New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

FNG

By way of introduction, I'm one of those retired folks living on Cape Cod and with what's going on in the country and world, I decided it was time to get back into shooting and reloading, so here I am. I retired in 1988 having served as a dustoff helicopter pilot in Vietnam, a flight instructor at the U.S. Army Flight School and then accepting a flight instructor's position with the Massachusetts Guard. After about 24 years of it I decided to let the younger crowd go for it.

I've been reading the reloading forums for awhile and decided to jump in with both feet so I'll be picking some brains as I go along.

I'll ask a silly question here.....notice that in the classifieds there's often a "BUMP" answer. That means what?

new guy

just wanted to say hi to everyone. mike-mike has been bugging me to check out this forum for quite a while now. my name is pat and i have only been shooting for about a year now when mike-mike brought me to my first idpa shoot at wpr. I like everything i've been reading and look forward to future topics.

Welcome Dustoff, Thank you for your service!

Welcome Glocky, that's kinda catchy. Sounds like some rare disease where the sufferer experiences random urges to shoot plastic guns.

[wink] Just ribbin' ya. Glocks are cool.

just wanted to say hi to everyone. mike-mike has been bugging me to check out this forum for quite a while now. my name is pat and i have only been shooting for about a year now when mike-mike brought me to my first idpa shoot at wpr. I like everything i've been reading and look forward to future topics.

Guys, Pat is a great guy... We just need to get him to post more.

Hello,
We are newbies. We both picked up our LTC Class A no restrictions yesterday. We had absolutely no problems. They were very supportive. We had no problems. Wait time was 4 weeks to the day. We got our training at the Lawrence Rod & Gun Club. They were super nice people.

We haven't joined a gun club yet and wondered if anyone had any recommendations on the Massachusetts North Shore.

Thanks!

Hi

I used to shoot bbs and 22 rifles at summer camp.
I just got my LTC in December.....Christmas present to myself.
I'm practicing with a Ruger Mark II with red dot sight.
I really like the gun.

I tried Trap shooting several times and plan on doing more of it
when the warmer weather comes(trap field closed at club until April.)
I'm really proud that I got a ham at the last hamshoot at my club.

I'm a member of Tewksbury Rod and Gun, NRA and GOAL.

I've been a Ham Radio operator for 20 years but just got on
the air in 2007.

I'm enjoying my hobbies....look forward to meeting you guys
at events.

BigBird[smile]

Well here is a little update, as promised. Both of us were able to submit our apps, on the 23rd of Jan. Thought we would have been able to do it sooner, but the LEO wanted 2 notorized letters of reference, which we did not know about. No big deal, just an unexpected glitch easily fixed. We did not need letters to the chief or jump thru any hoops. Since I had that glitch on my record, the officer looked it up BEFORE taking any money from either of us, he said " I don't want to take any cash from you if you are going to have a problem". He looked it up for me right their, and said that since it was dismissed, and happened so long ago, I have nothing to worry about and we should be calling us in about a month to give us our LTC-A ALP. While we were getting our photo's done and finger printed a detective walked by and said with a smile, (which we thought was pretty funny, as he looked at my wife and me) " oooh, girls with guns, ooh la-la, better look out buddy." The overall experience with the officer was most positive. Unfortunately, the officer who does the permits is leaving for California, to retire. This means a new officer will be replacing him, and I am not sure how this person will be. The officer was very impressed with how in order we had our paperwork, and he was able to fly right thru the process, all via computer. We actually left with our original applications, I thought they would keep them on file or something, oh well, I will just file it with everything else. Right at this moment, I would call Fitchburg, light green according to the chart, but we have not gotten our LTC's yet, so please do not quote me on that. I have not seen to many post from people in Fitchburg yet, the site is huge so I just may have not found it yet. We are keeping our fingers crossed and will report the results as soon as I come back from the station picking up our LTC's. Good luck to all, and thanks to the admins for a awsome web site. PS, GOING GREEN TODAY!!!

Now I'm Green Thanks to CABRIO330!

