!! I was very surprised how much the laws have changed. The laws were bad enough when I had my first license. Now they are so bad there dizzying. The newer laws seem to contradict one another?? Some firearms are legal for sale in Mass under one set of laws and then are not legal under another?? I guess I'll learn a lot when the new LTC comes in and I get out to some local shooting stores and see what they have? I bought the new Shooters Digest and I see that some of my favorite firearms are no longer made?? Like the Smith and Wesson model 29. If I knew this was going to happen Id have never sold my collection back in the 90's. If I could kick myself I would!! AUGG! I'm glad I found this site. No such thing as inter net when I used to shoot so this is new to me. I think it's great that local shooters can get together like this. I look forward to exploring the site as well as contributing.

Last edited:
Hello all

Hello everyone,

Just saw the new member thread and thought I'd check in and say hi.

I have lived in southern NH for a little over 6 years . I am fortunate enough to be able to shoot in my backyard, though I don't get to as often as I'd like. I'm hoping to get started in IDPA this year so that should be fun and educational.

This seems to be a great forum and I look forward to being a part of it.

Thanks,

Sean

Thanks guys,

NHtimba, at least you can always hit Manchester firing line when you get the itch to blast a few rounds.

-Sean

Very true ...but then again , opening the door and standing on the back porch sure would be nice [wink] maybe when I get my new place and get out of Manch..time will tell

You should go "green" it pays for itself in more ways than one ...trust me

best $19 I spent in a long time [smile]

Hey everyone, I'm new to posting on this forum (although I've been reading everything I can on here for the past few months) and figured it was time for me to register so I could take part in conversations instead of just reading them.

I live in a "red" town in southeast MA and have been shooting at public ranges intermittently for the past year. I just applied for my LTC-A a few days ago, although I have no chance of getting ALP due to my being 22 years old and a first time applicant in a red town. Just sayin hi

Hey, all,

I recently joined and am contemplating getting my license. This will, no doubt, be made more difficult due to my wife being one of those rabid gun-haters. She gives my son a hard time about his nerf guns and the "message" they send.

I'm now signed up for a basic safety course and am indeed proceeding with getting that LTC. The conversation with Mrs. Monty went something like this:

Me: "Now that you're opening a new business, you'll no doubt be keeping odd hours and carrying cash from time to time. I'd feel better if you carried pepper spray."

Mrs. Monty, "Wow. That's kinda thoughtful."

Me: "But in order to do that and not be a criminal, you need a license to possess it. I've filled out the paperwork for it - you just need to review it and sign it. Oh, I left answer for "weight" blank because I DO NOT want to screw that answer up."

Mrs. Monty: "Wow. I didn't know you needed a license for that."

Me: "Odd, isn't it? Now, I also know that you won't actually go out and buy the pepper spray, so I'll need a license as well. But I won't get a restricted one."

Mrs. Monty: "I guess that works. I wouldn't know where to buy that stuff anyway."

Howdy all, new member checking in.
I participate all disiplines of shooting but mostlly focus my time in the rimfire arena. I enjoy the precision of benchrest marksmenship with my .22 rifles and I participate in the Maspenock Bullseye Gallery Pistol Match here in Massachusetts.

I'm a regular participant on other rimfire type boards and thought I'd sign up here in my local area. .... Good to be among the home boys and locals.

I can see this site is active and packed with valuable resource of information.

Good shooting!

M.S.

Just joined from the North Shore in MA

Hello,

I just joined. I have been reading the forum for a while. I live in MA on the North Shore and have an interest in doing some recreational shooting. I live in a Black town and have no previous gun ownership experience. My last shooting experience was a few years ago when I went through a "Citizens Police Academy" course and got to shoot an officer's Glock for an evening at Bob's Gun range in Salisbury.

From the comments I've read regarding my town, I think I can get a LTC B first then possibly a LTC A at renewal time. For now I'm interested only in recreational shooting. From what I've read, with an LTC B I could not own a gun with a high capacity clip, but I'm not sure what the other restrictions there would be. How often is an LTC renewed?

In the mean time, I've read I could possibly rent a gun at Bob's gun range to shoot there. What would I need to do this? I have an FID card that I got many years ago, and during the evening at Bob's a few years ago, we went through a gun safety course before being allowed to shoot the Glocks.

Finally is there a FAQ or good site for novices you could point me to?

Thanks,

John

Hey all, I've joined recently and done a couple posts as some of you have seen, but wanted to officially introduce myself. I'm Steve, my fiance and I live in Plymouth MA with our black lab mix Brody whom we adopted back in January, and I've only recently taken up shooting. I joined the Plymouth Rod and Gun club and bought my first pistol (Smith & Wesson M&P .40) a few months ago. I'm quickly taking a big interest in shooting, I find it both enjoyable and relaxing if I've had a stressful day. Looking to get myself a few more guns, but primarily a shotgun and rifle so I can take up hunting. I've been only once before and it was bow hunting and I loved it.

Holy moly 4 in a row :)

Welcome to Mass Shooter - glad to have another shooter with us.

Hello Lauria - best of luck on the LTC as well as employement

Perfpix - Glad to see you determined to get your license. Sorry you have to jump through the hoops to do so. This whole site is good for novices - have question just ask... but search first ;)

Hello rather-b-shootin - thanks for the support of the forum - hope you find it as useful as the rest

Howdy. Found this site through another board I frequent and through lord1234's recommendation. Took a class by Mike-Mike and he was fantastic. He encouraged me to stop just reading and actually join up. :D

I've enjoyed reading all the info on here and hope that I can contribute something useful at some point. ;)

Greetings all. I signed up a little while ago but haven't had a chance to introduce myself. I'm mid-fifties newcomer to firearms. I live in Southern NH. I say newcomer because the last time I had shot anything until a year ago, I was still in Boy Scouts. My son had always been interested in shooting sports and self-defense and when he turned 21, he went out and got himself a Glock 17. Well I had two choices at that point......take the "No guns in my house!" route OR..... re-discover something I had always looked forward to at summer camp! So I picked up a $100.00 Marlin 99c, then I got a nice S&W Model 22a Target Pistol.. (both used of course). I also dug out a 1936 Colt .38 Police Positive that I picked up about 25 years ago. And most recently I won an awesome S&W .40 cal M&P. We're both members at the local shooting club and shoot every Tuesday in a small bore league. We've recently been introduced to reloading and we're looking forward to pursuing that as a hobby too.

New guy here, just checking in and saying hello..."hello"
Have every intention of going green once I get the license back (looong story, will post in Gun Laws: Mass.:How long?)

Back
Top Bottom