New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

don't stop there. Write your local rep AND your Congresscritter - let them know that you're out there, that you don't want to see them voting for gun bans, etc.
Thanks Dwarven1

I communicate regularly with my State Reps, congressman and Senators, although the latter can never seem to find time to respond [rolleyes]. I have a drawer full of communications. I strongly urge everyone to do the same. They may not always respond the way you like (actually hardly ever), but with enough of us contacting them they can't ignore us. These are serious times and we can't stand by and let our liberties slip away little by little, it's not just the 2nd, it's everything ( I LIKE trans fats). I'll save the rest for an appropriate forum post.

Jerry

hello! New guy here, though some may know me from other non-gunmo forums.

From rural NH originally, but left for school in RI and currently reside in MetroWest, MA. Would like to get back to NH eventually!

Have a history of hunting and sport shooting, primarily with long rifles in NH. Just got my LTCA (Sporting Restriction, unfortunately) and bought my first pistol last weekend. S&W M&P9. Have yet to shoot it though!

Looking forward to getting to know shooters in the area and absorbing as much info as possible. Will be researching the "evil black rifles" a lot, as I think an AR will be my next big purchase!

Best,

Greg

Welcome to all the newbies.

Well, damn. Someone who gets it - that we have to FIGHT to keep our rights. A bit +1 to you, Sir.

All you other newbies, pay attention!! Jerry here has it right - he went and joined GOAL & NRA - now, Jerry, don't stop there. Write your local rep AND your Congresscritter - let them know that you're out there, that you don't want to see them voting for gun bans, etc.

IOW, don't just get the membership card, follow through!

You other new folks, I hope that you do the same - if ALL the gun owners in MA joined GOAL, Jim Wallace of GOAL would get one hell of a lot more respect than he does when he walks into the state house. Imagine the difference between now - when he says "I've got 5000 gun owners that I represent" and that ideal condition when he could say "I've got 250,000 gun owners that I represent".

Lets try and make that come true, shall we?

And he went GREEN [cheers]

Bill Boyd,
Navy Seabee Chief,
Popeye.jpg

18years in and a couple more to go,
MK19, M240B, M2 Instructor three years ago
Carried a 45 & M1 in Colombia
Carried a M9 & M203 in Afghan

My pic
18463685.jpg

JK, here I am really at work
stuff011.jpg

Hi All, My name is Dan and after about 8 years of wanting to acquire my LTC I've finally taken the 1st steps ( safety class next week, and appointment with CLEO the following ) The overwhelming confusion and intimidation of the process has kept me from trying until, well, now.... The laws make you feel like a criminal for wanting a firearm, and until now my experience with gun owners/shops has been that if you dont own at least two AK's/AR's and have some sort of underground bunker your not worth talking to.
A friend at work reintroduced me to sport shooting and I decided it was time...... so a trip to the only gun store i could think of was in order.... 45 min later i'm in Shrewsbury...... big mistake...... 15 min later I'm on my way home with my original thoughts confirmed, gun owner=ass
On my way home a remember a shop out in Shirley where I use to live.......
Thank you Blue Northern Trading for showing me you dont have to own a bunker and a pile of AK/AR's to enjoy this sport( not that theres anything wrong with either!!! ) And thank you Northeastshooters.com for making sense ( if possible ) out of our crazy state laws and being actual, normal ( mostly ) people.....

holy crap that was a little long, sorry..... DRB

Welcome Dan! You found a great shop in Blue Northern, they're definitely one of the "good guys". And don't worry, there are plenty of other good shops out there and fellow enthusiasts who will treat you right.

Hello, my name is Jon. I just completed basic firearms training tonight and my instructor told me about the site. This is something that I've wanted to do for a long time and I am finally taking the steps to get my LTC. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Morning NES!

My name is Andrew, living in the capital of the Confederacy (Richmond, VA for those unaware); I'm a Boston ex-pat down here for the next few years.

Seems that my friends got into shooting sports just around the time I left Boston -- and I'll be back in New England before too long, so I figured I'd join in the discussion here.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Hello from Slidell, LA (outside of New Orleans). Veteran Marine and been shooting for years. Was googling some stuff and ran across this board. Good site!

Yeah, Fourchon is probably the same as it was then. Slidell is a bit better. Our un-official city slogan is The Truck Stop of Louisiana...lol

Good lord, they're all coming out of the woodwork!! Guys, we needed you LAST year to vote down the Obamanation!! [smile]

Welcome aboard, all.

Hi All, My name is Dan and after about 8 years of wanting to acquire my LTC I've finally taken the 1st steps ( safety class next week, and appointment with CLEO the following ) The overwhelming confusion and intimidation of the process has kept me from trying until, well, now.... The laws make you feel like a criminal for wanting a firearm, and until now my experience with gun owners/shops has been that if you dont own at least two AK's/AR's and have some sort of underground bunker your not worth talking to.
A friend at work reintroduced me to sport shooting and I decided it was time...... so a trip to the only gun store i could think of was in order.... 45 min later i'm in Shrewsbury...... big mistake...... 15 min later I'm on my way home with my original thoughts confirmed, gun owner=ass
Well... actually, gun shop owner in Shrewsbury = ass.

Glad you perservered. Other shops in the area you could try are Titegroup in Northboro and Callaghan's in Marllboro.

Back
Top Bottom