My name is Charlie and I'm a long time user of NES. I recently sold an item to Dave (CABRIO330). When we met for the exchange he was exremely enthusiastic about NES and the benefits it afforded, and he strongly urged me to become an "formal" member. In fact he was so positive about NES that he insisted on paying my membership fee for the first year! Now that's truly amazing! Thanks, Dave!!

I am more of a collector than an hunter or shooter but I truly enjoy this site. I only wish there were more WTS listings in the Classifieds. So, guys and girls, please check your safes and convert some of those seldom used items into cash! Cheers!

New Dealer Membership

Hi

Been lurking for a while and just became legitimate! Going full time as gun
dealer after 2 years part time. Also retiring after 32 years as full time police
officer. Please see me under Antique Armory in dealer forum. Located in middleboro Ma. Great board! Happy to Join!

Ted F

Hello Linecmdr,

Glad your here with us on the board. Thanks for your 32 years of service.
Best of luck on your business venture.

New User

Hi all, my name is Chris (jester125) I’m 34yo live in Plymouth MA. I just found this website after I made the decision to pursue this hobby again. I took the Basic Firearms Safety course about 6 years ago and got my certificate from a local instructor but never put my app in for a Class A because of wife reasons. So now I would like get into firearms/shooting because now the wife issues have been resolved and my friend just acquired his Class A and a few nice handguns from a relative. I am a complete newby and look foward to posting plenty of questions in the near future. I've got one now so I guess I'll head over to the Mass Gun Laws page. See Ya

Hello Jester125,

Glad to see you making your way back into the mix. Hope you find the forum helpful. Best of luck on the application process.

Gregg here, recently relocated South of Boston after a few years in VT. From LI originally finished college here. Never bothered with gun permits when I was in school(left my firearms out of state). Decided to jump through the hoops now that I'm living here probably for awhile. Just got the study book from Zero hour haven't cracked it yet. Screenname is a reference to sailplane flying.

Another n00b

Hi Folks,

Todd here, just joined up as I'm getting back into gun ownership here in the people's republik of MA. I'm out in Boylston (part of the "Emerald Necklace" around Worcester [wink]) and put in for my LTC this past Monday. I traveled waay too much early on for it to be practical to own much anything here in MA, but now that I'm settled in I decided to wade through the administria of MA licensing. I grew up in OH, where pretty much anything went, back in the day.

I'll be joining the WPRC in town tonight, and will hopefully be plinking away by sometime in March.

Hello Todd,

Glad to see you getting back into the mix. Lots of great people and knowledge here hope you find it helpful.

Enjoy

John, here.

I haven't fired a weapon or been to a gun show in 30+ years, but finally decided to become a little more active in my long-time interest, the Old West, by cashing in my coin collection and buying a few period reproductions for target shooting and display.

Got a quick question; can't start threads yet, so I'll ask it here: What's etiquette at gun shows? That is, how do you pay? I'm going to the Barre, VT, show tomorrow and I'm wondering whether they take plastic, or should I break out my money belt?

Got a quick question; can't start threads yet, so I'll ask it here: What's etiquette at gun shows? That is, how do you pay? I'm going to the Barre, VT, show tomorrow and I'm wondering whether they take plastic, or should I break out my money belt?
Welcome back to the gun world, John.

I'd say both - bring enough cash for any anticipated purchase. You will likely find that vendors are more likely to dicker for cash for the simple reason that their costs are lower - credit cards charge fees to the merchant. Many vendors will give a discount. Who knows, maybe they even understate their earnings - I never asked, and don't want to know.

But I'd recommend cash. Besides... some merchants, especially private sellers, won't take credit cards.

Another new guy...

Hi Everyone,
My name is Alex and I live in Melrose. I have never so much as fired a gun and the first time I handled a gun was in my firearms safety class. I am patiently waiting for the call from the Melrose Police Dept. to let me know my license is in. Should be any day now, I already did the prints and picture. I plan on buying and .22 to start and joining Mass Rifle.

During the day I sell military electronics and on the weekends I am an MMA promoter. Checkout WCFighting.com for info on that. I am also very interested in old Toyota Land Cruisers which explains my username.

Back
Top Bottom