New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi folks! I was referred to NES by a friend when I mentioned I was going to apply for my LTC, and have been lurking here for a bit. I work in IT, and live in Maynard, MA. Just got my license today, so figured I should say hello. NES is an excellent resource, and seems like a good group of people!

Hello, I've been reading threads in here for a while. Decited to join yesterday. I have alot of experiance with guns with whole family being in law enforcement. however I just decited to get my own permint just a couple months ago.

I have two questions. I went to purchase my first gun yesterday and they put a 5 day hold on my purchase. Does that sound right to anybody?

Second question I live in Mass so the gun I attempted to buy was a pre-ban Glock 23 .40 what do you guys/girls think about my first purchase?

hey,

i get a hold EVERY time. Some have told me it is because my info is close to a known felon, and others have told me it is normal for the hold the FIRST time you buy. If this happens to you again on another buy, let me know, I can give you the steps I am currently doing to get it rectified. Good Luck.

Hello...

My name is Rich and I am from the Taunton area. I did have have my LTC when I lived in Raynham but I didn't renew in Taunton because I did not want to "gamble" with $100 by having getting denied by Taunton. I had a LTC issued twice by Raynham with no problems. It's been a few years now since my LTC has expired.

I love shooting, guns ect and would love to get my LTC back but not knowing how gun friendly TPD is prevents me from taking the "gamble"..............

Again, Hello and kepp up the good work on this site!
Rich

NH new-b signing in

Hi all
I am in south/central NH. Been shooting for about 35 years, I reload and hunt too. I guess I am kind a general enthusiast with long guns, I like wheel guns better than semis for handguns. I belong to a small club, like photography, cooking, and Boston sports teams. I am on the quarterly payment plan for becoming a life NRA member.
I'be been lurking here for a couple of years on and off [grin] , I also frequently lurk & occasionally post on a few other firearms forums. It's great to finally sign in here on this one. Reading about places I know and visit puts a whole new polish on the topics posted here.

My name is Rich and I am from the Taunton area. I did have have my LTC when I lived in Raynham but I didn't renew in Taunton because I did not want to "gamble" with $100 by having getting denied by Taunton. I had a LTC issued twice by Raynham with no problems. It's been a few years now since my LTC has expired.

I love shooting, guns ect and would love to get my LTC back but not knowing how gun friendly TPD is prevents me from taking the "gamble"..............

Again, Hello and kepp up the good work on this site!
Rich

Rich, from everything I have seen, Taunton is a good town for issuing LTC, ALP. Unless you have a reason to think Taunton will turn up something in your past that Raynham did not, you shouldn't have a problem.

You probably would have to take another "Certified Cours". If you do, it might be a good idea to go down to the Taunton Gun Club on a Sunday Morning or a Friday night, and get the names off the wall of some local certified trainers. While you're there, ask some of the members what Taunton is like for licenses. and dig out any other information you can.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to ALL the new folks. Nice to have you with us.

Bill

Thanks Depicts!

Thanks for the info. I come from a Security/Law Enforcement backround, so I am not worried about "past history".

I hope I do not have to take another safety course(I thought you only had to take it once) but if the the Dept. tells me I have to............

Anyways, with the positive response you gave, I just might take the "gamble".

Thanks again!

Rich

Hi,

I'm new to all of this. So new, in fact, that I'm still working on getting an LTC/A (*fingers crossed*). Being in MA means that it isn't easy, so I'm still working on a really good letter for myself and my references. I also need to take the required safety course, but I don't think it will be a problem. Hopefully it will all work out :)

I was introduced to this website by a friend of mine. He took me to the range and we shot his .22 LR and SKS rifle. The shots on my first target were always off, but usually grouped together. The second target, however, was almost 99% on-center. Since I have always been terrible at sports, I thought it was pretty cool that I could decently shoot. Yeah, it was at a measly 10 yards, but it was impressive to me ;) I took the targets home with me and hung them on the doors :p

-G

I figure I should actually post in here and intro. myself. Been here for almost 5 months so I guess it's finally time ^_^
Name's Robert and I'm over in the "greater" Springfield area.
LTC A for 4/5 months
Member with GOAL and NRA
non-active Cpl USMC

Hi,

I'm new to all of this. So new, in fact, that I'm still working on getting an LTC/A (*fingers crossed*). Being in MA means that it isn't easy, so I'm still working on a really good letter for myself and my references. I also need to take the required safety course, but I don't think it will be a problem. Hopefully it will all work out :)

I was introduced to this website by a friend of mine. He took me to the range and we shot his .22 LR and SKS rifle. The shots on my first target were always off, but usually grouped together. The second target, however, was almost 99% on-center. Since I have always been terrible at sports, I thought it was pretty cool that I could decently shoot. Yeah, it was at a measly 10 yards, but it was impressive to me ;) I took the targets home with me and hung them on the doors :p

-G

Good luck getting your LTC - If you're looking for a generic template for reference letter you can work with this.

To Whom It May Concern:

(Your Name) has asked me to provide a recommendation letter for his/her Massachusetts Class A Firearms permit. I am not related to (Your Name) but know him as a family friend. We first met about 15 years ago and have remained in touch ever since.

I believe (Your Name) to be of good character and that he will accept the responsibilities involved seriously, and know of no reason why he should not be granted a Class A Firearms permit. I recommend that you approve his application.

Sincerely,

I used this template but added some stuff.... Not much though.

oh my god I'm GREEN

I just did not think it would mean so much to me but I am smiling ear to ear about being green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why the @#@$ did I wait so long I should have done this day 1

Thank you Thank you Thank you
Dan

Hello everyone.

Hello everyone. I thought I would stop in and say hi. I grew up with guns my whole life in Pennsylvania and moved here when I was 16 I am now 34. I have several guns still at my fathers that one day I hope to bring up here. I put my application in at the Stoneham Police Department on Tuesday and have a scheduled interview on the 8th of Sept. I dont know why I waited so long to finally do it but I am now. I miss not being able to target shoot, ect ect. I only got to do it when I went back to see my father. I am baffled by all of the stringent gun laws here. As a law abiding citizen I am doing what is needed for my LTC-A. I am amazed that I have to write a personal letter to the chief though with reasons on why I should get my LTC-A I have read many posts on here on how it varies so much from town to town. You would think there would be a more standard system. Oh well maybe someday. Anyway I just came in to introduce myself and hope to have dialouge with many of you in the future.

Just joined and went Green

Hello everyone. I’m from the Berkshires and have been around guns my whole life. I’m more than forty and have had a LTC - ALP since I was 21. I’ve had the pleasure of shooting many different guns because of the sportsman’s club I was a member of for 9 or 10 years. I own a number of Glocks and used to have as many Sigs. AR’s and M1A’s are my current fancy. My brother told me about Northeastshooters.com after meeting a member. We’re working on building up a couple AR lowers as soon as we can get parts.
Looking forward to hanging out hear [smile]
--
John
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

My name is John I've been looking at the forum for months now and finally pulled the trigger....no pun intended. I'm relatively new to shooting and have found myself sucked into the world of Trap. I played paintball for 15 years in local and national tournaments and this was the next logical step.

Glock transfer

I'm new to the forum, but do have a question already.
Any help woul be appreciated.
I found a FFL in MA that would transfer a Glock from NY, for the $40 fee.
Am I going to be legal with the gun?

Back
Top Bottom