New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello,
My name is Chris and I have been shooting for many years and own a few guns. I live in Ct. and used to hunt a lot...not as much now, now I go fishing. I want to get into comp. shooting specifically IDPA but haven't had any success in contacting anyone in my state to give me some direction...someone directed me to this site in the hopes that someone could help me with that quest. It will be funny to watch me as abeginner in comp. shooting...I'm pretty sure I will suck![rofl]

Welcome, Chris.

I wouldn't worry about anyone laughing at you in shooting; what is far more likely is that folks will all be giving you suggestions on how to improve. Competitive shooters (hell, shooters in general!) are some of the nicest folks I've ever met. The a**h*** factor is quite low.

I'm Lori, Big Daddy's wife. I joined the forum to let you guys know what's up with him and I think I'll stick around and do some reading. Love the forum. got my first LTC in 91. Shot my first gun in 81. Retired USN, met Big Daddy in Jail, and am currently a LEO. 3 years, 11 months and 3 weeks to retirement (not that I'm counting). Need to find a state that still recognizes the US Constitution. OH, I'm different than most LEO's in that I enjoy shooting.

He's doing well, considering. He wants to be better yesterday. He's probably going to have to do a rehab. Oh, thanks for sticking up for me with the pretty nurses comment. I'm Sicilian, they don't have to worry about my hobby, just my lineage!

Howdy

Howdy all,
I am from RI. I came over to visit this site because someone here had an item I was looking for in the classifieds. Being that New England is almost a state of it's own, I have most likely shot in either IPSC, IDPA, BULLSEYE,or CAS with a bunch of you over the years. Seemed that i should join and support a group close to home. I have been shooting for around 35 years. I have lived in RI for 50. I am looking forward to sharing information that concerns all of us here in New England, making some new friends, and I am always up for learning new things. See y'all on the forum.

WG840 (Yep, same WG840 over on the S&W forum!)

I've lurked through the various fora on NES for a few weeks after finding the site through searches on the finer (ha) points of Mass firearms laws. NES is clearly a place with helpful folks and thoughtful posts (and if they're incomprehensible due to spelling, grammar, or punctuation it's nice to see that folks like Scrivener swoop in with a kindly correction). OK enough transparent sucking up, I suppose.

My firearms background is limited -- I've never lived in a free state, just Maryland and Massachusetts. My father-in-law from Arizona took me out to the remarkable Ben Avery facility with a few of his WWII-era milsurps (Swiss K-31, Russian SKS, Turk Mauser, Brit Enfield, etc) and I got bit by the bug (and kicked by the mule of 7.62 x 54R in a Mosin-Nagant) and started the lengthy process of asserting my 2A rights here in MA.

Now my wife and I both have Class A, ALP and are the proud parents of a 2.25 year-old fellow GOAL member. The newest addition isn't on the family membership yet (but cut her a break, she turned 5 days old only an hour ago!). The girls will share a 22LR Cricket I picked up the other day to celebrate Heller v. DC (thanks C-PHER!). We've been filling the safe fast, since it seems that the political winds never blow in favor of the law-abiding, and as limited as our options are now it is clear that there are many who'd push to restrict us further. With any luck our safe will get more crowded shortly when the order for service grade CMP rifles come in (Sprinfield Armory Garand, IBM M1 Carbine). About all we're missing now is an evil black rifle.

My next project will be to make a Liberty Training Rifle (anyone think the DSP version of the 10/22 would be a reasonable foundation ... it seems that the Wally World and Bass Pro special runs have come to an end?) and get to a mini-Appleseed when the littlest one has a few more months under her belt.

Thanks Derek for creating such an entertaining and informative corner of the Web!

Hi all,

New guy here, Bob Pepi. I live in Franklin. I'm a new gun owner and have an M&P 9 with the dreaded MA trigger.

My background is fairly limited, I've never owned before but I DID do the BB gun thing in my youth and I've done some pheasant hunting. Finally took the plunge and bought a handgun for a number of reasons including but not limited to:

Liking to shoot

being concerned with the erosion of individual rights in the Commonwealth as well as the nation as a whole & being aware that rights unexcercised are rights soon lost

Liking to shoot

Wanting the ability to defend myself and my family

Did I say liking to shoot?

I've put about 800 rounds through my gun so far and dry-fire daily and the trigger is smoothing out. I'm still not happy with my groups so I may do a trigger job, we'll see how my next couple of range visits go.

Stumbled accross you all via a websearch on the legal implications of the trigger job & deadly force/self defense situations (I read Armed Response and got paranoid). Read the several threads on the subject and feel much better about it. Liked what I saw on the other threads & registered.

I'm a GOAL member. Need to get off the stick and join NRA too. Interested in getting involved in IDPA.

Hi all,

New guy here, Bob Pepi. I live in Franklin. I'm a new gun owner and have an M&P 9 with the dreaded MA trigger.

My background is fairly limited, I've never owned before but I DID do the BB gun thing in my youth and I've done some pheasant hunting. Finally took the plunge and bought a handgun for a number of reasons including but not limited to:

Liking to shoot

being concerned with the erosion of individual rights in the Commonwealth as well as the nation as a whole & being aware that rights unexcercised are rights soon lost

Liking to shoot

Wanting the ability to defend myself and my family

Did I say liking to shoot?

I've put about 800 rounds through my gun so far and dry-fire daily and the trigger is smoothing out. I'm still not happy with my groups so I may do a trigger job, we'll see how my next couple of range visits go.

Stumbled accross you all via a websearch on the legal implications of the trigger job & deadly force/self defense situations (I read Armed Response and got paranoid). Read the several threads on the subject and feel much better about it. Liked what I saw on the other threads & registered.

I'm a GOAL member. Need to get off the stick and join NRA too. Interested in getting involved in IDPA.

Welcome, and get that trigger done. It will be alot cheaper then trying to shoot it looser.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom