New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi Folks, I was told of this site by a friend who is a member. Glad to be one of you. I like the whole regional aspect of this.
My name is Steve. I'm from little Rhody. I'm an NRA certified instructor and RSO at the range I go to in Warwick RI.

I think this a a very bad time coming up for the Constitution, and hope we all band together across the country to protect it.
Looking forward to talking to you.

Howdy gang,
Craig here.
somewhat new to the shooting sport and this board. recently licensed. Ma**h*** by birth and upbringing. had my FID at 18 many years ago. school outta state in North Dakota and moved back with the intention of renewing 10 years ago. just now got around to it. Mass has a pretty intimidating licensing process and its damn expensive. You really need to be motivated to go through the process, but I'm glad I did. plug for first defense firearms in Uxbridge, MA. Great basic safety course and the owners really define "customer service". I don't feel like an idiot when i go in there or ask questions as a newbie.

Glad that NES is here and what a wealth of knowledge! Has really helped lessen the learning curve.

Hope to meet some people at the local gatherings or ranges. I am in worcester county, down by the RI boarder.

Anyone else in the area belong to Whitnsville, Uxbridge, NIPMUC, Hopedale, or Graft R&G clubs? Looking for recommendations.

Thanks for reading.

Hi everyone! I found this site when doing a Google search on getting an LTC for me and my wife. We live in Shrewsbury and just completed the NRA Home Firearm Safety Course and got our State Police Safety Certificates. Next step is to turn in our applications to the town. She's had no real firearms experience. I've done some range shooting off and on over the years, but it's been a little while. We're doing this for a few reasons...first of which, it's our Constitutional right and we're going to use 'em all if we please. It's something we've thought about for personal and home protection, as well as the enjoyment & camaraderie of shooting with others for recreation.

If anyone has any tips on the best way to ensure we get our LTC-ALP without restrictions, we'd sure appreciate it....as well as any tips on good nearby gun clubs, dealers - just general help for a couple of newbies would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wes

Hi folks, I'm Steve. I found this site from a friend who is a member.. I'm from RI. I am a certified instructor and RSO at the range I go to in Warwick RI. I love teaching someone who has never been involved with firearms before. I think, ahhh yea, there's one more for our side.

Hello YankeeSpirt76

Your doing good work :) bring many more to our side.
Glad you found the site and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hi Folks,

I found this site doing some research for my LTC in MA. It has been most helpful. I used to spend most of my time on "Stripers On Line" now I am addicted to this site.

Grew up in Maine. Work took me to CA for 7 years, then to NJ for 2 years (tough to get my ID there!), then to Boston since 1997. Spend time between MA and Maine throughout the year.

I obtained my LTC-A a few weeks ago. Pretty fast process in Winchester, MA (less than 3 weeks).

Anyway, good to be here, and learn from you all.

Hello Maine Guide,

Glad to have you on board. Happy to hear your LTC process went smoothly.
Look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hey Everyone,

My name is Joe and I currently reside in Grafton, MA. I just bought my first gun last week (M&P 40) and think I have a case of gun fever! I can't stop thinking and reading about guns, haha! Is that normal? It sure is a lot of fun.

I am really trying to learn as much as I can so that I can enjoy the sport safely and learn the proper ways to handle and use my gun before I start carrying it for protection. Luckily, I have reconnected with an old schoolmate who has really been great answering my questions and teaching me the finer points of shooting. I have also used this forum to look up questions and I am currently reading Chris Bird's "The Concealed Carry Handgun Manual."

I heard of NES from my GOAL class and my buddy. I look forward to talking to you all.

Joe

Hey Everyone,

My name is Joe and I currently reside in Grafton, MA. I just bought my first gun last week (M&P 40) and think I have a case of gun fever! I can't stop thinking and reading about guns, haha! Is that normal? It sure is a lot of fun.
Welcome, Joe. Yeah, you're normal... for gunnies, that is. [smile] And I'm not sure that there's any cure for gun fever. Temporary relief can be found by buying another gun and taking it to the range. This is only temporary, though... usually the "cure" only lasts until you see another cool gun you have to have, and have enough money for it. Just repeat as necessary. [wink]

Don't worry, though... you're not alone. Several members of my Masonic Lodge (located in your town) have the fever, too...

Welcome, Joe. Yeah, you're normal... for gunnies, that is. [smile] And I'm not sure that there's any cure for gun fever. Temporary relief can be found by buying another gun and taking it to the range. This is only temporary, though... usually the "cure" only lasts until you see another cool gun you have to have, and have enough money for it. Just repeat as necessary. [wink]

Don't worry, though... you're not alone. Several members of my Masonic Lodge (located in your town) have the fever, too...

Haha, phew! I already have a list of the type of guns I want and their caliber. Now I just need to open a savings account, do my research and make it happen!

Thanks for the welcome dwarven1 and mrs wild weasel

Hi all, finally decided to open up on here. Been cruising around for the past year or so. Have had gun fever since I can remember (parents always had them out and taught me respect early on). Buying a house with fiance soon and already making plans to turn one of the spare rooms (or possibly the barn) into a little work area for my little hobby. Aquired a few old .22lr and a Mossberg .410 that need refinishing.

Hello Snake,

Glad you decided to join in the discussions.
Best of luck with all the excitement upcoming in your life.
Make sure to dedicate a room early for firearms and reloading activities... she can't say anything if its discussed before a purchase :)

Hello Snake,

Glad you decided to join in the discussions.
Best of luck with all the excitement upcoming in your life.
Make sure to dedicate a room early for firearms and reloading activities... she can't say anything if its discussed before a purchase :)

Thanks pacman,

She has no problem with firearms, but doesn't know much about my reloading plans (7x57 is hard for me to find).
The whole room is for my own personal use.
Plus, I plan to get her to obtain her own unrestricted LTC-A. Moving to a nice, quiet green town in the northwest corner of Middlesex county.

New Guy from New Bedford

Just wanted to hello,

I've had my LTC class A (no restrictions) for 15 years but just bumpped into this website.

Lots of good info on here,
Nelson

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!

Hi...I have been checking in for awhile but it is a bit busy here in Baghdad and I have forgotten if I "checked in". I've been here for about 4 months out of two 3-mo TDY's for Dept. of State. Long time owner and user of .303/.22/.410 long guns & .22 magnum revolver. Sold all but the .303 and .22 mag., but those were stolen while in 'secure storage'.

Found your site from one of your url displays on another site... The Firing Line, USACarry, USConcealed Carry. Former fraud investigator/etc., presently prefer sites with classifieds so can get idea of the market before return to MA and buy a replacement handgun for daily carry. I like the HP, but feel I should go smaller for convenience. Open to experience of others on this, as have some time before making up my mind. Will be in a 'green' town, permit-wise..

Hello Llama,

Great to have you here. Thanks for your service.
You will find plenty of the information your looking for and we are open for questions when you can't find it.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom