New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello,
My name is Frank Capone. I attended the July 4th shoot with dench. What a great time. Anyway, I also am the district 7 coordinator for the MassLPA. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Oh, for those of you who have never heard of the Massachusetts Liberty Preservation Association, we are a non-partisan organization working towards a properly functioning constitutional government.

Welcome to the forum, 11chaos. Man, the lighting in your pic is so weird, you look like one of those cardboard standees!

No I am just that ugly and your eyes have a hard time adjusting to the ugliness of me.[crying] but yet I am [smile]

Welcome guys!

Mr. Boyd, thank you for your service!
Must be nice for your ship to have an on-board surfboard repairman![laugh]

Thank you and history time children.

Seabees don't do ships.

The Seabees are the Construction Battalions (CBs) of the United States Navy. The Seabees have a history of building bases, bulldozing and paving thousands of miles of roadway and airstrips, and accomplishing myriad other construction projects in a wide variety of military theatres dating back to World War II.

Seabees cut a mountain in half to make way for a nearly two-mile long runway. Cubi Point turned out to be one of the largest earthmoving projects in the world, equivalent to the construction of the Panama Canal. The $100 million facility was commissioned on July 25, 1956 and comprised an air station and an adjacent pier that was capable of docking the Navy's largest carriers. Another example of Can Do -- Done!

In 1971 the Seabees began their largest peacetime construction project, on Diego Garcia, an atoll in the Indian Ocean. The project lasted 11 years and cost $200 million. The base accommodates the Navy’s largest ships and biggest military cargo jets, and proved invaluable during Operation Desert Shield/Operation Desert Storm. During the Gulf War, more than 5,000 Seabees (4,000 active and 1,000 reservists) served in the Middle East. They built advanced bases, constructed air fields with hardstands for Marine aircraft, provided petroleum and water facilities, and accompanied the Marines into Kuwait. Active and reserve battalions served in-country and in other support locations worldwide.

There are currently about 18,000 Navy Seabees serving worldwide. Two thirds of today's Seabees are reservists.
In other words we are the best!!!

[rofl], thank you for the lesson. I am quite aware of the history of the Seabees. However, I assume that Seebees do not walk to their destination, especially when it is far into the Pacific (WWII). I bet they crossed the ocean IN SHIPS.[shocked][laugh]

No I am just that ugly and your eyes have a hard time adjusting to the ugliness of me.[crying] but yet I am [smile]

Thank you and history time children.

Seabees don't do ships.

The Seabees are the Construction Battalions (CBs) of the United States Navy. The Seabees have a history of building bases, bulldozing and paving thousands of miles of roadway and airstrips, and accomplishing myriad other construction projects in a wide variety of military theatres dating back to World War II.

Seabees cut a mountain in half to make way for a nearly two-mile long runway. Cubi Point turned out to be one of the largest earthmoving projects in the world, equivalent to the construction of the Panama Canal. The $100 million facility was commissioned on July 25, 1956 and comprised an air station and an adjacent pier that was capable of docking the Navy's largest carriers. Another example of Can Do -- Done!

In 1971 the Seabees began their largest peacetime construction project, on Diego Garcia, an atoll in the Indian Ocean. The project lasted 11 years and cost $200 million. The base accommodates the Navy’s largest ships and biggest military cargo jets, and proved invaluable during Operation Desert Shield/Operation Desert Storm. During the Gulf War, more than 5,000 Seabees (4,000 active and 1,000 reservists) served in the Middle East. They built advanced bases, constructed air fields with hardstands for Marine aircraft, provided petroleum and water facilities, and accompanied the Marines into Kuwait. Active and reserve battalions served in-country and in other support locations worldwide.

There are currently about 18,000 Navy Seabees serving worldwide. Two thirds of today's Seabees are reservists.
In other words we are the best!!!

Hi my name is Andy from Dalton, Ma. Thanks for having me aboard, look forward to hearing from a lot of you guys.

Andy is good people - we suffer together behind the gun counter at Dicks Sporting Goods. Hopefully, you will meet Andy soon at one of our Members Shoots, but in the meantime, if you're wondering what Andy looks like, you don't have to go far:

www.topratedadventures.com/Mfg/HunterDan_HDEH-001.jpg

Andy is good people - we suffer together behind the gun counter at Dicks Sporting Goods. Hopefully, you will meet Andy soon at one of our Members Shoots, but in the meantime, if you're wondering what Andy looks like, you don't have to go far:

www.topratedadventures.com/Mfg/HunterDan_HDEH-001.jpg

I hope your Gun counter is better than the one at the Dick's store at Blackstone valley mall. Those guys aren't very helpful.
Anyhow welcome aboard!
When I used to race, we'd say "go fast, turn left" I guess as a shooter, you could say "point downrange and squeeze slowly"

Hi.

Name is Dan Feeney, I live in Lowell (Umass Lowell Grad - Plastics Engineering). Currently working in Acton, MA and waiting for my LTC to show up (even though Lowell only gives a restricted Hunting and Sporting).

Hopefully will be checking out the Westford club this weekend and join there so that I have a place to shoot when I get my LTC.

none for me, first time applicant and i got ALP class A in two days less than a month--and we submitted the application while the police station was running on emergency power back in december, ha!

Hey all! Aaron here. Love the site so far. Tons of great info!

Been shooting my whole life with relatives and friends, but only just recently got my LTC app filed. Applied in Milton. The LO, Lt. Brian Cherry, seemed like a great guy. He told me that the COP's policy is to give first time applicants a class A target and sport and that when I renew I'll get one with no restrictions.

I see people saying Milton is a green town in other threads, but I'd say its red. I now have to wait 6 years (unless I move and reapply elsewhere) for a license without restrictions - that is if Milton still has the same COP and he keeps his alleged word. 6 years is a long time.

Greetings! Greg from Framingham here -

Just picked up my LTC Class A with no restrictions and I'm looking forward to learning more and more from the forum. I found it tremendously helpful last month when completing my application to read many experiences from members and I just wanted to say thank you!

Greg

Hello Everyone,

Cory & Allyssa here in Fitchburg, we are both dropping off our applications Tuesday for LTC ClassA ALP, hopefully we will have no problem. I have one minor ding on my record, but my wifes is squeaky clean. We will keep you updated to the progress. Nice to meet you all.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom